Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Deliverance Community Map (Discontinued)

Deliverance Community Map

The new improved Deliverance Community Map is brought to you by wurmonlinemaps.com, courtesy of Jackjones ( @jackjones). It is based on the latest official map dumps provided by Code Club AB.

Map Link: http://wurmonlinemaps.com/deliverance  (Discontinued)

New map link: Deliverance Community Map

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note: due to a problem with the software used the community map is currently incomplete. Some of the essential information is missing. I apologise for the inconvenience.
We are working on a solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

1. Map coordinates

The map offers a common type of map grid (as an optional overlay), using the same denotation as the in-game map (for example "E 24").

However, to place and find locations in a much more detailed way the new map is based on "tile coordinates" (x, y), making it possible to narrow down locations to a single tile on the server!

This allows us to place deeds and landmarks much more precisely than before. (Map coordinates are explained in the next post.)

2. Zoom

The map provides various zoom levels, allowing to zoom in from a view of the entire server to close-ups of single deeds.

3. Overlays

Deeds, Canals, Bridges etc. are actually map overlays which can be toggled on and off. You can also choose among various map types (Terrain, Topographical, Isometric).

4. Finding settlements

The map offers an easy-to-use search function for deeds.

5. Your own markers

You are able to draw lines, polygons, circles... on the map, in order to create your own map markers. You can then take a screenshot of the area to mark special locations for your friends.

Map policy

The community of Deliverance agreed on an "opt-out policy" for the community map. This means that the map is meant to be as complete and precise as possible, aiming at showing every settlement on the server as well as highways, tunnels, boat canals, bridges and important landmarks. To achieve this goal every community member is requested to help keeping the map up to date. Please report settlements (deeds), highways, tunnels, canals and landmarks that are not yet on the map. Use this forum thread to provide new information. If you are the mayor of a deed on the map and you feel that you have a good reason to hide your settlement from the community, please send me (Yaga) a PM, requesting your deed to be removed from the map ("Opt-out"). Please include a reason.

Adding Data

Please post in this thread to report new or changed data. (Do not send PMs, neither on the forum nor in-game!)

Please use tile coordinates (x, y) to report new map data. (Hover your mouse pointer over the location you wish to report and read the coordinates in the upper right corner.)

Deeds: Please report the settlement name and the coordinates of the settlement token. Example: "Serendipity Bay (1650, 1384)"

Highways: Please report the coordinates of all points describing the highway (start,  "corners", end). Example: " (305,1453), (305,1415), (226,1415), (226,1383), (156,1383)"

Tunnels, Canals, Bridges: Like highways. For boat canals, please include the information if passable by all ship types. (These elements can also be given a name.)

Other: You can also report clay and tar resources, guard towers, and special named landmarks (like names of lakes and mountains, as long as agreed among the local community.)

Map Development

This map is part of an ongoing project (see: http://wurmonlinemaps.com/). Further improvements and features will be added in future updates.

I am very grateful to @jackjonesfor providing the technology and resources that make this community map possible.

NOTE: It was brought to my attention that the map does not work properly with Internet Explorer.

So, if you experience any issues with map display or zooming, make sure that you use a modern browser - anything better and newer than IE should do. In the meantime we will try to find out what the issue with IE is.

• Like 10

How to use the map

1. Navigating the map

You can zoom and pan (move) the map using your mouse. Zoom in and out by scrolling the mouse wheel or using the "+/-" buttons in the upper left corner. Pan the map by holding the left (or middle) mouse button while moving your mouse.

2. Map coordinates

The map is based on "tile coordinates". According to Wurmpedia "a tile is a 4 meter by 4 meter square on the ground, which pretty much makes up the world of Wurm". The Deliverance server is a square of 2048 x 2048 tiles (corresponding to roughly 8 x 8 kilometers). On the official map dump image as provided by Code Club AB each pixel corresponds to a map tile. Map tiles are described by 2 coordinates (x, y), each counting from 0 to 2047. This coordinate system (unlike the "classical" Cartesian system) has its origin in the upper left corner:

rNRWgmU.png

For example, the upper left corner of the map has the coordinates (0,0), the upper right corner is at (2047, 0).

While you move your mouse pointer over the map the coordinates of the current map point are displayed in the upper right corner:

Q8PsHaj.png

This is how you determine the precise coordinates for any map point you may want to work with.

3. Layers (Overlays)

Most information on the map is provided as a layer or overlay that can be turned on and off. To see a list of available layers left-click the little cog wheel symbol in the upper left corner:

v5jLksP.png

By clicking on any of the layers listed you can toggle that type of map information on and off:

09aOiGK.png

The letters in parantheses are the hotkeys to quickly toggle a layer without having to open the menu:

• Press "S" to toggle the starter town
  • Press "D" to toggle deeds
  • Press "B" to toggle bridges
  • Press "T" to toggle canals and tunnels
  • Press "H" to toggle highways
  • Press "G" to toggle the map grid.

