Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Personal Goals Reset

Hello, I was asked to submit a potential bug report regarding personal goals here.

I had three personal goals left to do that I was working on on my crafting alt. They were:

Slay 50 zombies,

Repair 6250 Fences,

Be the person to finish an epic mission

Then achievements started being jerked around and reset after initial reset, and it appears now I have something far more difficult.

Mine a 90QL+ Gemstone

Mine an Exquisite Gemstone (star??)

Defeat another player using a pickaxe

Put 10,000 items in a trashbin.

To my knowledge, after the initial re-roll, the rolls occurring afterwards wouldn't effect the above achievements.... nor should I have received more?

Anyway, would it be possible to fix this? Or should I pray to the RNG gods that I get the correct star gem when mining?

(Also, I have mined 90QL gems on this account before, so I suppose that doesn't count?)

Thanks.

Me and all my 13 alts have received the 5000 liter wine goal. 7 of them have the Slay 100 Wild Unicorns goal. Not sure this is coinsidence, but it seems that a lot of us got the same goals now. 

I personally also have 

Mine a 90+QL Gemstone

So do many of my alts, but I don't have exact numbers of them. 

These were after the initial re-roll of the Archmage etc ones.

He had a diamond, and gold, and a silver that got reset. Also now, he got an extra one added, which is gold....

don't quote me

I dont think the exquisite gemstone is a star, I think its just a 90QL+ emerald. I checked my achievement list and I lined up the date I received the achievement (exquisite gemstone) and checked the logs and it was a 90QL emerald

I got a slay turned into "create a supreme item" on my alt that I had only 1 achievement left, now im stuck trying to create supreme items indefinitely on an account with 1 in every skill

and the rest of my toons got 5k wine

a lot of us got spanked with this "personal goal rework"

I well and truely got spanked.

uNY3CGJ.png

I was very excited to see my planeswalker goal changed to imp an item to 99ql. I begun working on this immediately and got my boot up to 98ql.. rKhb68E.png

The only other goal was to ride a Cog which I had on standby for the moment the boot was finished.

Well as I was just about to "win the game" the "hotfix" occured. Removing 4 of my previously completed goals including my other diamond goal :(

u2iEzeY.png

Now Hexd was passed the crown (before my time) while she was in JK in order to complete the become a ruler goal. That was one of her original goals. The epic mission one also I have completed too many to count and that didn't trigger as completed (I'm told I need to do it again which seems to be the running theme here).

Well as it turns out the cooking update had some kind of affect on my toon which caused this. I was told from Budda (via shaydow) that it was indeed a bug and my original diamond goal was reset but they had no way to change it back. When I asked if it was possible to auto complete my diamond at the very least and I'll complete the rest (as a compromise) that was not accepted either. Finally I asked if there would be a hotfix for those in my position, I was told it was unlikely but if I make a forum post who knows maybe if enough people make enough noise it might happen. So here I am explaining what happened ?

The update on the 5th of June caused a few upheavals, and gave some players the wrong idea about how many they had left. 

We fixed this with the hotfix that rerolled it

Any goals rerolled after the update on the 5th and before the hotfix do not count even if completed. 

The new lists should only be compared to your lists BEFORE the update on the 5th. 

I believe I was also a victim of having some of my previously completed goals removed and stuck with new ones, though I can't confirm because I don't have a screenshot of them prior.

I do know that I only had 3 or 4 left to complete; one of which was Planeswalker. I now have 8 uncompleted goals.

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The update on the 5th of June caused a few upheavals, and gave some players the wrong idea about how many they had left. 

Any goals rerolled after the update on the 5th and before the hotfix do not count even if completed. 

The new lists should only be compared to your lists BEFORE the update on the 5th. 

He had either demigod or planeswalker, and the 6250 fence repairs left as diamond goals to finish, before the big update. That got changed, to improve a 99 ql item (which we then promptly finished and continued with his remaining goals), and he still had the 6250 fence repairs, which is now gone and turned into 10k trash. His entire list got reset, even achievements that had nothing to do with the fixes to exclude pvp and sorcery content. 6250 fence repairs is not a pvp goal or a sorcery goal, so that one for sure should have never been messed with. I dont know precisely what other goals he had remaining (I do know that the gemstones ones were not part of it) before the big update but I am certain that he got screwed after the hotfix, and goals got changed that shouldn't have.

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Hexd had become a ruler and this goal was previously completed. Was completed in 2016, well before this latest update.

99f2cc5614.png

Retro has already tried to explain this, but let me expand on it.

