Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Fixes to personal goals

Even if it's apparent personal goal won't see large changes, a few tweaks could make our life easier!

Catch a 190kg fish -

lower 190kg fish (95QL) to 180kg fish (90QL) - achievement remains hard enough to require a few thousands actions due to the RNG but become more doable.

Kill 100 wild unicorns -

Either allow bred unicorns or manually add enough unicorns spawners on the servers for them.

Make 5K wine -

allow any alcohols to complete that goal, be it beer, whiskey, blue / white / rice wine and others.

100K actions-
maybe also lowering the timer to 2 seconds on the 100K actions instead of the current 3 seconds to take in account mining actions and a few fast others.

Lockpick 5 door locks -

Allow to lock pick your own house (or with manage perms) on freedom.

Sea serpents -

Fix the spawns... or like the unicorns, manually add a few from time to time.

Feedback  on all achievements requiring multiples actions -

Actual counters (or visible achievements) on those who requires a bunch of actions.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 5

I would add the exquisit gemstone to the list, thats allso just so random.

• Like 3

I can agree on the above, especially the unicorns and serpent.

I have been playing wurm since November 2015, and i have only ever seen a wild unicorn (1) once! And that unicorn was a narwhal, so its a specially spawned one for the Christmas event. How do you imagine us finding and killing 100 of them? It is an impossible goal with the spawn rates of unicorns.

Same thing for the serpent. In my playtime i have seen/heard of precisely 0 serpent spawns.

As for wine, with the fail rate, around 10k grapes are needed. With no time frame given on when the system will be scrapped entirely, it seems kind of crazy to go and plant around 5k trellises/grape bushes just to see the system poof before completing this.

I would like to see the unis replaced for something more doable, lava fiends even (hard to find but not entirely impossible)

And serpent exchanged for some other unique that actually has a chance of spawning.

As for wine, i agree to what Odynn proposed, maybe make it all fermented alcohols and count them together or something, or exchange the goal to something else. 

I have no wish to spam alts like crazy and hope one gets a doable goal. It is really depressing that no matter how i try, i am not going to be able to complete the goals because, in my case, the 100 unicorns do not exist.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Even if it's apparent personal goal won't see large changes, a few tweaks could make our life easier!

Kill 100 wild unicorns -

Either allow bred unicorns or manually add enough unicorns spawners on the servers for them.

Lockpick 5 door locks -

Actual counters (or visible achievements) on those who requires a bunch of actions.

You can mitigate the difficulty of these two by coming to epic, Unicorns are more easily found, and my team can assist you with the lockpicking requirement. 

All the goals above are easily met with a bit of effort!

Edited by FranktheTank

9 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

my team can assist you with the lockpicking requirement. 

While i appreciate the offer, my own personal issue is the shark. mostly because its all based on RNG, which means you can get it in 1 try or 1bilion.

Others goals can be done with a bit of effort... not knowing the amount of effort already done and what is left to do is the trouble, hence the counters or making visible the invisible achievements keeping track of them.

The amount of effort will be hard to meet if we lack means to do it before the whole system is scrapped down, seasons are limited, the space is limited and the amount of people with the same goals is greater than logical (RNG - TM).

And while epic is quite the life saviour for a good amount of goals, some people refuse to set foot there... achievements have been made possible without the PvP requirement except one.

There are so many that could use tweaks.  Guess that's why they are overhauling it. :) 

All I have left is exquisite gemstone, and imp an item past 99QL. So you know how I feel.

On a couple alts, have "defeat a player using a bow". Will not trigger reward, even if you kill opponent in sparing.

24 minutes ago, gorgian said:

On a couple alts, have "defeat a player using a bow". Will not trigger reward, even if you kill opponent in sparing.

get naked and slap the opponent to death with the bow and extra kicks... no arrows involved in that one.

25 minutes ago, gorgian said:

exquisite gemstone

this one is a devil of its own, code says it has to be a 99QL gem (okay, ty mining to 99 + 99QL veins - which doesn't exists), if it's changed to a star gem... it's doable but kinda requires a lot of luck... almost the same amount as the shark one.

I'd personally like to see all those achievements with crazy RNG involved be removed... but this is apparently not going to happen... the least we can hope for is to see the difficulty being tweaked down to meet the achievements rarity.

Not sure if gather rune works on fishing rods and if could help for the190kg goal, but it should, why not

Honestly?  These goals are meant to be hard (not impossible, just hard, not "rework your entire character" hard either)

Unicorn spawn rates need fixing anyway, +1 to that.

