Sign in to follow this  
Ekib

actual fruit press please

the fruit press is nice into letting turn nice yummy sugary fruits (and some other things) into juice...my main issue is how tiny it is (and na a volume rune wont cut it)... the storage for the juice is just so small, its turning out worse than making bricks, picking up shards and droping bricks over and over and over.

and its even worse if you absentmindedly press a tiny bit too much as it just spills it on the ground...even when its already full. (at least bricks dont overflow)

so how about a safety saying the press cant hold any more juice and not press then? like many other actions already got.

or the ability to link the press to a container? activate barrel, link to the press, juice falls in there automaticly... like in real live: a few presses have a holding area but most dont and just spill directly into a container.

other option would be a large juice press. acting as a furniture (like a loom) so cant use it in inventory. but you load it with the items and activate it. could use a barrel/large barrel as storage, with a few beams and nails as well as all mats for a press. would be a high lvl fine carp tool. unmovable (aside from pushing and loading in wagon) but let us be able to press large quantities of juice without spilling half on the ground...

with the many making 5k wine creation goals... got a feeling this might help a few of us who can get distracted sometimes ( been pressing juice while typing this msg. managed to overfill the press twice in that time ? )

Edited by Ekib
  • Like 7

+1

I've experienced this, too, as I'm sure most players have. When I lived in Germany for a while my landlord was a farmer who lived across the street. Every year after apple harvest he would be out making juice. The press he used was about the same size as the fruit press in game appears to be, but it had a sluice which fed the juice into a bucket. A mechanic like this in game would be much more useful and realistic. I don't really have a problem with the juice overflowing onto the ground, as that would happen in real  life when not paying sufficient attention, but with the fruit press draining into a bucket at least players wouldn't need to be glued to the screen when making juice.

Edited by Alendhor
Added +1
  • Like 2

Yeah my semi-workaround is to grab presses equal to my max queue (4) and take 7 times as much fruits (28) or 11 times (44) for olives and cherries but it's not really much of an improvement and comes with the drawbacks of only processing batches of 28/44 items per batch, having to empty every press individually and not really being affordable to get every enchantment 4 times.

Indeed we should have either a option to have it automatically funnel into a bigger container if set up correctly or trample large amounts of grapes inside a huge tub for mass production.

• Like 1

This I can get behind with the thousands of fruits I have squished through mine.

If you have 8 actions you not even going to be able to use all 8, its a mind numbing emptying out the press every 7 actions.

+1

yes please - a very solid +1 from my side.

Better yet make use of the large tubs in game and allow grapes to be juiced in there.

1 hour ago, Crackmore_ said:

trample large amounts of grapes inside a huge tub for mass production.

3 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Better yet make use of the large tubs in game and allow grapes to be juiced in there.

fill tub with grapes, the more time the longer timer.. juice would be less ql than with a press but producable in larger quantities more easily/faster overall...yea would work too

other option would be a large juice press. acting as a furniture (like a loom) so cant use it in inventory. but you load it with the items and activate it. could use a barrel/large barrel as storage, with a few beams and nails as well as all mats for a press. would be a high lvl fine carp tool. unmovable (aside from pushing and loading in wagon) but let us be able to press large quantities of juice without spilling half on the ground...

I'm liking this option. Resolves the problem without making the smaller juice press totally obsolete.

9 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I'm liking this option. Resolves the problem without making the smaller juice press totally obsolete.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Tub

This object currently has no use in the game aside from holding liquid, lets repurpose it instead of making a "large juice press"

I kind of feel without a regular use for/ trade in wine that it would be solving a problem that will gradually become less of a problem as people get the goal done.

It is a problem though, juicing is more wrestling with the UI than actually playing a game, needing to drag and drop 1300 times to empty the thing is highlighting it. 

• Like 1

well the wine goal puts the issue in the spotlight but its always been a pain..whenever you need juice in large quantities, grape, lemon, oils, whatever...

Way i do it is combine 8(7 if not volume runed press) grapes, fill up a container with 2kg grape bundles, then have fruit presses equal to the amount of queues i have, the craft menu moves through fruit presses as it does it, then you empty out 7 or w/e fruit presses at once. Cuts down the actions needed. That being said, its a fairly stupid thing to workaround, surely you can cut a hole into the bottom of a fruit presss and have it flow into a tub.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

13 hours ago, RollyPolly said:

I kind of feel without a regular use for/ trade in wine that it would be solving a problem that will gradually become less of a problem as people get the goal done.

It is a problem though, juicing is more wrestling with the UI than actually playing a game, needing to drag and drop 1300 times to empty the thing is highlighting it. 

Wine has its uses in the stamina regen realm, plus I personally like making wine, and I know a lot of people personally like producing booze of all kinds.

I finished the wine 5kg goal recently, but I have squished far more berries and fruits just for making transmutation fluids, and it is a really slow process.

We really don't need a new fruit press, the one we have is fine.

A fruitpress really is not a container, the juice they produce flows into another container, so the only change I would like to see is for the juice from the press to either flow into a barrel, or simply hold far more juice than it currently holds, even a small barrel size of 45kgs would be a nice change.