Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Lower table decay for food items

I really want to be able to decorate a table without having to make new food every day. It would be pretty neat to keep prepared food on a table that would last awhile. I'm asking for a 65% reduction of food items when placed on a normal table, 70% on rare and 75% on supreme that would bring it up to the standards of a picnic basket.

Surely you devs can understand how boring it is to eat from a larder or magic chest. Larder/chest are the better options still.

• Like 1

if we could put stuff on a plate and make that show up above it then you could make it so that the plate remembers the last recipe that was on it and just displays that visually even once the item is gone add that next to longer lasting food and imagine the possibilities of bakeries ^_^

I tend to agree, if it's not OP. So +1 on the idea.

Not sure on the exact numbers, "enough to be noticeable/worth placing some", and "not enough to make everyone give up larder/chest for the convenience of tables nearby".

This would result in some kind of silly behavior though. Instead of lunchboxes, we'd be carrying food on plates, on tables, in our inventories/wagons, to prevent decay.

If you wrap the food, it'll definitely last longer than a day. Not sure how much, though. Being on-deed and in a building would help.

Edited by Ostentatio

Let us wax our food like when they put food on display in markets.  Add another purpose for bee's wax.

• Like 4

+1,  really hate if you have to replace all the food and stuff in table right after taking screenshot

Should be able to use bee wax to create wax food, same model but unedible. 

I'd just get a lump of wax, use against the food you want and it just vanishes the food and replace with wax version, simply  put no decay /eat option. Can't feed to animals either I feel that would be missed lool

Edited by Mclavin

9 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Let us wax our food like when they put food on display in markets.  Add another purpose for bee's wax.

O I totally didn't read this before posting. Lol

On 6/11/2018 at 11:53 PM, Ostentatio said:

This would result in some kind of silly behavior though. Instead of lunchboxes, we'd be carrying food on plates, on tables, in our inventories/wagons, to prevent decay.

Hah. I feel this could be right.

Beewax.