Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Bee hives - die within 24hours loaded in a wagon

Bee hives - die within 24hours loaded in a wagon

Had 15 loaded in 2 wagons, 4 noisy, 1 active, rest - empty.. I was improving them to 76ql.. but it got late.. and left them in the wagons overnight.. so I could finish improving them.. and than place them back where they had to be.

On the next day I continued improving them.. I think they were fine ~before I left the server for 20-30 min, when I got back and again continued to work on them. noticed that they have formed 2x stacks instead of initial 4 groups and now.. they are all empty....

Hives which had bees had no honey, but they had 3x ql88 sugar in each, afaik bees eat 0.10 per day.

Is this intended bee behavior or a bug?

think you should of put more in each hive

easy to get new bee's though, or just leave the honey in them

if you need honey come to toc, i have hives that been busy collecting for 18+ months now

Happened to me as well, not sure how much food they had but they died day after... Beekeepers wagon as new vehicle from which they can harvest would be nice, and increased honey gain  from fruits while in season to gives as reason to move them, and ofc more uses from honey to give us reason to keep them in first place would be nice :)

Did the hives have food in it when you got back, did they eat all the sugar fast or just die without eating it?

@JakeRiversthx, no need tho, I'll be fine, it just sucked to lose my 1st bees that way.. slows me a lot

Dark - no clue, cant be sure.. I concentrated on improving when I logged in on next day after work, I did a small boat trip and returned in ~30min to continue improving the hives.. that's when I noticed that hives were in just 2 stacks and that's when  I saw the 'empty' word in their name...

Can't really say for sure that they weren't empty before the boat trip. Definitely took less than 24h to kill 9 queens that way.