Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Achievements difficulty.

I would rather have valrei creatures spawning on some secluded parts of servers on freedom :D But seriously since reroll is not option it would be nice to invest in fixing those things asap. Like spawns of different kind of animals, sea serpents, increasing chance to catch large fish with better rod, skill significatly.Those things needs to be fixed per se regardless of goals anyway. allow priests to repair houses and fences maybe too? Not sure what to do with priests tbh.

No reroll, no fix, wait for the new system soon(TM) would almost sounds like "roll as many alts as you can and farm the actual system with 2s toon and easy to do achievements while not caring about your mains"...

Dunno for you, but that sounds ... off to say the least.

Should we wait for something that *might* be better or just farm the heck out of the current one if nothing is done. Also, telling us to do our personal goals quickly while we still can to get the achievement and title... and not fixing them is even more off... dare i even say lame?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Odynn said:

I mean, even the firsts epic players to succeed (just look who they are on niarja) went back to freedom to do them.

I'm not sure your point here is relevant, looking at 'who they are' they won the tomes on the server they are actively playing on not "went back to" so that they could regain what they had lost after having to accept that the other cluster is dead and will remain that way

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 2

my point is that the top epic players went to freedom and unlocked their last achievements there... proving the whole point of epic being dead, no reason to do it over there.

it doesn't change the fact that people who were locked in epic or pvp only achievements are now locked in stupid requirement ones and its becoming more and more apparent no one cares about it in the team.

Spawns should be fixed and creatures biomes..... funny to find octopus from middle of a forest.

Slay 100 wild unicorns <-------- Why in earth is that a common mission?(i think it was) with this rate that you can actually see a -wild- unicorn, you might be ascending to god state faster than finding those 100. Also, when a lot of people has the same mission... geez, goodluck finding any, the new system might be here faster (and we know how long that will be)than people actually completing that mission:)

Edited by Themystrix

2 hours ago, Kadmint said:

"repair 6250 fences/walls"

AKA : "Best stop paying your premium on your priest, so you can complete that goal"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Etherdrifter said:

AKA : "Best stop paying your premium on your priest, so you can complete that goal"

Tried, nahjo does not approve.... havent had balls to go unfaithfull and test how much faith drops. Epic is a solution for the mission, but who really wants to go there :)

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Yeah, these issues (as well as a few others) are pretty much the reason our plan is to scrap this system entirely and replace it one build from the ground up. 

The current personal goals system won't be receiving any changes until the entire rework due to the issues it has, but the new system will take some of these things into account. 

So what will happen to all the goals, titles and things related to tomes people have received from the system in place now, and if all is going to be changed is all our hard work and efforts for not?

And what happens to the poor player who works hard and gets all but one or two done?

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Odynn said:

template = createAchievement(106, "Invisible:ActionsPerformed", true, 1, (byte)3, "", generatedTemplates);
template.setAchievementsTriggered(new int[] { 107 });
template = createAchievement(107, "Ambitious", false, 100000, (byte)4, "You're not fooling around. You're doing things!", generatedTemplates, true, false, "Perform 100000 actions");

I mean, 100 000 actions, would it hurt to actually know the amount we made.

Hah I got those achievements a few times, cool to know what they are for now.

7 hours ago, Kadmint said:

Yeah, my "repair 6250 fences/walls", "plant 5000 trees" and "make 5000 liters of wine" doesn't encourage me too much. :( 

Planting 5000 trees is easy for a Fo priest (or any other priest with Wild Growth).

I bet you could hire a priest to get you 5000 sprouts. Wire a keybind or two, plunk those sprouts in satchels and go to town. :) Could even cut down the sprouts you plant (instant wood scrap) to fuel repairing woven fences.

Have you guys tried fishing a 190kg fish? It's pretty much impossible, even with high fishing and 95QL willow rods.

1000 Marlins, and another 4000 to go?

Fish QL doesn't seem to be taking into consideration your skill, ffiw:

28 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Have you guys tried fishing a 190kg fish? It's pretty much impossible, even with high fishing and 95QL willow rods.

I assume this was a rhetorical question but I've completed this goal on two accounts both averaged about 500 white sharks ?

• Like 1

Yes, the 190 kg fish is ridiculously hard.  I have a full FSB of 80 and 90 ql catfish, 95 ql roaches/perch, but when I catch a marlin or a white shark, 2/3 are under 20 QL, and the other third are under 50 QL.

Can we maybe call it done if I have 50k filets?  Getting borderline crazy at this point.

unknown.png

i am way way over 2000 sharks by now and still have no luck at all with it... white sharks are 'slightly' easier (88 difficulty) than marlins (90) the trouble is all the randomness involved. You can be lucky and only have to fish out 500 or be unlucky and have to fish out 10K

Something that have been messed up since the beginning of wurm and the use of RNGenerated actions.

For the 100K action goal, at 3 seconds per action, you have 300K action-seconds required, which is (if I calculated right) 83 action-hours. That doesn't count the logistics of arranging that many 3-second actions, and it assumes perfectly efficient action timers (not likely).

Practically, we may be looking at a requirement of 100+ hours of play time. That seems more like a diamond goal.

Incidentally, my main has 600K+ actions according to F4, and I haven't gotten Ambitious. (I assume the Epic timers are messing with it.)

32 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Incidentally, my main has 600K+ actions according to F4, and I haven't gotten Ambitious. (I assume the Epic timers are messing with it.)

As said in many places, the actions in stats are highly irrelevant.  They rely on an editable file on your computer which even counts simply examining an item

• Like 1

Well, I haven't edited it. :P I'd be surprised if I hadn't done far more than 100K actual creation/imping actions, but Epic actions are so fast (1.5 seconds being normal), I'm guessing most haven't counted toward the goal.

18 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Well, I haven't edited it. :P I'd be surprised if I hadn't done far more than 100K actual creation/imping actions, but Epic actions are so fast (1.5 seconds being normal), I'm guessing most haven't counted toward the goal.

Creation doesn't count

On 6/23/2018 at 6:59 PM, MrGARY said:

Creation doesn't count

I have 100K+ Improve achievements (as well 5K+ Oops), but still no Ambitious. That achievement, at the very least, could use clarification.

On 6/26/2018 at 7:07 AM, Roccandil said:

That achievement, at the very least, could use clarification.

Actions are any actions that takes more than 3 seconds. So basicly, if you are on epic, shoot yourself in the foot and pray that it slow you down enough...

Is it stupid, yes, yes it is... miners are screwed by that still on freedom as well... with around 2.5seconds on average action...

34 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Actions are any actions that takes more than 3 seconds. So basicly, if you are on epic, shoot yourself in the foot and pray that it slow you down enough...

Is it stupid, yes, yes it is... miners are screwed by that still on freedom as well... with around 2.5seconds on average action...

See, if you do 1000 actions at 1 second each it equates to 333 at 3 seconds each...perhaps they should look at total time spent on tasks rather than amount of tasks performed...

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, Themystrix said:

Tried, nahjo does not approve.... havent had balls to go unfaithfull and test how much faith drops. Epic is a solution for the mission, but who really wants to go there :)

So what you are saying is, there is a solution in game already, but it is inconvenient to you personally?

41 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Mine vein, low stam on epic it will work.

2 hours ago, Odynn said:

I have 100K+ imping actions. As far as I can tell (unless I'm missing something), the fastest I can do an imping action on Epic is 3.8 seconds (good craft skill and tool skill, full stam, supreme high QL tool with high WoA), so presumably all those 100K imps should count as 3+ second actions.

I don't have an Ambitious achievement. What am I missing?