Sign in to follow this  
Lianya

Plant Sprouts in Pottery Planters

I would love it if we could plant all the different sprouts into planters to get small version of the plant as decorations. I think it would also be a nice use for excess sprouts. 

Another idea that could go along with it is the ability to prune the plants for sprouts, much like a bonsai. The mechanic could work like herbs in herb planters except that you harvest sprouts.

I personally would prefer they be decorations that don't need to be tended, but I could also see people wanting bonsai orange trees. :)

• Like 9

+1. more decorations and options to do stuff cant hurt. also...mini bonzai to decorate ... who could say no to that?

• Like 2

+1, maybe add high gardening to be able to make it as bonsai isn't something that is easy, and get ticks on ocassionaly pruning it

I would think that cutting off bits of the tree is easy. The hard part is keeping it alive and not killing it.

I think low gardening skill would allow you to harvest the tree but damage it. Once it reaches full decay it "dies" and the planter returns to empty. High gardening skill would allow you to cut without damage or minimal damage and possibly allow a person to "repair" damage much the way water reduces decay on flower planters.

Would love to see bonsai trees.  I think they would be mostly decorative.  The pot itself would be just pottery skill.

Simplest form: plant sprout in special planter, mini tree has exact same life span and stages as regular tree, but gives no wood, can't be harvested, and gives no sprouts.

This needs more attention, so giving another bump to the thread. :) 

Would be nice to have the bonsai trees in flower pots as well. I would love to create a cave garden. So any idea that will give us more options to grow plants underground has a +1 from me.

+1,  tbh, I don't see why it's not possible already or why it wasn't implemented in the beginning...