Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Deliverance Community Map (Discontinued)

We did have a market highlighting feature on Xanadu in the beginning. We removed it due to a political situation.

However, we could implement something like this:

Ycds4XL.png

The Deli map has some of the legacy code that can support deed outlining for markets.

Question is.. you like the orange?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jackjones said:

you like the orange?

In my opinion it should not be too conspicuous - we don't want the marketplaces look like super-important hyper cities, or like starter towns, do we? ;) . A thin orange border might be OK, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Xandaros said:

New highway: (226, 1383), (226, 1365), (246, 1365), (246, 1269) 

Thanks. Done!

7 minutes ago, Oluffus said:

New deed:  Baywater Landing, 154,826

Thanks, Done.

• Like 1

New Tunnel : Shark Lake Tunnel

Walkway and boat access (all)

1442,1521 Entrance (east)
1008,1585 Entrance (West)

30 minutes ago, xxxpoisonxxx said:

New Tunnel : Shark Lake Tunnel

Thanks. Done.

Please change Hillstreet Village to Neverwood Forest, it's um somewhere in N9

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Please change Hillstreet Village to Neverwood Forest, it's um somewhere in N9

Done.

• Like 1

The latest map dump has been implemented.

Thank you for the great job @jackjones!

• Like 1

@jackjonesis working on a new version of his community map software, so he will release a few "beta" versions before eveything is complete.

I am sure we will be able to see everything (highways, names, resources etc.) again very soon.

• Like 2

Update: I am trying to contact @jackjones hoping we can at least get our previous functionality back while he is working on an update. (It seems, probably by accident, an incomplete beta version of WIP has become live.)

2 hours ago, Stargrace said:

New deed: Quail Cove (1695, 1318) 

Thanks. Done!

On 1/9/2019 at 4:34 PM, Yaga said:

Update: I am trying to contact @jackjones hoping we can at least get our previous functionality back while he is working on an update. (It seems, probably by accident, an incomplete beta version of WIP has become live.)

Unfortunately I got no response from @jackjonesso far. Let's hope the map will be functional again soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have good news.

After we were left with an unfinished map software and no information about when it will be fixed (if at all), I teamed up with my friend Substr, who is an experienced web developer, to create a new web based interactive map. When finished, this new community map will contain all the information that we once had (highways, landmarks and location names, resources...) and more! Here is a sneak preview of what it will look like:

92p1P02.png

This new map is based on a small and clean web application, created by Substr. We (Substr and myself) will have complete control over the map software and thus will be able to adjust the map to the needs and wishes of Deli's community, without being dependent on a third party. The new map is almost finished and will be available soon(TM). Please stand by.

• Like 7

Cool :) 

What will the public markets look like on this map? - if you were to scroll down to Delish etc. :) 

4 minutes ago, Muse said:

What will the public markets look like on this map?

This is a feature that has to be done yet. Maybe a symbol inside the yellow square? Or an outline that has a different color (e.g. purple instead of black)? We are free to do what we want.

EDIT: I think we will use the outline :)

It looks very nice so far. Good job guys!

Looking forward to see the end result, but im sure its promising when experienced old timers like yourself is handling everything from the beginning. Wondering if it will be possible to have other servers in this tool also? Or is it Deli exclusive since thats the map youre taking care of.

keep up the good work. :) 

1 hour ago, Nordlys said:

It looks very nice so far. Good job guys!

Looking forward to see the end result, but im sure its promising when experienced old timers like yourself is handling everything from the beginning. Wondering if it will be possible to have other servers in this tool also? Or is it Deli exclusive since thats the map youre taking care of.

keep up the good work. :) 

Thanks.

In principle the software is capable of supporting other server maps as well. However, currently it has been designed and optimized to work for small maps (2048x2048 tiles) and tbh I have no idea if it would severely act up with a huge map like Xanadu, for example. Let's just use it with Deli for a while, before we venture further. But, who knows... ;)

• Like 1