I was just thinking how "cool" it would be if the smaller lakes and ponds became frozen during the winter.  If they did we could chisel ice blocks to put in the fridge that would work similar to snow balls, but would last longer. Also, maybe there could be ice fishing that would get different types of fish or other items. Maybe you could make fun ice sculptures, or the ability to ice skate. Ice skates could be made by leatherworking and blacksmithing. Another idea that might be to hard to do but in a larger lake there could be other dangers during winter like icebergs that could damage your ships. I'm sure there are many other ideas that could be made with frozen lakes as well but those are a few that I thought of off the top of my head. 

• Like 4

The only problem with coding something like this is having the code recognize water in a lake as that which should be frozen, likely a challenge to code.

• Like 2

maybe only tiles of water 6 dirt deep freeze and all others don't.  Any deeper would be a problem for boat canals.

Edited by Ascorbic
  • Like 3

Also people do live on these small ponds and lakes and wouldn't like their ships being out of commission during the winter.

1 hour ago, Joelle said:

Also people do live on these small ponds and lakes and wouldn't like their ships being out of commission during the winter.

tragic

nope

I'm up for tunnel deep mining and creating ice for larders.. or w/e cooking ideas.

Why not .. ice sculptures/statues with new texture decaying within.. just like snowmans.. last for 2-3-5-10 years..