Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Use Bees Wax for Taxidermy

Taxidermy has been suggested many times and another good use for wax would be this.  Wax needs more uses.

and non-decaying food items using wax to turn food into 'display food'.

• Like 2

And wax candles.. even if nothing important, it gives it a little bit more use

• Like 2

I cried taxidermy as soon as I began hunting and kept bringing home new creatures to decor my madhouse after I took my break and even tried some WU servers I noticed most of those private servers already had so many of the requested features. So +1 to taxidermy, as for food on table It would be counter-intuitive to the larder,  but a lot of stuff does not make sense in wurm so +1 to that too! Everyone gets a +1!

• Like 2

+1 to waxed food no longer being edible and becoming decorations

and +1 to taxidermy!

• Like 1

Implemented on Sklotopolis WU. Activate bees wax, rclick corpse and preserves corpse from decay. Very simple procedure, too much so for WO of course :). Not technically "Taxidermy" is suppose, more like decay prevention of corpse. Have to head to some other WU servers to enable standing/animated versions of certain mobs, which then involves a bit more than just *bees wax*. Never one to mind my own though, if you get what I mean...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

If they do allow taxidermy in the future it should be limited to Champion creatures.  This way it makes it more worth trying to collect and a trade item instead of everyone having trophy creatures all over the place.  Exception would be trophy fish (maybe a rare roll gets you trophy fish to use for creation).  Same with other creatures so taxidermy is not limited to aggressive mobs.

- Large amount of Bees Wax for preserving the creature

- Champion creature (decay shouldn't matter too much, but can't be like 80% decayed though)

- Wooden trophy stand (depending on the creature) (Need Fine Carp)

- Stone trophy stand (depending on the creature) (Need Stone Crafting)

Edited by nicedreams

10 hours ago, nicedreams said:

If they do allow taxidermy in the future it should be limited to Champion creatures.  This way it makes it more worth trying to collect and a trade item instead of everyone having trophy creatures all over the place.  Exception would be trophy fish (maybe a rare roll gets you trophy fish to use for creation).  Same with other creatures so taxidermy is not limited to aggressive mobs.

- Large amount of Bees Wax for preserving the creature

- Champion creature (decay shouldn't matter too much, but can't be like 80% decayed though)

- Wooden trophy stand (depending on the creature) (Need Fine Carp)

- Stone trophy stand (depending on the creature) (Need Stone Crafting)

I’d prefer to have all animals possible, and additional models to reflect the size or condition colors for creatures to be used. . Rather than limiting what would be an awesome feature. 

12 hours ago, Xor said:

I’d prefer to have all animals possible, and additional models to reflect the size or condition colors for creatures to be used. . Rather than limiting what would be an awesome feature. 

+1

On 6/13/2018 at 1:10 AM, Alyeska said:

And wax candles.. even if nothing important, it gives it a little bit more use

Already in.

4 hours ago, Tich said:

Already in.

Tich need more use's for honey, such as maybe as a substitute for maple sap, otherwise there is really no point in bee keeping.