Sign in to follow this  
ctaylor77

This house possible?

It is possible, but a'lot of work.

You need to build it then bash the floors below once its up, but you will always be left with a plan on the bottom tile.

One of my buildings below kinda the same principle

vwu39t.jpg

Edited by shakys
  • Like 1

To clarify, it's NOT possible as it exists in the picture, because you simply can't have an upper floor hanging beyond the ground floorplan.

In other words: The actual plan for the house determines the tiles you can build on and above. The only way to have an upper floor extend beyond a lower floor is for the lower floor's walls to just be bashed-out plans like shakys said, which also means that, since an exterior wall is unfinished, the building will be considered incomplete.

3 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

To clarify, it's NOT possible as it exists in the picture, because you simply can't have an upper floor hanging beyond the ground floorplan.

In other words: The actual plan for the house determines the tiles you can build on and above. The only way to have an upper floor extend beyond a lower floor is for the lower floor's walls to just be bashed-out plans like shakys said, which also means that, since an exterior wall is unfinished, the building will be considered incomplete.

IT SHOULD BE! Really though, they've been nerfing how we build houses left and right for years, you used to be able to build on slopes, as well as stuff like this. BRING IT BACK DEVS PLEASE. ?

Can I build the over hang at the top?... if... I build full walled rooms at the base then destroy the outer walls, inner becoming new outer? And still have over hang? I would like this to be out of pottery brick maybe, would look pretty cool.

Is my design good or too much for wurm?

Too much for Wurm.  You can't have a floor overhanging ground that isn't part of the house layout and a house layout needs all of its outside walls in place on the ground floor.  Arches can be used for outside walls but that doesn't really accomplish what you've designed here.

You could do it in Wurm Unlimited with a GM Wand. :)

17 hours ago, ctaylor77 said:

Can I build the over hang at the top?... if... I build full walled rooms at the base then destroy the outer walls, inner becoming new outer? And still have over hang? I would like this to be out of pottery brick maybe, would look pretty cool.

No. The exterior ground-level wallplan ALWAYS restricts what you can build over, no matter how tall.

You could play a trick on the eyes though by digging down 33 dirts and making a solid foundation then using the floor and bridges to make the ground look seamless and anything over top would be possible