Lockpicking?  +1, lets not feed PvP

Feedback (as per Kadmin't suggestion)?  +1

-1 for the rest

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tor said:

Not sure if gather rune works on fishing rods and if could help for the190kg goal, but it should, why not

doesn't work sadly. can also be another fix for the achievement tbh.

18 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

-1 for the rest

any goals where you look at your char and think, ###### it, better off reroll a new char is basicly your " "rework your entire character" hard"

when 100 000 actions is goal and 5K wine requiring 25K+ actions is diamond, something is off.

Edited by Odynn

yeah, Ive been fishing for a while now and Ive got enough fish to grind taming to 90 three times, I still dont have a fish big enough - a gold achievement so not one of the hardest ones, apparantly on par with catching 1000 random small fish. Also just found out that exquisite is a 99 ql gem and thats only a gold achievement - the same difficulty as a 90 ql gem.

These goals - IMO - are supposed to be difficult and require a lot of effort. To me, random luck =/= effort. have me mine 100 gems, or a gem of each type, instead of a single 99 ql which is ever so random and tbh, nearly impossible. The 1k fish one is a good one  - maybe change the 190 kg fish to "catch one fish of each type" or slightly lower weight (or, in general, make fishing more consistent with skill)

For the wine, I would say rice wine and honeywine should definitely work. Ingredients for that are fairly difficult to obtain but not quite as impossible as picking over 9000!! grapes.

Can definitely support some changes to that. :)

• Like 1

Lol i thought that exquisite gem is star gem (one more unclear thing about goals that needs to be fixed), not sure what's worst, in limited timeframe no way i am grinding 99 mining on priest just for that, that should be diamond goal :( Instead i will be forced to use my grape suplies on another alt(or sell it for a good cash :D) who had 10k items in trash and kill 2 uniques as gold which he already did, having wine be the last on him which is sad as i would rather have winner title on my priest that i play more rather than on some delivery boy with no skills buffed just to drive boats and wagons and unload stuff

+1 to all suggested changes, even if 5 lockpickings is easy thing to do on epic/chaos no reason for qol change like it was done with sparrs triggering defeat player. Unsure only about wine, although at least rice wine should be included as well, beer seems a bit too much, As for wine its not so difficult per se and per one character, one really trying  hard can do 6k grapes per season, i did 4k this season with hardcore picking my time allows me, the biggest difficulty is unknown time frame in which is achivable untill new system comes in, it might be next update it can be next year...

Edited by kochinac
Did some more thinking

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

As for wine its not so difficult per se and per one character

only reason i mentionned wine is the fact that around 50% of the accounts have it in their personal goals... which makes it crazy seeing you need around 10K grapes to do it. It is doable for sure... but turning whole servers into grape fields and hoping the system change won't happen before you have your goal done is the real difficulty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Lockpicking?  +1, lets not feed PvP

Implying you have to PVP to do the lockpicking goal

Implying that you have to even risk anything but 10 minutes of your time to finish it

Implying you're not just a whiny kid when it comes to anything PVP related

Currently drifting from server to server like a hobo of the sea trying to find unicorns. So far it's a grand total of none! So +1

23 hours ago, Odynn said:

Catch a 190kg fish -

lower 190kg fish (95QL) to 180kg fish (90QL) - achievement remains hard enough to require a few thousands actions due to the RNG but become more doable.

Kill 100 wild unicorns -

Make 5K wine -

allow any alcohols to complete that goal, be it beer, whiskey, blue / white / rice wine and others.

100K actions-
maybe also lowering the timer to 2 seconds on the 100K actions instead of the current 3 seconds to take in account mining actions and a few fast others.

Lockpick 5 door locks -

Sea serpents -

Fix the spawns... or like the unicorns, manually add a few from time to time.

They just made this easier to achieve by removing the truly hard/impossible tasks and yet you want it even more easier.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

I'd recommend that the "mine exquisite gem" goal be changed to "mine a 90+ QL gem". Both are gold, so no re-rolling would need to be done.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fotb said:

Currently drifting from server to server like a hobo of the sea trying to find unicorns. So far it's a grand total of none! So +1

Doing the same thing, freedom + epic servers are quite empty... but i did find 1 normal unicorn yesterday and champ uni today \o/... only few dozen more lmao

+1

Edited by Themystrix
  • Like 1