Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

[Bug] Restart of client required to apply new sound source

Hello

When I switch sound source from speakers (monitor) to headphones or other way, Wurm sound source still stays on one it was launched.

So for example:

1. I launch Wurm on monitor source

2. Then, while playing switch source to headphones, but Wurm still is on the monitor source (so I don't hear sound from game on headphones).

or

1. I launch Wurm on headphones source

2. Then, while playing switch source to monitor, but Wurm still is on the headphones source (so I don't hear sound from game on monitor).

Other games and applications follow changed source, Wurm not. Changes are only applied after client restart.

Is it client bug or just java based "feature".

Have had the same issue several times, not actually switching sound sources but when my cats are running around playing and knock my speaker connection loose, plugging it back in makes no difference to wurm, same source it was on but client will not recognize that it is plugged in again without a client restart.

LOL was thinking about this 2 weeks ago.  When changing to my discord headphones I have to restart Wurm so it can pickup the change of sound device.  All my other games and programs don't have this issue.

Hopefully will be fixed with GUI update since they upgrading a lot of the backend to newer things which is supposed to stop the mouse spinning you around also.

19 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

upgrading a lot of the backend to newer things.

Ah nice. A backend update would definitely be needed to reset OpenAL. Minecraft lets you doing this by pressing the debug key (F3) + S together, but doesn't (last time I checked) listen for the device change event automatically.

19 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

which is supposed to stop the mouse spinning you around also.

Very looking forward to that!

Still present, so I must always check, before starting wurm, wich source got set.