Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

Not sure what to think as a customer.

I'm sorry but if the money is missing and you have not properly secured it, its your fault and nobody elses. There are -countless- of means to secure your money (bank, chests with locks, deed permissions, inventory) in place for you to keep it safe. If it gets stolen, then it was stolen within the game rules and the GMs are not required nor expected to track it down for you.

If I have a deed, and let it disband and someone comes loot it, I cant call a GM to give me my stuff back to me. Ownership of an item belongs to whomever has permissions to access it, barring some extreme cases (such as scams, account thefts etc).

Like said above, GMs arent there to fix and sort careless mistakes. If they did that, they wouldnt do anything else. Secure the stuff you want to keep.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, gorgian said:

I've checked. thank you.

I have been given a anniversary gift in my mail.

I feel satisfied as a customer.   <customer care >

I thought this was resolved. Where's the beef?

=Ayes=

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Where's the beef?

Angelklaine's profile picture.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I'm sorry but if the money is missing and you have not properly secured it, its your fault and nobody elses. There are -countless- of means to secure your money (bank, chests with locks, deed permissions, inventory) in place for you to keep it safe. If it gets stolen, then it was stolen within the game rules and the GMs are not required nor expected to track it down for you.

If I have a deed, and let it disband and someone comes loot it, I cant call a GM to give me my stuff back to me. Ownership of an item belongs to whomever has permissions to access it, barring some extreme cases (such as scams, account thefts etc). 

Like said above, GMs arent there to fix and sort careless mistakes. If they did that, they wouldnt do anything else. Secure the stuff you want to keep. 

Do you even read? The money was on deed, in a locked house.. permissions given to persons, who are my own alts, or who don't play any more and have been offline for months, some even for year+… One of the persons on permission list was online to chat in the beginning of april, while I WAS online on my deed, he wasn't even close to my deed then.. and that person I trust more than any GM for example.

Don't try to bend the facts to fit your own narrative. Currently there are 3 options: I have taken it myself (which according to my own clients logs hasn't happened).. There has been a bug, which has allowed someone to enter my building(which I don't believe, because more valuable stuff is still there). There is a bug, which has for some reason erased the cash.

And we are here, playing the typical Wurm style blame game.

22 minutes ago, rixk said:

Do you even read? The money was on deed, in a locked house.. permissions given to persons, who are my own alts, or who don't play any more and have been offline for months, some even for year+… One of the persons on permission list was online to chat in the beginning of april, while I WAS online on my deed, he wasn't even close to my deed then.. and that person I trust more than any GM for example.

Don't try to bend the facts to fit your own narrative. Currently there are 3 options: I have taken it myself (which according to my own clients logs hasn't happened).. There has been a bug, which has allowed someone to enter my building(which I don't believe, because more valuable stuff is still there). There is a bug, which has for some reason erased the cash.

And we are here, playing the typical Wurm style blame game.

Yes, I did read. And no, you don't have to get all agressive. 

If you think there's a bug, go post in the bugs section. That's where it goes. But if you are posting here, its because you are asking for a discussion, and that's what you're going to get. So can the attitude, friend, there's not need to get all uppity.

Chances are your friend took it. Or your permissions are borked. Containers inside containers dont always work the way we think they should, and so do containers inside houses. There's a lot of combinations of permissions which can allow someone else to take stuff from buildings. In the end, if you had money in a chest, that's a poor place to keep it. But barring a hack, an exploit or an account theft, you are left to your own devices. GMs arent going to sit down and go through months of logs so they can find out who took your stuff, just because you gave access to others or mismanaged permissions, and hoping they design a new system so you can get your stuff back its hoping for a miracle. So you can sit there and fume all you want, but 9/10 times, the issue is wrong permissions set.

19 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Yes, I did read. And no, you don't have to get all agressive. 

If you think there's a bug, go post in the bugs section. That's where it goes. But if you are posting here, its because you are asking for a discussion, and that's what you're going to get. So can the attitude, friend, there's not need to get all uppity.

Chances are your friend took it. Or your permissions are borked. Containers inside containers dont always work the way we think they should, and so do containers inside houses. There's a lot of combinations of permissions which can allow someone else to take stuff from buildings. In the end, if you had money in a chest, that's a poor place to keep it. But barring a hack, an exploit or an account theft, you are left to your own devices. GMs arent going to sit down and go through months of logs so they can find out who took your stuff, just because you gave access to others or mismanaged permissions, and hoping they design a new system so you can get your stuff back its hoping for a miracle. So you can sit there and fume all you want, but 9/10 times, the issue is wrong permissions set. 

