Sign in to follow this  
Niki

OMG TES6, Starfield, Fallout 76, Moblie TES!

Redguard at Hammerfell???

High Rock?????

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

FALLOUT 76 YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

for those that didnt watch, its got multiplayer and at that point i fainted

• Like 1

Can't wait personally... For pretty much every of these games.

Especially TES mobile looks very promising considering what they did with Fallout Shelter, we will see how the other games turn out. :)

We most likely wont see TES6 until at least 2020, but i'm fine waiting for it. I nearly died when they did their Skyrim Very Special Edition early in the conference.

Fallout 76 sounds appalling .. unavoidable pvp, resources only available after use of nuclear weapons .. its just gonna be a race to be first to access the nukes.

these idiots are gonna go broke making a game no one asked for and no one wants.

Played the earlier games a lot but this one .. dont think so.

1 hour ago, Scottfree2 said:

Fallout 76 sounds appalling .. unavoidable pvp, resources only available after use of nuclear weapons .. its just gonna be a race to be first to access the nukes.

these idiots are gonna go broke making a game no one asked for and no one wants.

Played the earlier games a lot but this one .. dont think so.

From what I understand getting the nuclear weapons is both difficult and partially randomized, so while there may be a race it will take a while.

They won't go broke, it is just one of the last games built on the old engine, and will likely have almost all its assets ported in from Fallout 4, and you are right no one asked for this.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:59 PM, Xallo said:

Redguard at Hammerfell???  High Rock?????  

Could be bretons or redguards. though TES II Daggerfall did already cover those. (III was Morrowind  and the Dunmer,  IV was Cyrodil and the Imperials. V of course was Skyrim and the Nords.)

Certainly from the video not Elsweyr, Summerset, Valenwood or Black Marsh. Unless that is how remoter sections of Summerset looks in the online expansion. Before the conference, a lot of people were guessing Elsweyr-Valenwood-Black Marsh (ie, kajit, wood elf and argonian homelands, which are often treated as a merged  region), as it is very exotic and never been covered, but that is more heavy jungle/swamp/bogs,  and this trailer looks more like .. Bretons.  Which though have been done in TES2. "In Daggerfall, the player may travel within the High Rock and Hammerfell provinces of Tamriel."     I am not convinced Bethesda will want to revisit areas that "it has already done".

I suppose it COULD be an intentional misdirect (bethesda LOVES misdirects)  to make people think "daggerfall lands" (high rock/hammerfell) and instead, it is this part of Summerset:

33NvECz.jpg

That's been done also,  but in ESO by the Zenimax dev studio,  and that is a completely different dev team/studio  than TES. (same publisher and a sister divison, but not Todd Howard's team of Bethesda Game Studios, which is a =very= important distinction).  Also summerset is EXTREMELY rich in tamriel lore, so there could be reasons to go there even if ESO got there  first. Also and quite important, was that Skyrim teased at Summerset (Altmer) connections.

Still .. I think for TES 6 they will want something really  different than what hs been done. 

There used to be an old 4chan 'leak' (probably faked) that it would be set on Akavir (same world but separate continent and home of the Snow Demons of Kamal, the serpent-men of Tsaesci, the Monkey People of Tang Mo, and the Tiger Dragons of Ka'Po'Tun. "Some sources talk of other races, which have not been seen since and may be extinct". Land of dragons, which has "been done already", but also lots of brand new lore if they go there, but I am pretty sure the 4chan "leak" was simly a  creative fanfic.  

Starfield has me .. very intrigued. Depending how it is done, could be very exciting. Sandbox+Minecraft, colonies in space but by the people who did Skyrim. 

I am not interested by Fallout 76.  Too many clumsy "Online Only" drm type mechanics (which killed sim city series) . Plus  it was TES's turn at bat, they have been doing fallout stuff to death and TES is their goddamn roots.    It's been seven years since a TES game, it will be TEN years probably by the time TES6 comes out, and by all that is fair under heavens it should have been ahead of Fallout 76.  I am personally pissed they are doing yet-another-Fallout game, when it is time to go back to elder scrolls.  For a while, they were alternating, which was fine fair I guess. 

