Sign in to follow this  
Alen

Code club you wanto make DL content and sell it?

It might be an Idea for you to make things as DL content for WU, like the wagoner, and other things WU players might want...I might buy some if offered, some others might too?

what is the point, its totally not like mods can be made right?

original content is more trusted I might think.

I do not code or have a dedicated coder available to help, and or to fix it after a new patch

13 minutes ago, Alen said:

I do not code or have a dedicated coder available to help, and or to fix it after a new patch

Well what do you think can DLCs be? DLCs can add extra content to the game, but there is no point in having DLCs modifying stuff you don't like. This is why there are mods. 

3 hours ago, Alen said:

It would be a bad idea for server owners as I think most WU players would not buy DLC (most "well-off" Wurmians with money to burn play WO instead).

So you would have a constant flood of people complaining to you,  they were not able to log into your server. They would tell other people that your server does not seem to work right. Even people with the DLC who could log in, would avoid it because their friends could not play there. Everyone would instead go to the servers that have great mods without requiring players to keep buying more and more.

If you took a poll of players I think the majority would not buy DLC, would avoid servers that required extra paid content if it meant locking out other players,  and your server would just gradually get even emptier than before.   

People flock to the servers that have the most professional admins because they trust those admins to be able to deal with things like, getting mods to work on their servers. If they cannot handle simple mods there is a strong chance those people would also not be able to handle more severe issues, like corrupted databases.  

I think it is great if everyone has the opportunity to run a small casual server for solo play or for  "friends and family" -- I think that is much of the intent of WU. Those people will usually be more patient and forgiving if you struggle with issues after a patch. But not everyone should be thinking of running large public servers if they do not have the technical background for it (which Sklo has said many times before). 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2