Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Wurmiversary 2018

Which sigils have been found other than the ones on Independence and Chaos?

Here's more information on the one I found: 

[22:56:37] Within this ring of stones may the fate of kings and heroes be decided. Ql: 99.0, Dam: 0.0.

67801498ff2e3365f485640e01b4a810.png

Location on Chaos map:

LK2sbhB.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CIRAY said:

[22:56:37] Within this ring of stones may the fate of kings and heroes be decided. Ql: 99.0, Dam: 0.0.

Location on Chaos map:

LK2sbhB.png

Yaah, like 5 years ago I found some around the JK lands. Used to be you could dual for kingship I believe.

7 minutes ago, BrandonSF said:

Yaah, like 5 years ago I found some around the JK lands. Used to be you could dual for kingship I believe.

Here's an updated screenshot:

sWyQCiV.png

The white rectangle north of The Shroud is the HoTS duelling ring. The white box with the dot in the center, south of The Shroud, is the misplaced duelling ring (Sigil?) marker I found. 

It's entirely possible this has nothing to do with the Wurmiversary, but I'm hopeful its another clue to solving this puzzle. 

I started mapping the movement of the moons; seems like Enki comes on and screams Eclipse everytime there is one on... So I think the crossing path of 2 moons at that time is where we would find some clues...

59 minutes ago, Allenkey said:

I started mapping the movement of the moons

Maybe you should try to contact Gaffer who did quite a lot of investigation and research on the movement of Wurm's celestial bodies! For example:

Yep, I've shared that with a few people. We know exactly when Seris and Valrei eclipse. What we can do with that information...remains to be seen :)

Are the "Sigils" on Chaos red? That could confirm that they're a completely different, related things. The dueling rings have white models.

8 hours ago, Chakron said:

Yep, I've shared that with a few people. We know exactly when Seris and Valrei eclipse. What we can do with that information...remains to be seen :)

Are the "Sigils" on Chaos red? That could confirm that they're a completely different, related things. The dueling rings have white models.

There's a screenshot in the post below of what the only one i've found on Chaos looks like.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:10 PM, CIRAY said:

Location on Chaos map:

LK2sbhB.png

Those 2 dueling ring boundary markers are 8 years old so it was probably from when I was marking off the original HoTS dueling area before moving it north of The Shroud.  I have removed the errant boundary markers.  It's not impossible there are more in that area,  but they are just remnants and not related to The Knights of Seris.

• Like 4

On 10/6/2018 at 2:57 AM, Enki said:

Those 2 dueling ring boundary markers are 8 years old so it was probably from when I was marking off the original HoTS dueling area before moving it north of The Shroud.  I have removed the errant boundary markers.  It's not impossible there are more in that area,  but they are just remnants and not related to The Knights of Seris.

Which would mean that the 'rogue' sigils people have come across on Freedom servers are related, otherwise I expect all errant markers would have been removed ;)

It's a confirmation of sorts.

Found Lady Bell's tombstone today on Release, in an effort to share information please forgive the extra link, I have more luck in finding things than I do knowledge in how to post up the pic.

I did the obvious investigation and digging (from her quote about the digsite) with no direct results yet.

Neglected to post the location, up on the top of the cliff at L25.  It is now currently in a hole from my need for dirt on the project and curiosity if digging there would help so look closely.  Good luck treasure hunters.

Edited by Uisge_Beatha

On 11/14/2018 at 7:36 PM, Uisge_Beatha said:

Found Lady Bell's tombstone today on Release, in an effort to share information please forgive the extra link, I have more luck in finding things than I do knowledge in how to post up the pic.

I did the obvious investigation and digging (from her quote about the digsite) with no direct results yet.

Neglected to post the location, up on the top of the cliff at L25.  It is now currently in a hole from my need for dirt on the project and curiosity if digging there would help so look closely.  Good luck treasure hunters.

This is a "Playfair" cipher... Been working on decoding it to no avail yet. I'm not sure what the key to the 5x5 square is, but I think it might be related to the "Do dragons play fair"... followed by the rest of alphabet letters. Solving this seems to not give me a sentence that makes sense, or a single word. I need help!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Allenkey said:

This is a "Playfair" cipher... Been working on decoding it to no avail yet. I'm not sure what the key to the 5x5 square is, but I think it might be related to the "Do dragons play fair"... followed by the rest of alphabet letters. Solving this seems to not give me a sentence that makes sense, or a single word. I need help!

The password is... dragons.

• Like 1

I've decoded it. I don't really understand it tho. Does anyone else want to decode it, or may I write it down here?

Edited by Trevize

4 hours ago, Trevize said:

I've decoded it. I don't really understand it tho. Does anyone else want to decode it, or may I write it down here?

Decoded what?

5 hours ago, Trevize said:

Other decoded messages have been posted in this thread and it (can be) a cooperative effort, I’m sure it’s fine. Was it just a playfair?

Decoded it too, seems there is one typo in the encrypted text tho. the decrypted text however is rather cryptic on itself...  studying the map, to see where to go...

On 9/30/2018 at 2:09 AM, Enki said:

I am sure someone will eventually succeed.  Besides, I fully expected this to require mixing and matching brains among people.  It was always up to those who find the clues to share or not share their findings.   I spent well over an hour designing this quest to make sure that really pretty much anyone with the knowledge to install and play Wurm Online had a chance to participate, in fact I may have even spent as much as 68 minutes making sure it was a well balanced long term challenge.

So yah, its ok to share findings :)

Decoded Playfair Cipher:

I am the archaeologist my sigil is the ram

unlock my sigil by using your tracking ability on the top of the left horn   

my aurelian sigil must be unlocked before the artisan of

x  fine jewelry but  after the jester

The X should probably be an A

Edited by MacOofer

So people found sigils that are based on signs of the zodiac.  Seems to me that the goal is to perform a tracking action on the top of the left horn of the sigil which depicts the ram (Aries).  However these sigils must be done in a particular order, as in the sigil related to the artisan needs the action performed there before the archeaologist and the sigil related to the jester needs the action performed after.  So what are the other clues from the tombs?  Does anyone have the clue for the artisan or the clue for the jester?

The "Artisan" is referring to someting a Jewelsmith would have crafted...

In this case, it could be an object, like an altar.  If you look at the description from a slightly different angle..

Before the artisan but after the Jester, could refer to a location, : Before you reach the jewelsmiths object (say altar) but a bit further then the Jester (food providing NPC at a startertown)

Hard to say without seeing the other clues from the tombs.  But I suspect that there is a theme here of actions to be done to sigils which have to be performed in a specific order as outlined in the clues.

Interesting about that 'X' in that.  It was not there when I encrypted it.  Might have been added by the encryption tool I used for unknown reasons.    Do ignore the 'X' in that clue.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 10:02 PM, Enki said:

Interesting about that 'X' in that.  It was not there when I encrypted it.  Might have been added by the encryption tool I used for unknown reasons.    Do ignore the 'X' in that clue.

The 'X' is placed when 2 of the same letters are adjacent to each other when de-ciphering ;) 

• Like 1