Sign in to follow this  
MrJonnyboy

Pristine Community Map

I see the map maintainer for this thread hasn't logged in since Dec 26th.  Is this person on a holiday by chance?  :)

On 1/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, Nomadikhan said:

I see the map maintainer for this thread hasn't logged in since Dec 26th.  Is this person on a holiday by chance?  :)

I PM'd JohnnyBoy and have gotten no reply  I hope he is ok and returns soon.

• Like 2

Map Maintainer last visited Forums on March 23, but their last post in this thread was in June 2020,  and map updates seem to stop around then.  Nearly 1 year ago.  May be time for a new map maintainer?

• Like 3

I was thinking the same thing, however I am not sure who we would contact to take over.

I would be happy to help. I can offer to provide webspace and our map engine for the Pristine community map; in the same way as for Deliverance, Celebration, Exodus, Xanadu, Harmony, Melody and Cadence. I can also help with transferring data from your current map to our map engine, so you'll have a shiny new map in no time.

However, you would still need an operative map manager who will regularly add/remove information in order to keep the community map up to date. The process itself is as simple as adding/removing lines from a spreadsheet - just that I cannot do it myself, due to a multitude of other tasks that keep me busy.

As soon as a new map manager is found, please give me a shout and I'll be ready.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Yaga said:

As soon as a new map manager is found, please give me a shout and I'll be ready.

I can do it unless anyone else has already been found ....

I'd be happy to help as well - adding deed names and X/Y coordinates to a spreadsheet sounds like a relatively modest ask.

I would like to suggest that we have a few folks who can add to the map system. I think the chances on it being updated more often is better with more then one person being the editor.

And @Sidereal :P that is our alliance private map link that a couple folks in alliance add our alliance deeds, deeds of interest  and stuff of interest to, :P tho it will become the official one.

2 hours ago, Ohana said:

And @Sidereal :P that is our alliance private map link that a couple folks in alliance add our alliance deeds, deeds of interest  and stuff of interest to, :P tho it will become the official one.

Eep!  And here I've been using it all this time without even realizing that!  I'm going to assume that we're unofficial alliance mates because otherwise I'm not sure I want to know what made Meerhaven a 'deed of interest'.     😅

On 5/22/2021 at 9:41 PM, Ohana said:

I would like to suggest that we have a few folks who can add to the map system. I think the chances on it being updated more often is better with more then one person being the editor.

@OhanaWill you be *replacing* the current map with basically the same thing? Also, if you do take it over, please make sure that the left hand side bar (if there is going to be one) can scroll. On all of the current SFI maps using that set up you can't scroll on that. Those of us with smaller monitors can't see all of the icons and what they mean.

thanks

On 5/26/2021 at 9:45 PM, Tahlula said:

Those of us with smaller monitors can't see all of the icons and what they mean.

Thank you for pointing this out. We will try to find a solution. Which screen resolution are you using? 

We just released a new software version for our map engine. This one now has a new UI and should work much better on small screens. Check here:

https://deliverance.yaga.host/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yaga said:

Thank you for pointing this out. We will try to find a solution. Which screen resolution are you using? 

1600x900... laptop

but looking at it now, the entire sidebar is gone

Edited by Tahlula
added text

Both Sidereal and Vannin are old players, so if a solution can be found for both to have access and be able to edit the map, it would be great. One can never know when life has plans for someone, other than to allow them to play Wurm like every sane (*coughs*) person alive should do!

4 hours ago, Evening said:

so if a solution can be found for both to have access and be able to edit the map, it would be great.

There is no problem with allowing two persons as map editors. However, for reasons of accountability and coordination there must be one dedicated map manager per server, so our team has one single contact being responsible for the community map.

Just give me a shout when you are ready to go and I'll help with getting the new map up and running.

8 hours ago, Yaga said:

Just give me a shout when you are ready to go and I'll help with getting the new map up and running.

Please do it as soon as possible. I'm impatient and really want to do 3 missions that requires knowing where some special places are :)

• Like 1

I see some of the special places I have built are not on the current map. once the new one is up I will ask to get them added.

At least 3 of the special places I built aren't on there. Like Smacked once the map is replaced I will note them on here.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, Ohana said:

Is the special place you are looking for not on the map currently?

http://pristine.yaga.host

When I posted that the map wasn't as finished as it is now. I can get back to everything, and the updated look is nice