Sign in to follow this  
puncher

Back Up Alert

So everyday on Xanadu we have back up at about the same time.. Everyday Shydow has to say it was back up lag when he is on.. Everyday it seems somebody asks wth was that LAG spike.

So im asking for a simple fix.  At about 5 minutes to BACK up we get a Quick ORANGE on Screen and in EVENT box a notification that BACKUP will be in 5 minutes and last approx 3 minutes.

Thats its nothing fancy but very helpful for those of us that get busy and new people that think (and yes I have had this conversation) that the server crashed or client crashed etc.

Make it happen for each server  ( no idea if they all back up at the same time or not)   this is called Q O L.  Easy add on.. Easy fix.    Please +1

• Like 14

+1. even if it puts Shydow out of a job as global information center...who am i kidding there's so many questions to ask him.  but yea its a nuicanse having to wonder why i froze up and watch the time. be easier to see the warning a minute before and know about it

• Like 1

Since it virtually happens pretty much the same time every day set a alarm?

+1 to calm and warn the players that do not know it happens every day at the same time. Kinda one of those why not things.

10 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

It actually slightly changes every day, and for some strange reason, xanadu has one big and one small backup lag (about an hour and some apart)

Then not to mention summertime/wintertime offsets, etc, and people who simply don't know whats happening. Almost daily someone will ask "is anyone else lagging?"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Jake please feel free to BYPASS any and all posts I make asking for input.  Ive read most of the junk you post.. You are the forum troll personified.

• Like 3

Honestly I don't know why this isn't a thing already. +1

Not long ago, I was on Xanadu online at the time of backup. A kind person told us a few minutes before, reminded us a minute before, and people could relax and breath during the "timeout". It was awesome, but not everyone is online or pays attention to other players and the clock every day.

Make this happen, a simple notification in Event would make wonders.

+1 

When in combat against anything that's not got 0 fighting skill, this kind of lag means your death. 

1 hour ago, Anarres said:

Not long ago, I was on Xanadu online at the time of backup. A kind person told us a few minutes before, reminded us a minute before, and people could relax and breath during the "timeout". It was awesome, but not everyone is online or pays attention to other players and the clock every day.

Make this happen, a simple notification in Event would make wonders.

Just bring @Greyfoxback and put him on staff. This would be his one job. He was religious about these warnings. Shydow has been doing these warnings for us in pretty colors when he’s online. If it means saving development hours for complicated 1h spear and shield coding, then let’s just keep it as a community task.

+1 is its simple

-1 if not, and we’ll just do it ourselves