Sign in to follow this  
Naiani

[Bug] Defeat a player with a bow not working properly

The personal goal for defeating another player with a bow seems to be broken. In order to complete this goal, you must have a bow in your hand, take off your pants and pretty much kick the player to death. Shooting them with the bow does not work. Can we look into fixing this?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Naiani said:

In order to complete this goal, you must have a bow in your hand, take off your pants and pretty much kick the player to death.

OK, I got a good laugh out of your description. :P

Should also note that trying to actually fire arrows into the....test dummy, yea lets go with that will end in the test dummy dead as it doesn't stop the spar before death.

Agreed, with OP I struggled with this the other day with my friend. Seems busted.

I thought the same thing, but aparently it depends on your weaponless fighting skill.

You will not swing a bow to hit in melee combat, but with 30 weaponless fighting (and no pants I think) you will start kicking your opponent once every.... 10?  15?  20? seconds.  To make the spar go faster, jump off a ledge a few times to make it easier on the attacker.

If you don't have 30 weaponless fighting skill, just go punch some sheep in your friendly neighborhood steppe for a couple hours.

No pants and no boots worked for me and 20+ weaponless was enough to kick.

I've added this to the list as the title and the actual method to achieve the goal doesn't make much sense.

"Defeat another player using a bow"

Who has to use the bow? me or the other player? :P 

Thanks for adding this to the list Alectrys. :) 

You have to wield the bow in your right hand then spar the other character.

You don't hit the character using the bow but instead kick them using your feet, this is why you need to take your pants off to allow kick attacks. Weaponless Fighting skill 20 may be required but this is not confirmed.

In my experience you also need to remove boots - I was not starting kicking until then (and looked awkward without pants but in boots anyway but my opponent did not die laughing so that does not work).

Edited by Jaz