1. Personal goals rerolled completely due to the 1.3 update in late 2016.
  2. Personal goals rerolled completely again due to an achievement bugfix in Feb 2017.
    1. After this point all achievement changes and bugfixes were left alone till we could find out why the reroll was happening, and fix it to not happen.
  3. The initial update last week on the 5th was supposed to do the following:
    1. Not reroll anybody's full list of goals.
    2. Only reroll goals that were deemed impossible, or far too difficult. This includes tome related goals, pvp related goals, and goals for killing epic-only creatures.
    3. Not reroll goals from the above list if they were already completed by that player.
    4. Not take anyone back to previous lists they had from early 2017 or pre-1.3, but only to replace goals on the list that they had before the update on the 5th.
  4. The initial update after the first hotfix actually did:
    1. Attempted to replace goals from the above list during generation of each player's list.
    2. Messed up the numbers involved with the generation due to the above, and cause most of every player's lists to reroll.

At this point is where a lot of you are taking your smaller lists from, and it is where the screenshot in Iberis's post is from ("Kill a wild wolf" - that text was only changed in the update on the 5th). These were not the intended list for the update - the update was ONLY supposed to reroll single goals of tome/pvp/epic relation.

The final hotfix rolled back that goal list generation to what it was before the update on the 5th, and after generation went through that list to replace any bad goals so to not mess with the numbers needed for the overall list generation. This is what was intended by the initial update, and why we put through the fix as a hotfix as soon as we had it figured out and fixed.

Currently everyone's goal list is exactly the same as it was before the update, with only the goals that were supposed to be replaced being replaced.

If anyone has any serious claim that their full list has been scrambled from what they had before the 5th, or that completed goals have been replaced - please do post here with your character name so I can check it out. I have the old code available so I can quite easily print out what your goal list was before the update on the 5th to compare to what you have on live currently.

For those who had completed goals removed due to the 1.3 update bug, are there any plans for a hotfix for this in the future? Back when it happened as most goals were unachivable nobody reported it since it did not matter as much back then (and was barely noticed if at all by the majority of players). Now that bug is actually making a difference.

Can those players who completed goals long before this latest update that had lost them please be looked at perhaps?

At this point another massive reroll would also ###### a lot of people. Imagine that you have put severals rack of wine for fermenting and it gets reroled for improve to 99ql or that you busted your ass over weekend to achieve 100 janitors being assured that no new reroll would happen and you have your time and bam all your work is gone and you can don't even have chance to finish before fix cause it happens sudden while you are at work. Screwing a lot of people just to get you unscrewed is not a valid point... So if any fixes can be made I hope they can be made individual

We won't be rerolling the issues created from late 2016/early 2017 because it's simply too long ago. 

When comparing goals, make sure to compare goals from before the update on the 5th  of June and today, to avoid the confusion over the anniversary update and subsequent hotfixes, as the current goals are rerolled based on the original goals.  Any completed goals between the 5th and today may not have stayed, because they shouldn't have been there. 

We get this is confusing, and annoying to some, these very issues are the reasons we were reluctant to make any changes once we realised how it worked.  The reason we have done so now is because of our long term plans to phase out the system, and give everyone as fair a chance at obtaining the rewards as possible before they are gone.

As budda said, if your full list from the 5th is vastly different to what your list is currently or goals that were completed before the 5th before the update have rerolled, feel free to post with what it was before any updates and what it is today so we can verify. 

Most of my priests wound up with the imp to 99 goal. :P I also have a Smeagain priest and a Fo priest with the "mine exquisite gem" goal. If it means "dig", then my Sme priest is toast, if it means "mine", then my Fo priest is toast.

I hadn't realized before how shafted priests get with goals (I had ignored them before because they had planeswalker/etc.). :( Wish I could re-roll ones impossible for my priests.

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We won't be rerolling the issues created from late 2016/early 2017 because it's simply too long ago. 

When comparing goals, make sure to compare goals from before the update on the 5th  of June and today, to avoid the confusion over the anniversary update and subsequent hotfixes, as the current goals are rerolled based on the original goals.  Any completed goals between the 5th and today may not have stayed, because they shouldn't have been there. 

We get this is confusing, and annoying to some, these very issues are the reasons we were reluctant to make any changes once we realised how it worked.  The reason we have done so now is because of our long term plans to phase out the system, and give everyone as fair a chance at obtaining the rewards as possible before they are gone.

As budda said, if your full list from the 5th is vastly different to what your list is currently or goals that were completed before the 5th before the update have rerolled, feel free to post with what it was before any updates and what it is today so we can verify. 

I can say with relative certainty that my crafting alt has mined a 90QL gem in the past. He has over 90 mining, a rare imbued runed pickaxe and has mined 90QL veins immensely.

I don't know if I have screenshots of his previous goals prior to the initial patch, but I'm pretty sure they included the 50 Zombies and the 6250 Fence repair goals, in which he kept during the first fix, too.

Either way, the gold goals are very imbalanced. 1000 fish vs 90QL or exquisite gem???

