Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Wurmiversary 2018

guys you are missing something.. i don't know if this has any bearing on the challenge .. but look at the name of the knights.. do they ring any bells.. like some are star trek people one is from lord of the rings and so on and so forth could they point ot anything..

just a thought..

they've been there for a long time so i doubt it is linked

2 hours ago, Niki said:

they've been there for a long time so i doubt it is linked

They are 100% linked. Just gotta figure out the rest of the clue ;) 

• Like 1

The treasure remains unclaimed to this day.

• Like 4

Even if there was a set of armor to be found... the Shadow Wraith set seems to kill whoever has the intention of wearing it. 

On 9/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, Enki said:

The treasure remains unclaimed to this day.

and will be for long time :P

imo, it should be easy enough for anyone to solve it. It's bad game design to allow one person to get whatever this is. Although, if it's just a useless decoration item that would be okay I guess. But allowing one person to get some overpower unique item because they are smart in RL is as I said, really bad game design.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joedobo said:

imo, it should be easy enough for anyone to solve it. It's bad game design to allow one person to get whatever this is. Although, if it's just a useless decoration item that would be okay I guess. But allowing one person to get some overpower unique item because they are smart in RL is as I said, really bad game design.

yup

No one even knows what the items are. The lore suggests even using them is dangerous. Go find them.

6 hours ago, joedobo said:

I think that is a wrong statement. Good games require something from the person playing it. The games people keep play is the one require that the player become better and better and not only the in-game character. That is especially important in pvp games and why an old games like counter strike is still played.

Risk versus reward needs to be in balance, something that is easy to get has low power and something that is hard to get has high power.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Sandyar said:

I think that is a wrong statement. Good games require something from the person playing it. The games people keep play is the one require that the player become better and better and not only the in-game character. That is especially important in pvp games and why an old games like counter strike is still played.

Risk versus reward needs to be in balance, something that is easy to get has low power and something that is hard to get has high power.

You're not wrong, but considering that no one even knew it was a thing for months before the GM who set it up said anything implies that if no players even saw the beginning of the quest, its unlikely that any will see the end.

I am sure someone will eventually succeed.  Besides, I fully expected this to require mixing and matching brains among people.  It was always up to those who find the clues to share or not share their findings.   I spent well over an hour designing this quest to make sure that really pretty much anyone with the knowledge to install and play Wurm Online had a chance to participate, in fact I may have even spent as much as 68 minutes making sure it was a well balanced long term challenge.

• Like 5

It's not that hard, but extremely time-consuming. And it shouldn't be easier at all. I wish there were more clues regarding the locations though... I have many ideas but they are too hard to prove alone or even in a group of 10 people (spacing in various posts for example, or some interesting dates/timestamps...). 

Btw: people are already trying to bruteforce the sigils.

Your quest is succeeding in driving many of us mad, don’t worry. It’s fun.

Edited by Chakron

1 hour ago, Enki said:

I spent well over an hour designing this quest to make sure that really pretty much anyone with the knowledge to install and play Wurm Online had a chance to participate, in fact I may have even spent as much as 68 minutes making sure it was a well balanced long term challenge.

Just for clarification, this is in EnkiMinutes (TM). Length of which is currently undertermined, ranging somewhere from the time it takes for an apple to fall from 1m to the ground at sea level, to the time between now and the heat death of the universe. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Just for clarification, this is in EnkiMinutes (TM). Length of which is currently undertermined, ranging somewhere from the time it takes for an apple to fall from 1m to the ground at sea level, to the time between now and the heat death of the universe.

I agree with your conclusion that this time level is undertermined and possibly even underterminated according to the terms referenced whether dead or alive. This is exactly why I do not participate in these sort of wild goose searches when the only clue being their faint mocking goosey laughter off in the remote distances of the imagination. For who can fathom what depths of brain combines to which Enki has descended in order to speculate what would be just on the edge of the insurmountable cleftivities of those diverse synapses firing randomly within a seemingly sensible order therein that particulate to reach any directional conclusions. I find that within the complexity of this design that simplicity is the best path to pursue, yet clothe your steps with caution for you can clearly see the end results upon the mind of its creator.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

About 6-8 months ago I noticed one of the dueling ring markers (sigils?) south of The Shroud on Chaos. I thought it was just bugged or something at the time, but maybe it has something to do with this? Unless ofc Chaos isn’t included in the 8 servers, in which case maybe these things are meaningless? 

Hopefully this helps some.

16 hours ago, CIRAY said:

About 6-8 months ago I noticed one of the dueling ring markers (sigils?) south of The Shroud on Chaos. I thought it was just bugged or something at the time, but maybe it has something to do with this? Unless ofc Chaos isn’t included in the 8 servers, in which case maybe these things are meaningless? 

Hopefully this helps some.

I could have sworn the dueling ring was north of the shroud, so that might be something.

My memory is fuzzy on it to be honest.

Edited by FranktheTank

7 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

I could have sword the dueling ring was north of the shroud, so that might be something.

My memory is fuzzy on it to be honest.

That's the thing, the dueling ring itself is north of The Shroud, but I found 1 single marker south of The Shroud. Question is, is this another piece of the puzzle or just another red herring?

Has anyone done a map mock up of all known sigils across the maps as they appear in the order of the game to see if they overlap anywhere?

Essentially take the world maps, (I think Xanadu in the middle?) and draw lines?

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1