Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Derby of 1075

Get your racing silks on, we'll be holding a Cross Country Derby this weekend to finish our annual Wurm Anniversary celebration. 

To gain entry, we'll be holding public quizzes, with the prize to each being a ticket into this elite race

To participate in the selection quiz, please be on Freedom Isles so we may use the Global Freedom chat channel.

The winning participants will be ported to a secret location and provided a race horse with full gear.  When the race starts the riders will proceed to follow the green lights along the race path.  The terrain is varied and riders will not be required to follow an exact path to allow for individual strategy and advancement on the course.

In addition to each entrant receiving 10 sleep powders, we'll also be giving away prizes to the top three finishers:

1st place will receive a Supreme Large Magical Chest

2nd place will receive a Supreme Small Magical Chest

3rd place will receive a Supreme Statue of a Kyklops

The quizzes will begin approximately 7pm GMT-5 on Saturday, the 16th , so be ready! 

auction_timer_E1529193409.gif

notes:

Participants should be prepared to travel light as possible when we collect you for teleportation.

You will be heading off server, so make sure you have taken care of everything you need prior to this event.

Food, water, and ropes, if needed, shall be provided at the starting point.

RESULTS

First Place - Moirai

Second Place - Briwerion

Third Place - Zaj

• Like 11

Can a GM Stream it on twitch,  would be fun to watch!

• Like 3

Nice idea. Please add a countdown timer for timezone confused people !

Bummer, won’t be around at that time. Wish there were multiple events so all time zones could participate. Good luck to all!

• Like 2

Unfortunately this is like ... 2 am ... in Central Europe :(

• Like 3

Time zone is awful for me also, but good luck to anyone who is around at the time! :)

Will quizzes begin at that time, or quizzes will happen throughout now and then?

5 hours ago, Ascorbic said:

Can a GM Stream it on twitch,  would be fun to watch!

And ensure the video is posted, so those of us who will be asleep can catch-up later

Nice event~ 

Try not to kill us with original-gamer trivia! Not all of us were here in 2004 and the Wiki isn't exactly filled out that far back ;)

Also - thank you for my supreme diamond spoon! 

• Like 1

Also speed quiz games put us non English natives to a disadvantage but competition up! :D

Interesting. It seems the event happens at 7pm my time. Hopefully I'll win a ticket, I'd love to get my hands on an additional 10 sleep powder.

Edited by Benie
Readjusting my 'hopes and dreams' after closer reading the OP...

Well, we had some early hiccups... like me not realizing what day it was...and chat not cooperating, but all in all that was fun!

The race was off to a rough start when all the contestants decided to face the wrong way... don't know why

TeJdWSV.png

• Like 7