Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Wurmiversary 2018

For those interested in decoding the message for yourself or seeing how it is was done. The text that pops up when you examine the gravestone of Lady Bell is:

Do dragons playfair? 

PB PU KS GA SJ OB DU DO HB UP WE JA FP HB MJ SO RP LE UD EJ TW BH AJ PN ZT BH CD ZG MO MG GB FJ CD BI FP JP ZG CL KS UG UA JL KS UN JL KR DS TW OP OS PF DB BH AJ MP ME PC KZ FV GE UK AN NK DA CU KS GA PJ BR ED IV HJ SN KC ZS MD XC LU DI UC GM KS KC CM SO

From this we are told its a playfair cipher and the keyword for the grid is Dragons. Write up a grid of 5x5 with starting with DRAGONS then fill in the other letters in alphabetical order. 

You read the message by looking at certain points of the grid, depending on where the letters fall in the cipher text fall. 

This video explains how to do it properly and gives some facts, better than I ever could. 

I also believe all of the graves will give an instruction of what to do at each sigil, and what order to do them in once we have all clues unlocked.

For instance this clue means after the Jester puzzle clue is done, we go to the ram sigil (possibly the aries one) and do some tracking on the left horn to unlock SOMETHING.

Maybe not exactly after, we will likely need all the clues to get the right order. Remember Enki said we would need to unlock all the clues in the right order for it to work so I'm thinking we only get a single go per character at this. So I'd not rush off to that aries sigil and start tracking if I were you ;)

If anyone has any other grave stone clues hidden up their sleeves, now would be a great time to share them! 

It is presumed there are some collectives that are making progress, but holding it close to their chests.   Fair enough.  I would like to thank you, Enki, for this hunt.  Very much enjoying it.   I am new to wurm, relatively speaking, and new to this hunt.    Thank you, too, for your last random enkounter hint.   It provided a diluge of leads!  I was pretty sure up to that point it would be fruitless for me to get engaged.    Now my obstacle is that my ship doesnt sail fast enough, and the apparant lack of wild horses on certain servers!  Time to build a cage.  

So far, I have learned a great deal about ciphers, the history of wurm, and the people who made that history.    Point of archaeology right? I understand the Samling incident, and am narrowing down what entity was poked lol.   But far beyond that, I now have a pretty long list to start marking off.  

The last enkounter was a paradigm shift for me.   I also discovered an interesting short story as a result as well.   I am looking forward to the day I can review my notes and say, It was right there in front of me!

I do have a few questions that I dont believe is directly linked to the hunt, but is kinda plaguing me:

Sir Nimoy, and Sir Baggins.   Ok, seems obvious.   Although there is a loose association to one who once was on your team - it still seems obvious.  

Sir Burton - I have a prefence to the reference I believe it is.  

Sir Witwicky - really... ? That guy? Similar, but I have to say, not in same league.  

Lady Bell - there is only one reference I can associate with her.   Yet I do enjoy the sight of her, she too seems out of place.   

Coincidence? Favorite people? Random?

or something else entirely...

45 minutes ago, Arishok said:

It is presumed there are some collectives that are making progress, but holding it close to their chests.   Fair enough.  I would like to thank you, Enki, for this hunt.  Very much enjoying it.   I am new to wurm, relatively speaking, and new to this hunt.    Thank you, too, for your last random enkounter hint.   It provided a diluge of leads!  I was pretty sure up to that point it would be fruitless for me to get engaged.    Now my obstacle is that my ship doesnt sail fast enough, and the apparant lack of wild horses on certain servers!  Time to build a cage.  

So far, I have learned a great deal about ciphers, the history of wurm, and the people who made that history.    Point of archaeology right? I understand the Samling incident, and am narrowing down what entity was poked lol.   But far beyond that, I now have a pretty long list to start marking off.  

The last enkounter was a paradigm shift for me.   I also discovered an interesting short story as a result as well.   I am looking forward to the day I can review my notes and say, It was right there in front of me!

I do have a few questions that I dont believe is directly linked to the hunt, but is kinda plaguing me:

Sir Nimoy, and Sir Baggins.   Ok, seems obvious.   Although there is a loose association to one who once was on your team - it still seems obvious.  

Sir Burton - I have a prefence to the reference I believe it is.  

Sir Witwicky - really... ? That guy? Similar, but I have to say, not in same league.  

Lady Bell - there is only one reference I can associate with her.   Yet I do enjoy the sight of her, she too seems out of place.   

Coincidence? Favorite people? Random?

or something else entirely...

I am so confused.

8 hours ago, Joelle said:

I am so confused

Lol.  Less obtuse version:

Leonard Nimoy 

Bilbo Baggins (also was at least one alt of Foucault/Wollshaf)

Jack Burton - lead character in Big Trouble in Little China.  Also forum name of a player.  

Sam Witwicky - human hero in Transformer series.  Played by Shia Lebouf in movies.  

Lady Bell - maybe Kristen Bell?  Scifi related she played Elle Bishop in heroes series , and played in several Assasins Creed games. 