I'll look for verification on the goals when I'm home.

Btw, I think there are mutiple exquisite gem achievements unless that was fixed. Im pretty sure Xallo has gotten one from digging an emerald before, and a separate same-named achievement for mining one as well.

Hi. My completed goal rerolled into uncompleted " Put 10 000 items in trashbin" The character completed the "Become the ruler of a kingdom" a long time ago. This is the before and after update that rerolled my green into white

rulerofkingdom.png

Character name : Torvalar

First photo taken "Last Saturday" 

Second photo taken today

Edited by Gladiator

15 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Hi. My completed goal rerolled into uncompleted " Put 10 000 items in trashbin" The character completed the "Become the ruler of a kingdom" a long time ago. This is the before and after update that rerolled my green into white

rulerofkingdom.png

Character name : Torvalar

First photo taken "Last Saturday" 

Second photo taken today

Again, the first photo is not from before the update on the 5th. Please only compare to your list before the update on the 5th.

28 minutes ago, Budda said:

Again, the first photo is not from before the update on the 5th. Please only compare to your list before the update on the 5th.

My list always had "Become the ruler of a kingdom" It's had it for ever since the character was created years ago ty

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

My list always had "Become the ruler of a kingdom" It's had it for ever since the character was created years ago ty

Sorry, looks like your initial image is from after the final hotfix, not before the updates as you said.

I see before the update you did have the ruler goal and the first image shows you still having it after the final hotfix last week - but the second image is taken from today? Were both screenshots taken while you were on the same server?

I think this may be a side effect of this bug (https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/163296-bug-personal-goals-not-showing/) which will be fixed in the next patch.

In the mean time, if you go back to the server where the first image was taken, you should have the ruler goal there and completed.

If its still showing at the 10000 items goal after the patch, let me know so I can follow it up.

So the question I have in regards to this is how or why anyone should be able to prove this to a Dev/GM. You told us that you weren't removing previously completed goals... So it's not like I decided to take a screenshot of them, because (Yes, this is absolutely MY fault here, should NOT have done this!) I actually decided to trust the words put in the newsletter saying that you wouldn't be touching completed goals. My error! Because doesn't seem this was correct.

I pretty much know for a fact that I have had at least one of my diamond goals completed for months prior to this update. Now ALL of the Gold+ goals are back, and none of my previously completed goals (that again, have been completed for months) are present. I am basically told to start over.

It's just incredibly frustrating to actually have been close to completing this at one point, and to have even been working on preparations for completing the other goals... and now suddenly be told to start over from basically scratch, while 20+ people a day complete the game cause you made their lives easier by RNG.

Yet another (fairly trivial, I'd say) reason I heavily dislike this game and am constantly on the look for something else.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, Budda said:

If anyone has any serious claim that their full list has been scrambled from what they had before the 5th, or that completed goals have been replaced - please do post here with your character name so I can check it out. I have the old code available so I can quite easily print out what your goal list was before the update on the 5th to compare to what you have on live currently.

22 hours ago, whereami said:

So the question I have in regards to this is how or why anyone should be able to prove this to a Dev/GM. You told us that you weren't removing previously completed goals... So it's not like I decided to take a screenshot of them, because (Yes, this is absolutely MY fault here, should NOT have done this!) I actually decided to trust the words put in the newsletter saying that you wouldn't be touching completed goals. My error! Because doesn't seem this was correct.

I pretty much know for a fact that I have had at least one of my diamond goals completed for months prior to this update. Now ALL of the Gold+ goals are back, and none of my previously completed goals (that again, have been completed for months) are present. I am basically told to start over.

It's just incredibly frustrating to actually have been close to completing this at one point, and to have even been working on preparations for completing the other goals... and now suddenly be told to start over from basically scratch, while 20+ people a day complete the game cause you made their lives easier by RNG.

Yet another (fairly trivial, I'd say) reason I heavily dislike this game and am constantly on the look for something else.

Presuming I'm checking the correct character as you didn't actually list it in your post, your two diamond achievements before the update were "Become the ruler of a kingdom" and "Create 5000 liters of wine". The ruler one was swapped out for repair 6250 fences as you have not completed the ruler achievement.

Your two gold goals before the update were kill 100 lava fiends and mine an exquisite gemstone - both of which you still have.

If I'm checking the wrong character feel free to either reply here with the character name or PM it to me and I'll send you a screenshot of your goals list before the update to confirm.

Edit:

I'll also just note here for everyone else that there is still a bug with goals lists and crossing servers that should be fixed after the next update. If you notice different lists on the same character after moving to a different server, generally the list that you have on the server where your character was at the time of the last update is the correct list.

Likely checked the wrong character name based off the goals you listed.

I'll PM you the right one so I can try to get some clarification here.