Sign in to follow this  
LordLouis

Red Dragon

[20:05:06] <Kochinac> if you live here appy to the group so we can all hunt happily instead of fighting over it

Keep in mind, just because something spawns on "your server," it doesn't automatically make it you or your group's unique. Nobody is required to join anything, and you shouldn't be fighting with people because they found something before you did. Competing over something is fine, it keeps people on their toes, but getting shitty over it and crying about it demanding people join XYZ group to participate in unique slaying is stupid.

The whole you're either with us or against us attitude is very bothersome, to say the least.

Thanks LordLouis for the public hunt. It was fun. :)

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Xallo said:

[20:05:06] <Kochinac> if you live here appy to the group so we can all hunt happily instead of fighting over it

Keep in mind, just because something spawns on "your server," it doesn't automatically make it you or your group's unique. Nobody is required to join anything, and you shouldn't be fighting with people because they found something before you did. Competing over something is fine, it keeps people on their toes, but getting shitty over it and crying about it demanding people join XYZ group to participate in unique slaying is stupid.

The whole you're either with us or against us attitude is very bothersome, to say the least.

Thanks LordLouis for the public hunt. It was fun. :)

it's this kind of thing i was speaking to a bit earlier with some different wordings.  I was going to add that my intent is not to offend or cause people to then look at each other in new terms of disagreeable, quite the opposite.  Yet i also realized it's pointless to concern about that as with this issue people are either going to respect you and possibly like you, or the opposite.  Standing up for something does not get you the congeniality award and few take the time to concern about feelings.  What Xallo says here, if we look just at the words and nothing to do with player names, he's right.

• Like 1

Forcing players to join a group to participate in a community based event is bad... its like if you just walled off an entire rift and only allowed access to certain members. "we found it so its our, we stashed it on a temporary deed" how very colonial of you, my ancestors would be proud

• Like 6

Wurm has a small community as it is, I don't understand why these elite groups are trying to tear it even more apart, they are trying to create an exclusive world in a dying game why can't we just ride this ship down and all get along and make the most fun of it on the way down? It's a shame. I'm proud of anybody that stands against those practices. 

I hope that we all find a solution to include each other and work together instead of pushing each other away. I've had the luxury of meeting a lot of people in Wurm Online and one thing I learned right away is that a little kindness goes a long way.

• Like 6

I was trying to stay out of this discussion for a while because my approach is not to get involved in internet politics, but some of the things said here really pushed me over the edge.

Before I start I would like to ask some questions for you reader to answer yourself.

1) If you would spend 4 hours of your life after midnight (like from 11pm to 3am) when you have 4 hours of sleep left after, before you have to wake up for 9 hour work shift… would you want to share your benefits with someone who did nothing and in hunt sits in a local just to reap benefits?

2) For how long you think LordLouis will finance such campaigns with no returns?

3) Do you really think this fight would be public if LordLouis had the numbers to kill the dragon on his own? (you were there to do the dirty job)

Who I am? I would say I am probably the youngest member of this, how some of you call “Deli cartel” or “elitist group”. I am playing Wurm for less than a 1/2 year… Yes, I did know about the conditions for application from day one… but it has never been a secret also. And what I  did? I worked from the day one, grinding the skills required to be accepted. I have spent countless hours brutally grinding specific skills I didn’t even like (for example two handed weapons… I would rather chose longsword + shield). But in same time I understand and accepted the rules because I understood the reasons. Max DPS in slaying’s. Yes, I was working hard to be accepted (like in real life… you have to work hard to get something)

What surprises me the most here is how many people is expecting the benefits without any responsibilities. Is this how you live? Live off of benefits without doing any work? and do you than judge those who have worked hard to become what they are? No one is preventing anyone from finding and slaying the dragon. In all the hunts I have been participating I have seen only one other group that has been doing the searching…

About this group some of you say is elitist… I am far from being elite… I barely fit in the requirements. I have basic plate armour set that barely fit the requirements… I have one sword… and horse that was gifted. I am eating food that is gifted (water thankfully is free from the lake),… but I am in this group and I have participated in all the hunts since I was accepted. I skipped nights out with friends to hunt for dragons… and it is not because it is requested from me, it is because I chose to do it for the common goal. And many others did the same from this you’re called “Elitist group”. So don’t f****ng dare to say I am in some way an elite… I chose to work for what I want not request any entitlements.

Why does this group gets most of the uniques on Deli? because all of us here chose to work together to find them and hunt them. Many people from the group are jumping online and searching for the uniques when they spawn, spending silver to restrain it and organise the killing. Thats why we get most of them… because we chose to do something...

