Sign in to follow this  
Liandal30

Arrow Damage

It really stiffles the enjoyment of bow hunting when arrows need repaired after every mob.After 3 mobs there already hitting 7 to 10 damage and start breaking.I suggest that arrows take less damage if they hit there intended target.

• Like 2

someone is going to tell you to imp the arrows to higher ql to avoid dmg....

but its one of the reasons i dont bother with bows...why spend days imping arrows to have them gone before the first mob is down?

but in truth arrows would break rather quickly irl if you used them to hunt ( talking medieval ones not the super resistant modern ones) and it was one of their features...so that the wound kept bleeding if im not mistaken... making it possible to shoot and let a creature die from the wound ... and in wurm ... well, last time i checked you needed a few quivers. i know its cause pvp balance and all...but really...animals dont wear full plate armors (well scorpions do..kinda...) so maybe a few light touches to balance there wouldnt hurt? cause as far as i can tell the only reason to go archery is pvp. using a bow to hunt is just damaging arrows for less dmg than you'd do with a decent weapon... at least last time i tried so either i was doing it fully wrong, or it changed since. 

making arrows deal correct dmg to creatures could help hunting, and maybe make it so that deers and such run away from you from futher, meaning you need to sneak to get close to try to capture, or using a bowe to hunt actualy makes sense, moreso if the creature tends to run away midfight.

I only break a 70ql war arrows every 50 shots or so, but you'd need 80+ fletching to make them easily so that's quite an investment just for hunting small game. Perhaps up the damage on hunting arrows against mobs and make them more resistant to breaking? Would make sense, as they're designed to be able to be pulled from animals and reused, whereas war arrows are supposed to get caught inside the body and rip it apart if pulled out, breaking the arrow/arrowhead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

I only break a 70ql war arrows every 50 shots or so, but you'd need 80+ fletching to make them easily so that's quite an investment just for hunting small game. Perhaps up the damage on hunting arrows against mobs and make them more resistant to breaking? Would make sense, as they're designed to be able to be pulled from animals and reused, whereas war arrows are supposed to get caught inside the body and rip it apart if pulled out, breaking the arrow/arrowhead.

I really like that. Don't see why bowhunting cant be every bit as useful in pve as melee, as an alternative to getting all the equipment for melee just to start. All you need is a bow and a supply of cheap and plentiful arrows.

I would also love for the developers to change the way one aims and uses a bow. Currently it is rather clunky and tedious, because on top of equipping a bow, you must also activate the bow before you can use it. I don't recall having to do the same with a shortsword.

Also I feel there should be inherent advantages and strategies given to archers both in PvP and PvE. Things that improve archery in fun ways and create a dynamic in the fighting ways of the game.

• Like 1