Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

Plan Bridge - corner has changed since planning bug is back

This bug appears to have returned, planning an E/W bridge from land to building, 1 long, 3 wide, and I keep getting this message, tried every fix I could think of and it's the same every time, I get this message:

[08:52:29] You notice that the south west corner of the plan has changed height since the start of the planning phase.

Everything is how it should be and I have the same but opposite bridge on the other side of the deed that went up without issue (made it months ago).

Thanks for any help.

Edited by NESGamepro

Me and a GM (think it was Jberg) figured this one out long ago, it all depends on which corner of the tiles you are standing on, I think the explanation is on the wiki.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Bridge

At least I think this is a similar instance of the problem anyways, look at the planning diagram for building to building on a 3 wide.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

I did try the 2 closest corners earlier but didn't think to try the farthest corners and that worked. I've made a lot of these small bridges and it's the first time I've had that happen. Still probably a bug but I got it planned. Thanks Jake!

No problem, I ran into the problem shortly after bridges came out and it was a puzzle I could not figure out.

I know a guy in my alliance also had this issue like in the autumn and a GM came and found that a corner of a tile was bugged for him.

It's possible it's related to another bug I've hit and worked around. Not too far from where the bridge is I hit a spot that wouldn't let me surface mine, it was saying there was a mine too close and that I should make an entrance instead. I knew for a fact there wasn't because I collapsed it myself long ago. So I did what the error said anyway, made an entrance, tunneled in a couple tiles to underneath where the problem was, collapsed it all closed and it works, I surface mined it successfully.

Just throwing that out there in case a dev sees this and it might help piece together the problem.