Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Deliverance Community Map (Discontinued)

23 hours ago, Oluffus said:

Marquette Harbour  147, 855

Done. Thank you.

• Like 1

Guard towers: (561/129) and (532/194)

I tried to be as accurate as possible, but it's difficult. A one-tile wide bridge appears to be four tiles wide on the map, so they are probably off by a tile or two.

Are guard towers not shown on the map or has just nobody added any so far? You did mention them in the first post. (Alternatively, I'm just blind and couldn't find any)

8 minutes ago, Xandaros said:

Guard towers: (561/129) and (532/194)

Added.

8 minutes ago, Xandaros said:

Are guard towers not shown on the map or has just nobody added any so far?

Nobody added any so far (oh wait - I think I added one, can you find it? ;) )

Problem with guard towers is that they don't have a symbol yet . They just show up as (almost invisible) mostly transparent circles. @jackjones

Found it! Near Cedar Grove :P

Now knowing what they look like and knowing you live in the serendipity bay area, it wasn't all that hard, actually. But yeah, they definitely need a symbol.

Hmm... the centre point of the guard tower is marked and it looks different at different zoom levels. If I zoom out a bit, it looks like it is one tile to the north and one to the east of where it should actually be.

obpw.png

If I zoom in one more level, it looks like it actually marks 4 tiles? Or a single tile, offset by half a tile?

8rk8.png

Guard towers are work in progress. There is a long wish list of things to improve; I'm sure@jackjoneswill surprise us with some nice updates soon! :)

I think it's more than just guard towers. It looks like the coordinates have a rounding error.

At first I thought the resolution of the map was 4 tiles, but it actually shows every tile. If you hover over the left side of the tile, you get one coordinate and if you hover over the right, you get another. The entire grid is offset by half a tile. It appears to be the same at most close zoom levels.

Tested with Firefox 60.0.2 and Google Chrome 66.0.3359.139 on Arch Linux.

Edited by Xandaros

1 minute ago, Xandaros said:

The entire grid is offset by half a tile.

The coordinates of a Wurm tile are actually the coordinates of its NW corner. So the mouseover may show different values while you move across a tile and approach the NW corner of the next tile. (It's the corners actually instead of the tiles, which explains your observation.)

But... one tile should have the same coordinates no matter where you mouse-over, right?

The NW part of the topmost, leftmost tile shows 0,0. The SW part of the same tile shows 1,1.

9 hours ago, Los_Borrachos said:

1780,460 - Los Borrachos

Done

43 minutes ago, Raix said:

1361, 1532 - Rimstone

Done

Hey yaga, My deed on the map says Viewport instead of Viewpoint @1389, 1466

5 hours ago, Jeston said:

My deed on the map says Viewport instead of Viewpoint

Thanks. Changed to "Azure Viewpoint"

That's almost in local of old Mar Terrin.

I have some gift boxes that belong to you from back then, @Radon

Edited by Cecci

On 10/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, Radon said:

New Deed founded "Amethyst Wharf" @ 318, 1424

Added.

Got two more for you:

Port Erinin @ 349, 1420

Tar Valon @ 417, 1423

What kind of stuff is on the to-do list?  Some of us may be willing and able to lend a hand ;)

59 minutes ago, Althorian said:

Port Erinin @ 349, 1420

Tar Valon @ 417, 1423

Done.

59 minutes ago, Althorian said:

What kind of stuff is on the to-do list?

There is a long wishlist, but it seems we have to wait for our web developer and map host ( @jackjones) to be available again.

Got it.  Well if@jackjones has a need, there are other web developers out there who would be willing to lend a hand if he gets busy ?

1 hour ago, Elsa said:

House Of The Rising Sun (231,1200)

Done.

Heads-up: It was brought to my attention that the map does not work properly with Internet Explorer.

So, if you experience any issues with map display or zooming, make sure that you use a modern browser - anything better and newer than IE should do. In the meantime we will try to find out what the issue with IE is.

(Thanks to @VelvetSunfor making me aware of that problem.)

The old map used to show market towns in a different colour.

I just fancied going out and exploring some markets and before heading off, was thinking it would be nice if:

• Deeds that are public markets (like Southport, and Delish) are a different colour or have a large market symbol on the community map.
  • Independent merchant stalls or clusters of stalls also had a small symbol on the map.

This might encourage folks to visit more of their neighbours' markets and stalls - if we just knew where they were.

Thanks for considering! :) 

• Like 2

Thank you, Muse - that's a very good idea and I will definitely add it to the long and growing list of feature requests.

Our current problem is: this community map is generated automatically (from data in a spreadsheet) by a web based software application, made by our web developer genius @jackjones. While this is an extremely cool solution, making map  maintenance very easy, it also means that every new feature needs some programming effort by @jackjones. Unfortunately, due to real life duties he does not seem to be available at the moment, so all we can do is wait patiently (or find an alternative, eventually).

In any case I will forward your request to Jack!