Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Time/Weather Ticker @ Wurmonline.com

Please oh please Wurm Gods!

[18:03:14] You start to sacrifice in the name of the Wurm Gods!

Please, oh please consider a time and weather ticker on the main website. Not only would it put off a nice vibe of depth and 24-hour goings-ons in the game world, but it would also greatly help those like me who can't seem to EVER login at any other in-game time aside from the start of or the middle of the Wurm night EVERY time! lol

• Like 4

+1

This would be nice info to have available. Many people talk about always logging in when it is dark, but if they had known, they could have done something for the little bit of time until it was daylight. Would be nice to check first, especially if you have plans for travel, or sailing, which both can be harder at night.

+1 I just wanna know whether I should brace myself for the glaring whiteness of snow or not

Meanwhile you can use this: http://wurmonline.com/status-new/ or google with "wurm server status" if you don't like clicking on links. What else do you use main website for (which I assume is https://www.wurmonline.com/ [?]) other than creating alts, reading outdated articles, following broken links, possibly buying some coins or premium time, what else?... hm.. maybe installing Wurm on new PC? I'm running out of ideas. Is there any valid reason for someone to visit it frequently (actually more than once), say on daily basis? You could probably fetch the result from the website I linked and since it's so simple I don't think there should be any problem to parse it and present it in say desktop overlay/ gadget or whatever it's called, maybe even plug into your favourite web browser or wherever you want to see it. Unless I misunderstood your post and/or intentions.

EDIT:

Apparently someone did it alreay:

Edited by Rissa
typo
  • Like 2

That link is different, the one I posted doesn't seem to have that problem :). It also includes the weather concdition (wind), also population, seems like it includes same info, maybe try that one.

They still haven't fixed the forums css and they took away the server status but I'll +1 this anyway. 

10 hours ago, Rissa said:

Apparently someone did it alreay

"Someone" made this 6 years ago, and it is a very popular tool used by Wurm players ever since! :)

• Like 2

They say if you throw 20s down the wishing well the idea is made reality.

+1 Though

@Yaga, that looks fantastic and is exactly what I'm after essentially (aside from wishing to pretty up the site)!

However, when I go to move the install file to my computer, my antivirus blocks me and says that it is infected with a known heuristic virus named "Heur.AdvML.B". This is from clicking the link on your post there - the .zip file.

For more info on what is being seen attached to the file, I'm directed to - https://www.symantec.com/security_response/sape/

Is this a known issue?

Edited by MordosKull
Addition of link

Modern anti-malware programs often use "heuristics" and they tend to simply block programs they do not know (just to be on the safe side). In this special case Symantec probably noticed that WurmClock has the ability to download data from the internet (which is intended: it checks for new program versions and lets you download the updated program).

As long as you download WurmClock from the URL given in the forum post (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/68t8qu437g02wgo/WurmClock330.zip) you should be safe. The original WurmClock3.exe (File version: 3.3.0.0, File size: 658,432 Bytes) is not infected, so adding it to your antivirus whitelist is secure.

Yaga, I whitelisted it and restored and have it running now. THIS JUST CHANGED EVERYTHING. WOW.    Very nice and thank you!

• Like 1

Yeah but what about something on the actual site, instead of some third party app?

Maybe they could just incorporate Yaga's tool on the site somehow? (or something similar)

• Like 1

Shameless bump, especially with the new fishing system's day/night importance. :)      and archery, and sailing, and, raids, and, and,   lol

Put on login screen where the news and name and password stuff appear?

Edited by MordosKull
stuff. more stuff