Sign in to follow this  
Hoseph

What other games do you play while grinding?

I'm personally a fan of puzzle and turn-based games where I don't have to be 100% focused all the time. Roguelikes were a major one until I got bored, but let me know of any good ones you know of.

• Like 1

I've found destroying lives in PUBG Mobile is a good way to pass time while imping, probably my favorite for novelty reasons alone. Forget how good the damn game is.

Oh and it's a mobile game so you won't need a second monitor or any fancy setup, just a <5 year old phone.

Aside from that I can highly recommend;

Kingdom Come Deliverance (Best campaign or story-driven game I've ever played)

Rust (Almost as frustrating and unforgiving as Wurm itself)

Get Over It (The ragey-est rage-game, probably ever.. Wurm players and masochists alike would love)

Though for any of those you'll require a second monitor of decent resolution and a fairly beefy graphics card to truly enjoy while multitasking.

EDIT: I think technically this should be in Wood Scraps as it's not directly Wurm related; it's in relationship to passing time outside of Wurm..?

Edited by whereami

Click level action.

Alt-Tab

Divinity Original Sin 2

repeat

(browser-based) Forge of Empires 15-35% of gaming time

(application-based) Wurm Online 20-55% of gaming time

(application-based) Warthunder 10-40% of gaming time

(application-based) Cities Skylines 5-10% of gaming time

Factorio, tales of maj'eyal, space engineers, and heroes of might and magic are my usual go-to's.

I just run the second client of Wurm with alt doing some boring jobs when one is not enough. I find it hard to imp for example on two characters at same time on one laptop monitor. So i mostly play just one character. Also youtube or a tv(now its football world cup) is a good friend when just standing in place and making bricks or grinding metalurgy, its not a game but it helps past the time

• Like 1

Imagine a game where you can build anything, and do whatever you want. You get a small group of your friends together, build a house, go out and around hunting and gathering resources. All is going well in your self sustaining utopia.

Suddenly, a scream comes over the hill, about 6 screaming naked men come and start bashing down your house. So you kill them.

10 minutes later 6 more screaming naked men come and bash your house, you try to kill them but this time they kill you, and continue to destroy everything you have.

You respawn, and defend your home, well whats left of it. But the 6 naked me already won.

Me and my crew are the 6 naked men, we play games where we can ruin yours.

Been poking around in Project Gorgon and Star Wars Galaxies Legends lately.  Both are excellent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whereami said:

I've found destroying lives in PUBG Mobile is a good way to pass time while imping, probably my favorite for novelty reasons alone. Forget how good the damn game is.

Oh and it's a mobile game so you won't need a second monitor or any fancy setup, just a <5 year old phone.

Aside from that I can highly recommend;

Kingdom Come Deliverance (Best campaign or story-driven game I've ever played)

Rust (Almost as frustrating and unforgiving as Wurm itself)

Get Over It (The ragey-est rage-game, probably ever.. Wurm players and masochists alike would love)

Though for any of those you'll require a second monitor of decent resolution and a fairly beefy graphics card to truly enjoy while multitasking.

EDIT: I think technically this should be in Wood Scraps as it's not directly Wurm related; it's in relationship to passing time outside of Wurm..?

We should play and ragequit rust together. That game is soo much fun and so much cancer at the same time. 

On 6/17/2018 at 11:16 PM, Hoseph said:

I'm personally a fan of puzzle and turn-based games where I don't have to be 100% focused all the time. Roguelikes were a major one until I got bored, but let me know of any good ones you know of.

If you like rogue-likes and want something to play while grinding, try DreamQuest IOS by Peter Whalen.  Deepest design in a rogue-like I’ve ever played. 

I've been playing FF14 a lot lately. Getting back into wurm (hopefully), so I'll probably be active on Wurm during the wait for queues in FF.