The "map grid" is an overlay showing grid cells that use the same notation as the in-game map. This can be very helpful when trying to describe the location of an area for another player when in-game.

4. Map types

In correspondence with the various map dump types released by Code Club AB, you can choose between these maps (either click on a button or press "C" to cycle through maps types):

QsqreKs.png

Terr = Terrain Map

Iso = Isometric Map

Topo = Topographical Map

Routes = Highway Map

Please note that the isometric map cannot be used to determine precise coordinates! If you need to determine map coordinates always use either the terrain map or the topographical map!

5. Find a settlement

If you want to find a particular settlement, just open the menu (click on the cog wheel symbol) and use the Search function:

vrqznIv.png

6. Draw your own markers

You can draw your own markers on the map. Click on the little pencil symbol in the lower left corner:

0BdUfJa.png

to open this toolbar:

epFRZr7.png

The tools allow you to draw points, lines, polygons or circles. The markers you draw will only be visible on your own screen, so in order to share your marked map section, you must take a screenshot.

For example:

CTU3hjh.png

• Like 2

Great job, Yaga :) I would like to add my deed to the new map. Castle Kochinac (201,516)

933.715 Klondyke

1060,746 Klondyke Shipping

And wow you must have come to my area to know the new highway that exactly, thanks Yaga ❤️

44 minutes ago, Cecci said:

you must have come to my area to know the new highway that exactly

Indeed, I have :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kochinac said:

Castle Kochinac (201,516)

13 hours ago, Cecci said:

933.715 Klondyke

1060,746 Klondyke Shipping

2 hours ago, xxxpoisonxxx said:

Yea the part of the highway from Shark Lake heading towards the void is slightly misplaced as posted by Muse.

DONE

This map is soooo nice. :D

It would be great if we could click on a town and see an image (screenshot) of the town uploaded by the owner - might help visitors know they've arrived at the right place.  Just an idea.  :)

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

The Sanctuary deed token location is at 644, 1239

A few other deeds around me are:

Lakeshore Road 645, 1178 with a 1 tile wide bridge from 651, 1177 to 651, 1193

The Lakeside 679, 1246

The Public Clay Preserve 684, 1310

Great work on the map to you guys!

=Ayes=

Southport token: 1165, 1923

The Mermaid's Cove (horse sanctuary) token: 1081, 1948 

Thank you! :) 

11 hours ago, Ayes said:

The Sanctuary deed token location is at 644, 1239

A few other deeds around me are:

Lakeshore Road 645, 1178 with a 1 tile wide bridge from 651, 1177 to 651, 1193

The Lakeside 679, 1246

The Public Clay Preserve 684, 1310

8 hours ago, Muse said:

Southport token: 1165, 1923

The Mermaid's Cove (horse sanctuary) token: 1081, 1948

Done.

• Like 1

Summer has come - and with it: vacation time! ?

I will be out of town for 10 days, starting tomorrow (Saturday). While I will be able to read (and probably reply to) forum messages, you will not see me in game (at least not very often ;)).

I may be able to make small changes to the map (like new deeds, if proper coordinates are provided), but don't hold your breath.

Looking forward to some relaxing summer days with family. See you again soon!

• Like 2

The Public Clay Preserve 684, 1310. A small misspelling here on your map, last word is listed as "Reserve" but proper name is Preserve.

A few more deeds spotted around my general vicinity:

Felwithe 739, 1358

Deja Vu 635, 1372

Smokey Hollow 596, 1503

Darknor 710, 1038

Thanks and have an enjoyable vacation.

=Ayes=

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

The Public Clay Preserve 684, 1310. A small misspelling here on your map, last word is listed as "Reserve" but proper name is Preserve.

Fixed (Sorry)

4 hours ago, Ayes said:

Felwithe 739, 1358

Deja Vu 635, 1372

Smokey Hollow 596, 1503

Darknor 710, 1038

Added. Thank you!

• Like 1

I just returned from my vacation and noticed the map is currently blank! ?

I hope JJ will fix the problem soon. Please stand by...

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 12:29 AM, khatanka said:

Camp D  543, 1948

On 7/8/2018 at 10:03 AM, Spaeder said:

Nidaros 610, 868

Done.

A few more deeds located nearby:

Turtle Lake Outpost 781, 1181

Fairshadow Grove 791, 1044

=Ayes=

12 hours ago, Ayes said:

Turtle Lake Outpost 781, 1181

Fairshadow Grove 791, 1044

Done.

• Like 1

3wmt36o.jpg

You may have noticed that we are currently having problems with the community map.

Our map provider (jackjones) informed me that the reason is a known íssue with the Google Sheets API, used to display the map:

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/111262653

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done on our end - so we hope that the problem will be fixed soon! Thank you for your patience.