I would like to see a TES game where playermade boats,  seaports and maritime trade  play a major role in gameplay.   Both Summerset and Akavir have great potential for that, and "misdirect" regions of both could well match the geography in the video.

Daggerfall v2.0 .. well, it's been done, and it's not yet time for a Daggerfall reboot. Maybe in 2031.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I dont think its summerset .. in eso summerset is,  i guess u would say sub tropical .. flowering trees, lot of vegetation etc,  there are some tall and unclimbable mountains.

So for it to be summerset, tes6 would have to be very different to eso .. bethesda is making some crazy decisions lately (cough fallout 76) but i think its more likely northern latitudes .. eso has some large areas unused up north.

my 02c

Edited by Scottfree2

17 hours ago, Scottfree2 said:

I don't think its fair to make assumptions that no one wanted it. Several of my friends and I have been wanting either a multiplayer fallout or elder scrolls game (NOT ESO). 

8 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Plus it was TES's turn at bat, they have been doing fallout stuff to death and TES is their goddamn roots.    It's been seven years since a TES game, it will be TEN years probably by the time TES6 comes out, and by all that is fair under heavens it should have been ahead of Fallout 76.  I am personally pissed they are doing yet-another-Fallout game, when it is time to go back to elder scrolls. 

You realize they're using practically the same engine and assets as Fallout 4 but coding it to be multiplayer right? Its 10 times easier to just code multiplayer than work on a WHOLE new engine, artwork and models. Bethesda came out a couple years ago and said to not expect the next elder scrolls until two more games that were in the works were announced/released(Starfield, Fallout76)..

Todd Howard: And we actually have two other large projects we’re also doing that are bigger than anything we’ve done. People will probably hear about those probably even before Elder Scrolls VI. And that’ll make sense many years from now.

https://kotaku.com/todd-howard-says-elder-scrolls-vi-is-a-very-long-way-of-1781902765

Don't get me wrong, I love Elder Scrolls and have a ton of hours in Skyrim. But after how rushed and buggy their Skyrim release was I have no problem waiting for a finished project.

More info is emerging, and apparently fallout 76 is based on what was intended to be the multiplayer part of fallout 4, which they never went ahead with for whatever reason

Im wondering if they have seen the popularity of PUBG and sijmilar games and thought they would jump on that bandwagon.

Pubg and the like are however kinda light hearted and silly with nothing much at stake .. fallout 76 doesnt look like thats the case, and after u have spent days?, weeks? building yre base only to find its been nuked i imagine most pple will say this isnt fun

A game which trivialises the use of nukes is a bad idea to begin with imho..

And ya a game w no storyline, npcs, voice actors etc is a lot less work than a full blown fallout 4, i went a bit overboard there.

Anyway time will tell.

2 hours ago, MrJonnyboy said:

Todd Howard:  ...And that’ll make sense many years from now.

https://kotaku.com/todd-howard-says-elder-scrolls-vi-is-a-very-long-way-of-1781902765

Bethesda has =NEVER= released a non-buggy elder scrolls ?  EVER.  So it's silly to think this time they will give it more QA polish than TES1 TES2 TES3 TES4 or TES5.

However, the bit about "...And that’ll make sense many years from now..." actually does fit in with something posted somewhere (the 4chan leaker?) saying they were stalling on TES6 in order to build it as a Playstation 5 exclusive launchday game.   And that actually DOES make sense -- the one lesson they learned from Morrowind was that in the end, the console market was where the big money was. So even if they are "PC gamers" in their hearts, they are lusting after console profits in their blessed lil corporate 'Elswyrs'.

Today's news: 

Sony's PlayStation 5 skips E3 but will it still arrive in 2020?

Probably more like 2021-2022 then, for both PS5 + TES6 .... Fallout76 & Starfield are probably a little more "uncertain" in being blockbuster hits, but they already know TES6 will break sales records in preorders before people have even read any reviews. So save superstar TES6 for the big shiny new console opening day, and push out the two less certain games first. Gads, I hope by then my computer can run it =/  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors