Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Achievements difficulty.

12 hours ago, Roccandil said:

I don't have an Ambitious achievement. What am I missing?

Part of the "heck if i know", some old pals who left the games leaved me their accounts and have the same achievements to get. 95 mining on freedom, 56K improve actions, logically way above the amount... but well... who knows exactly how much have been properly recorded so far.

This would never be a personal goal for a shiney Fairy...I guess I will never win Wurm.

b745a571912c51d6fef33df129f25dc2.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

This would never be a personal goal for a shiney Fairy...I guess I will never win Wurm.

b745a571912c51d6fef33df129f25dc2.png

Quite possibly the hardest achievement, or at least ranks up there with the sea serpent as you have to rely on rare spawns.

I kill every single unicorn I see, and my counter after 3+ years is 79

Edited by JakeRivers

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Quite possibly the hardest achievement, or at least ranks up there with the sea serpent as you have to rely on rare spawns.

I kill every single unicorn I see, and my counter after 3+ years is 79

I kill no unicorns. I breed them and care for them. Whomever thought this was in any way achievable (not only given the spawns of unis being so low and iffy and actually non existent), does not know that unicorns are my favourite animal in the game. 

Also being only silver achievement the person did not know that unicorns are actually just as abundant in Wurm as in real life...

Edited by Fairyshine

They could really do with a forced spawn of some unis to make it at least possible. I have the 10k trash achievement to do but until I can finish the uni one i'm not even bothering.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

I kill no unicorns. I breed them and care for them. Whomever thought this was in any way achievable (not only given the spawns of unis being so low and iffy and actually non existent), does not know that unicorns are my favourite animal in the game. 

Also being only silver achievement the person did not know that unicorns are actually just as abundant in Wurm as in real life...

well bred ones do not count, have to be wild, if you know of a unicorn spawner, let me know, ill will care and hug every one of them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

well bred ones do not count, have to be wild, if you know of a unicorn spawner, let me know, ill will care and hug every one of them

Q10 release, base of the mountain is a pink unicorn spawner, was like 40 of them last time i was there.

• Like 1

When the new system comes in, I really hope that established accounts will get some credit for the personal goals we have already completed.

100 unicorns may now be too rare for all of us to find, and 99ql items impossible for most, but I like to think we would still be rewarded in some way for the sheer volume of fences and walls we've already had to repair, unique monsters we've had to kill, and the 10,000 items we're currently sacrificing to the trash. :)

I think it would be tragic for someone to complete all but a few of their goals, and still yet see their previous efforts come to naught.

"Accreditation for prior goals" please!

• Like 3

Each of the current personal goals is an achievement, and we got karma for them. For diamond achievements, it's 1000 karma.

I understand what you're saying and yes we have had karma - very useful, but that's probably not the main reason why people are struggling to compete their personal goals today. ;)

You can also get karma from epic missions, and you have to do far less to achieve the same amount of karma, so I don't think people would go out and chop 5000 trees, when up until recently they could have just chopped 1, for the same 1000 karma.

It's a bit like telling your kid that breakfast cereal is the main reward - it doesn't matter that there was no plastic toy.

Thanks though Anarres it is good to see the positives. :) 

Edited by Muse

4 hours ago, Anarres said:

Each of the current personal goals is an achievement, and we got karma for them. For diamond achievements, it's 1000 karma.

You have 384088 karma, how would you like to spend it?

For the effort, 1k karma is not really much of a bonus for the time involved, you can rack that up just by doing part of a mission, as well the 100 karma for the lesser goals is a slap in the face too, lol. This should be increased, especially for newer players, 1k for a town portal or 3k for summoning corpse could mean a lot for a new player starting out.

The systems will be completely separate, progress in the old system won't count for any new system because they're not the same. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The systems will be completely separate, progress in the old system won't count for any new system because they're not the same. 

Thanks for letting us know!

On 7/5/2018 at 6:28 AM, Retrograde said:

Any rough teasers on roughly when new system will take place and general idea what it would be? I'm very curious? Also i was thinking of opening thread where people would post what they think was wrong with old system in hope that it could be one place for merged information that could give additional insight what should be avoided in new system, is it to late for such thread and would it even have point if systems are very different?