— probably totally unrelated.  Just bringing conversation back up.   The characters in the lore had distinct naming, but the group that remained had distinctly different naming convention.   Caught my attention, although I do not see spending too much thought on it unless something else popped up.  

Was curious about his choice of character names.  

PS but I am disappointed that there are no clues suggesting there is a wabbajack sitting a chest somewhere.  

PSS Forgot two...

Sir Harold Shea

and 

Wheatley, portal 2...

”just stay casual when I tell you this... but I think I smell neurotoxin”

Edited by Arishok
PS.S

4 hours ago, Arishok said:

Leonard Nimoy 

Jack Burton - lead character in Big Trouble in Little China.  Also forum name of a player.  

Sam Witwicky - human hero in Transformer series.  Played by Shia Lebouf in movies.  

Lady Bell - maybe Kristen Bell?  Scifi related she played Elle Bishop in heroes series , and played in several Assasins Creed games. 

— probably totally unrelated.  Just bringing conversation back up.   The characters in the lore had distinct naming, but the group that remained had distinctly different naming convention.   Caught my attention, although I do not see spending too much thought on it unless something else popped up.  

PS but I am disappointed that there are no clues suggesting there is a wabbajack sitting a chest somewhere.  

Sorry bro not even close. These names are actually the names of Enkis pet rats which he uses to perform personal hygiene on himself  since he’s too busy responding to my bug reports and  playing Ash Ketchum with all the new horsey and chicken models.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 9:39 AM, Arishok said:

Leonard Nimoy 

PSS Forgot two...

Sir Harold Shea

and 

Wheatley, portal 2...

”just stay casual when I tell you this... but I think I smell neurotoxin”

Hmm, not far off the mark....  Only a couple of them are incorrect.  Though that should not change their roles by much.

17 hours ago, Enki said:

Hmm, not far off the mark....

Wabbajack confirmed.  

For others following along at home...

I was hoping someone could assist with clearing some low hanging fruit:

- has there been confirmation of other gravestones like the Lady Bell one found in the open? Just confirmation they exist would be helpful.   

- did anyone check the runes on Lady Bell gravestone? My guess is it is reused model, and should say ”Respawn Alreadi”, but seems a double check might be appropriate.  

- confirmation of other groups of sigils + relic other than what was posted here? Did anyone use track on area to see who may have been there?

anyone willing, or perhaps permitted, to share would be appreciated.  

Been to busy irl, and some basic field work will take me quite a while to get to these items.  

Cheers!

Edited by Arishok
Ps also, Sir Landon in the conservatory with the candlestick.

Today the unthinkable has happened... so i will stop trying to think about it.

In other news, The lost treasure of the Knights of Seris has been claimed!

You read right!  Someone has finally collected all of the clues, decrypted all of the keys, and found the last resting place of the lost treasure of the Knights of Seris.

I knew eventually this quest would be bested when this was posted!

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/163385-wurmiversary-2018/&do=findComment&comment=1670968

...I must work on upgrading my brain security...

So many clues have I laid out, so many went unnoticed for so long....  I had a lot of fun watching this unfold, and short of a couple of hiccups all went according to plan!

• Like 9

Grats to the winner! I was so clueless how to ever properly begin to search for it.

I'll be interested to read how they found it.

I suspect part of it will involve randomly scouring all the servers for gravestones. I will be pleasantly surprised if it did not.

4 hours ago, Enki said:

In other news, The lost treasure of the Knights of Seris has been claimed!

I must say that there is not much news here revealed. With your creative storytelling I imagine that you could flesh out a better article with much detail included. Awaiting some news reporting.....

=Ayes=

I truly hope the winner will show us how they found the armor / my search team must have missed some clues on the way. Very  disappointing  that my team could not pull it off in time, but would love to see the armor at least

• Like 2

I’d love to see a retrospective on this event - there were a lot more people searching and working together than the thread suggested :)

• Like 5

Congratulations! I'm very happy that someone finally managed to solve this. 

Lol I am beginning to think this was an overt hint.  

Mr. Benth, I presume?

This event took like 8 months roughly, and had several groups trying to compete. It eventually became secret collective of cliques that didn't want to share info. So like others I stopped caring about it. Personally I'm not exactly a fan of events that don't include everyone, or events that are so complicated that you'd basically have to know Enki personally. However congratulations to the winners, you deserve it.

Would be nice if this was able to be completed for everyone with a lesser reward.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 8

i abandoned this event when out of game resources were needed for the clues.

• Like 7

Event was great and, unlike some previous players, I expect more of them.

I feel terrible, not being good or smart enough to complete it to the end, tho I had several months of break. When I got back to it, it was probably already too late.

I love the lore behind whole event and I'd love to see even more lore from the past. 

Need of reading, learning and discovering new secrets in and outside game is a great. Reading such amazing lore, with the idea that there is something hid beside plain text, some another part of greater complexity. 

I'd love to see more events that would be similar to this, ones who would reward only the best of best players in different terms and conditions.

This is a perfect form of challenge! 

And of course , congratulations to the best of best. You proved your valors! 

• Like 5