After every hunt all the loot is sold and profits are split equally between all who participated in the hunt… equally… not in some random lottery where rules change after the kill…

How many of you participated in the last kill and found out that you were not participating in the lottery because you went home and didn’t stick in the local? Who did really get all the benefits from last fight?

We even vote on time when the killing will happen for the most players to be able to participate and get the benefits. Odynn does not say when the killing will happen… he has the same vote like everyone else in the group (not much of an elite either… isn’t it?) The fact that I can freely say that (contradicting some other statements in this thread from other players) proves that if you as a person are not a prick you are equal and have your free opinions. No one is kicked out for having a constructive opinion.

Even here when someone tries to challenge what happened in the last fight they were called names and accused to be ungrateful (by the supreme leader) because they were expecting what they were promised. In my time in what some of you call this “Deli cartel” I have never heard such rude attitude towards any member…. there had been some personal misunderstandings/discussions but never ever anyone has treated any other member as a lower being.

People… Please… think for yourselves and don’t listen to everyone who jumps on the stage, drops a banana and yells “Make America great again”…  think for yourselves and don’t let false prophets fool you. In my personal opinion LordLouis is your average politician who comes up with a lot of promises before election (I would love to see how he delivers on his promises). for those who was in the first lines…. was the scale share fair for your effort when there was tons of alts in local who did nothing? would you rather chose to get fair share for your work?

Thats it.. I’m out of breath…

To everyone… here is a conditions for joining and they are not a secret… they are there for fairness so everyone who are willing to work get their fair share and avoid freeloaders. In my opinion it is a fair system…

(all of the above said by me is my own personal opinion and does not represent any group opinion)

• Like 4

@Westhamer  , I don't think you understand the complication of trying to roll out the loot fairly when there are literally over 200 people in local, with people not wanting to claim alts as their own as was asked. It's easy to say in a group of 18 people that loot can be shared equally, but it is not possible to do that any other way than rolling out loot among the fighters only when there's hundreds of people and their 20 alts attending the slaying.

The easiest and fairest way to handle the loot is to take the list off of Niarja and see who actually killed it, and roll it to those people. He was going to do this, but people started complaining in local after he created the list, so understandably, he just rolled it to the people who were left in local who were patient enough to wait for the rolls.

I didn't do anything to search this time, and I'm perfectly content not getting a single thing from it, let alone scale/potions/achievements. It's generous that he made the Red Dragon hunt public.

In making this entirely public, which is EXTREMELY RARE, he helped a lot of people finish their goals, and get some pretty nifty bloods from it.

• Like 4

@Xallo I do understand it, and that is one of the reason why after all the "lets save the world from the evil empire" talks it will boil down to common sense and active participants will understand that it is not sustainable. My prediction is that this public slaying wont happen for long because no one will be willing to finance it from their own pockets, serious fighters wont be willing to put in their time for the loot they are getting and that will be the end of this "Red cross"...  while we all want to live in this utopian society where everyone gets everything... reality is that if you do the work you want the reward...

• Like 2

Nicely written and see your point. Yes I was in a sea of rage last night, and I have apologised to Mrcoolman for overreacting. Is a sensitive issue for me on Deli due to the abuse Zoranah received that was never dealt with and just ignored. Any men in here that would accept a man saying ###### you in the mouth to the woman he cared about and just leave it? Well you aint a man if thats so.

3) Do you really think this fight would be public if LordLouis had the numbers to kill the dragon on his own? (you were there to do the dirty job)

Well I could have just invited 10 of my friends that can actually fight and split all the scales etc for much more gains, but we didn't, we made it public for noble reasons. 

The rolls were an absolute nightmare, and I had over 40 something pms going of who is an alt who isn't, why am i not not the list why is he on the list, it was taking too long and I was extremely frustrated. Next time , we will have a better strategy, such as what Xallo suggested, this was my first hosting of a public slaying and I did my best, I could have just kept the loot for myself, you know. If a tome did drop from a dragon, (very low chance btw) Id roll a charge on that too! 

A lot of my words in here were said as poking the ones that poked us, I am on no campaign to capture all the uniques , we enjoy hunting them sure, we enjoy friendly competition, uniques are meant for anyone who damn well wants to hunt for them to be able to hunt them.  I understand each server has its own hunting team, however, other players are perfectly in their rights to hunt them too, and to make them private or public and share loot how they want! There is no excuse for disgusting behaviour. 

Think of me as you will, I know many people enjoyed an old school public dragon slaying and that personally makes me very happy, I know a lot of people in this game, many that never got to go slay dragons, never even seen one, they look at Niarja and say oh look another private slaying, screw those guys.  Yes scale hand outs were crappy but who cares about that other than people only going to make profit.

