Sign in to follow this  
puncher

Back Up Alert

On 6/18/2018 at 7:41 PM, puncher said:

Jake please feel free to BYPASS any and all posts I make asking for input.  Ive read most of the junk you post.. You are the forum troll personified.

Oh is that some whining I hear?

I mean this is whats wrong with the education system today, if its not predicted by your phone you can't figure it out.

It is simple really, after a period of time one should notice the pattern and that it occurs the same time every day, although each day its a few seconds later.

Eventually you just look at the time when the lag strikes and if you are handy at math and patterns and such go oh, its that time of day for a server back up.

Backup times are not in the same time on different servers.

3 hours ago, Anarres said:

Backup times are not in the same time on different servers.

Without a doubt they are not, but everyone after playing for a few months should come to expect a daily back up on each server. 

I imagine the same can't be said about xanadu, but anyone living there should expect to be playing in a perpetual lagged environment anyways.

+1 to this. We can only ask so much from Shydow. 

Spoiler

[17:50:26] <Shydow> I can't be expected to do everything. I did say I would post a reminder in color if someone reminds me

• Like 1

+1
Can screw you over without warning (if you have kchat disabled). Something needs to be added to the Event tab, that gets a signal that the server backup is about to happen.

Edited by Benie
  • Like 1

Or better yet make backup not lock up the server/db... if we can do it in WU i'm sure WO devs can figure something out :P

On 6/26/2018 at 6:02 AM, JakeRivers said:

Oh is that some whining I hear?

I mean this is whats wrong with the education system today, if its not predicted by your phone you can't figure it out.

It is simple really, after a period of time one should notice the pattern and that it occurs the same time every day, although each day its a few seconds later.

Eventually you just look at the time when the lag strikes and if you are handy at math and patterns and such go oh, its that time of day for a server back up.

Were you saying this just for attention, or do you genuinely not understand the OP?  I mean this sincerely, as I would be willing to help you understand it better if necessary.  I don't want to assume you were just mindlessly criticizing if you really were confused.

bump. just add the line of text and the drama will stop ^^

Xanadu backs up at 12:53 UTC every day. Set an alarm. :)