And once again.. it has been impossible for him to take it.. No matter how much you hope, that is the case.

We have banks in this game for a reason. Unless you are trading with someone or buying from a merchant/trader, there is no good reason to keep coins outside a bank. If you don't trust the banking system you should keep the coins in your inventory (it's not like they weigh a lot). Keeping coins in a chest (locked or not), in a building (locked or not) and having anyone but yourself having access is just asking for trouble. And, after all this time, it would be near impossible to determine what happened to them. Personally, if I can't hold valuables, I have four alts who can.

• Like 1

@Markcrow- funny, you just dismissed all locking mechanisms in the game. By that logic - there is no reason to even have deeds, you can just carry on yourself or on alts all the tools you need. Heck, why even bother with permissions...

The original issue of this thread has been addressed, all of this continuation about the speculation of a theft from the deed, locking mechanics, etc. is off topic to the original post of the thread. Not sure what the point of this thread is now. )_)

• Like 2

All I'm saying is there is no reason to give anyone access to your money. I love my rl friends. I still dont leave my wallet in my house with all my money laying around on it.

If I give my bud access to my account, and something dissapears from it, I just suck it up and change the password. I dont contact Code Club and expect them to give me back my stuff. Same goes for property and access.

• Like 2

Listen, what I learned from Eve online is.

If you can't punch them in the face, don't trust 'em.

Words of wisdom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miner said:

Listen, what I learned from Eve online is.

If you can't punch them in the face, don't trust 'em.

Words of wisdom.

Honest to god, this.

If you cannot physically go to their home and threaten them just do not trust them.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 11:25 PM, Wargasm said:

Sounds like you should have prem'd up about a week ago, sorry.  Not the GM's fault you waited until the last day.

What's wrong with the last day. Was it written somewhere that you can't do it in the last day, if not please stfu ;)

5 minutes ago, Clywde said:

What's wrong with the last day. Was it written somewhere that you can't do it in the last day, if not please stfu ;)

The fact that you should always keep extra time in-case something goes wrong, let's say your bank had a break down or something else.

Would you take your car to the mechanic for something big, an hour before you have to catch a ferry for your yearly vacation? I think not.

So how about you shut up and quit whining and go play minecraft.

2 minutes ago, Miner said:

Would you take your car to the mechanic for something big, an hour before you have to catch a ferry for your yearly vacation? I think not.

You're right. Fixing a car takes a lot more time THAN MAKING AN ONLINE PAYMENT, which usually happens in few seconds, so you have no point there bud :)

Just now, Clywde said:

You're right. Fixing a car takes a lot more time THAN MAKING AN ONLINE PAYMENT, which usually happens in few seconds, so you have no point there bud :)

The fact is, things could go wrong on your end. We live in a digital world, and often banks have extra security setup or other things.

Just like when you go to the store and try to pay with a card, that gets denied by the machine.

You blame the store, but call the bank and find out their systems are down.

Welcome to the 21st century, don't expect everything that's digital to be smooth.

3 minutes ago, Miner said:

The fact is, things could go wrong on your end. We live in a digital world, and often banks have extra security setup or other things.

Just like when you go to the store and try to pay with a card, that gets denied by the machine.

You blame the store, but call the bank and find out their systems are down.

Welcome to the 21st century, don't expect everything that's digital to be smooth.

This is why many games has a "grace period". They don't expire the subscription right away :) 

Just now, Clywde said:

This is why many games has a "grace period". They don't expire the subscription right away :) 

Mention some please.

4 minutes ago, Miner said:

Mention some please.

screeps.com and quite many more which uses Xsolla

Edited by Clywde

Just now, Clywde said:

screeps.com

That's one, come on. Go ahead and list more, you did mention there was many.

That's one, come on. Go ahead and list more, you did mention there was many.

I know that many uses Xsollas new subscription management which has the grace period. That's why I said many :)

I have yet to come across any game that doesnt suspend your subscription the last day you paid prem for.

• Like 1

Just now, Clywde said:

I know that many uses Xsollas new subscription management which has the grace period. That's why I said many :)

Keyword is 'new' payment system, a system that not many has adapted then. That's like expecting a small country store to have wireless payment at their credit card terminal.

Wurm isn't WoW, don't expect it to have the latest and fanciest. What we have is a great community, unlike other games.

• Like 1

What we have is a great community, unlike other games.

You wouldn't know it from reading these forums.

• Like 1