If its such an issue, Devs need to make scale and drake drops go to the slayers only , not everyone that is in local,  maybe that would be a start to some making dragons more available to the playerbase. 

Edited by LordLouis
  • Like 3

Nice alternative forum account btw, lmao. Grow a pair. 

Edited by LordLouis

33 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

Nice alternative forum account btw, lmao. Grow a pair. 

hah, this and only this prove how little you know about our server... Westhamer is a real player... who attended your so called hunt while i just boycotted it and fished away.

i know, i know, you will say, look who responded, but man... the joke... just the joke. Rude to the extreme once again and without the understanding that maybe... just maybe someone genuinely like the way we do things?

And for that matter, i'm almost sure both our pairs are big enough not to have all your insecurities...

Edited by Odynn

To me, that just proves Westhammer is indeed an alt and alternative forum account of yours lil man. 

LL You are quite mistaken. Westhamer is my man and i introduced him to wurm. Odynn and West arent even located in the same country. Grow some brain.

If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic sport, you would get gold.

• Like 1

Ah i love the deli community. So friendly, so kind, so cultured. I think i'll stay longer. 

Is that an open threat?

Caling someone a little man is very cultural. I see You have the manners of a bull looking at a red flag.

Why would me living on Deliverance be a threat? I'm entitled to live where I like thank you. I'm sorry if i offended you and your man, I know exactly how that feels from the my experiences so far living here. 

You are entitled to rights and freedoms only to the limit that they do not violate others rights and freedoms. The way You state your plans, it is a threat with the sole purpose to annoy other players, and that is a violation of their rights, and threats of griefing from your side.

7 minutes ago, Karidwen said:

You are entitled to rights and freedoms only to the limit that they do not violate others rights and freedoms. The way You state your plans, it is a threat with the sole purpose to annoy other players, and that is a violation of their rights, and threats of griefing from your side.

Why are you even worried about a team of 2 people vs a whole server of hunters? 

• Like 1

Next on As The Wurm Turns:

Honestly, I have never had a problem with Odynn nor anyone else in that group. I have never considered joining the group because I'm not into hunting, killing (and being killed by) the monsters in this game. I totally understand the requirements for hunting dragons and such and I think the rewards should go to those who do the work. I was happy to see a hunt made public until I realized the reason behind it was out of spite rather than kindness. Threads like this are the reason I stay a hermit, petty bickering raises my blood pressure too much. I do thank you LordLouis for hosting the public dragon hunt, but I wish it had not led to this nastiness.

• Like 5

Like i said, if the good woman wasn't abused no nastiness would have occurred. The slaying wasn't for spite at all, we genuinely wanted it to be public fun. The issues we have with a group of hunters is nothing to do with that. 

15 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

Like i said, if the good woman wasn't abused no nastiness would have occurred. The slaying wasn't for spite at all, we genuinely wanted it to be public fun. The issues we have with a group of hunters is nothing to do with that. 

Or when the man says that the whole griefing (for those who didn't notice the deed was called "cry me a river"), the personal attacks against me (i had nothing to do with any abuses) or most of the group members, the insults when said 'abuse' occured are all part of a pay back.

Pat yourself on the back all you want for making that slaying public, with that line you have shown your true colors.

I'm just sorry for all the good people present at this slaying who were played as pawned in that petty war of yours.

You didn't have anything to do with the abuses, sure, but you still have him in your group, which to me means you support disgusting behaviour against women. 

When i was hunting with oblivion, we made many of the hunts public also, or didn't you notice?

You live in that little world of yours brainwashing the small minded folks that look up to you so you can stash all your tomes up in that magic chest of yours. 

Your lil crew doesn't even make humanoid killings public, like most groups do. What do you get from that? There is nothing extra to be gained making it private. 

12 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

Your lil crew doesn't even make humanoid killings public, like most groups do.

While 'I' personally support making them public, the rest of the group have voted against it mostly due to lag reasons and people doing stupid things. We do tend to open those fights to the rest of our alliances and friends, which is a decent middle ground between impossible lag and respect of the others.

Also the lil crew involve 50 real players... at this point and seeing the wurm population, not exactly something I'd call little.

And, I, sir, am a feminist... or even i should said humanist... everyone is born equal no matter their gender, nationality, skin color or IQ levels. If they are issues between the two of them, they can sort it like adults without the need of any of us playing the white knight and going on a holy crusade against absolutely everyone.

As for Kochinac, i do not speak serbian, so I can't know what have been said exactly... if anyone have any knowledge, the whole log files is above... feel free to translate... The only thing I've seen is you insulting, griefing and threatening the rest of our group.

Can some forum mod lock this thread its, all i see is pie cast contests here. 

I say this the last time, HEY its a game. grow up ppl.

• Like 1