9 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

did i find?

yes yes?

B9JwWPN.png

I found the same "thing" in January, on Pristine:

afBdzV2.jpg

What could that be?

you cant dig it out? can you Examine??

aren't these the remnants of traitor mission animals?

• Like 2

I believe those glow effects are for traitor creatures spawned for missions. It's supposed to be attached to the creature.

• Like 2

So heres what Im trying to wrap my head around. If we were to find the 8 tombs of the knights - supposedly each holds a clue, and when you have all 8, you can find the single treasure location??

What about the clues of the pictures/knight quotes posted earlier on this thread? Are we supposed to somehow find those locations. .  .could they hold more clues, perhaps to the locations of the tombs?? Just so many arrows pointing different ways so to speak, Im not sure what to focus on!

What I don't get is whether there's a mission we need to trigger, or if there are items on each server to find. Because missions don't cross server, but maybe it's possible to do a mission to find an item on a different server that's used to trigger a mission on another server?

Or it's all on one server and we're taking the "One fer every Freedom Shore" thing too literally.

Personally i doubt there is an official mission - i think hes just saying the mission of finding the treasure of the Knights. Im also really trying to understand what the role of Seris (moon) is! Do we have to do something at a particular time, when Seris is in a particular location??

3 hours ago, Evening said:

I'm sorry to kill your high hopes, but while everything is Enki's fault, those gravestones are marking the resting place of some zombies spawned last year, which first killed me and then have been killed by me and buried for eternal rememberance .. and unless Enki found them and decided they're perfect for his evil plans .. DON'T MESS UP WITH THE CLAY! ?

Well shoot, eve...ya coulda told me :P  Ok, apparently the gravestones are eve's fault...lol

• Like 1

Just a thought: 

Capital letters from the first Random Enkounters post reveal: "SECRET MISSION HIDDEN WITHIN". A mission, not clue. 

Capital letters from April Fools post reveal: "I HID SOMETHING WITHIN FIRST SECRET CLUE IN FORUM CAN YOU FIND THE TREASURE". A clue, not mission.

I think we should seek the secret clue somewhere in his posts, posted (probably) between 30.10.2017 and 31.03.2018. Also, the secret mission contains interesting spacing - 2 spaces at the end of sentence, one space between words, but there is a double space between "but" and "age". Steganography?  I checked header pictures from aforementioned Valerei International posts. No hidden data inside. 

Edited by pagsiu
added more thoughts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

thought we had already been doing that :P

I'm not sure. People are running aimlessly from shore to shore and climbing extreme peaks without a clue :P We need a solid evidence, which is hidden somewhere on forums (I think). Do we even know what are we looking for? A mission to activate? Item? Grave or underground tomb? 

On 6/8/2018 at 11:32 PM, Joelle said:

Each update to the Knights of Seris wiki page was on a Friday... Fridays used to be news days, so I looked back through old news pages... And sure enough, there are quotes that match up with each date of a contribution by Enki.

13 October 2017: "Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime. Yeah, well try it! I am so sick of fish! Fish for lunch. Fish for supper. Day after day, meal after meal, fish, fish, FISH! I am thinking of taking up mountain climbing just to get as far away from fish as humanly possible!" - Sir Witwicky on board ship in the middle of the ocean

20 October 2017: "Look kid, if you keep poking at that...that...whatever that thing is, it's eventually going to wake up and eat you." - Sir Landon prior to the Samling incident

27 October 2017: "There are basically two kinds of people in this world. The living people, and the dead people. So what the hell is that?" - Sir Wheatley at the abandoned village of Trese

3 November 2017: "To get to sleep I keep telling myself there is no such thing as giant spiders. I'd even half believe it myself if not for the one staring at me through the window." - Lady Bell at the dig site

10 November 2017: "I cannot change the laws of physics Captain, but give me a good hot forge and a strong hammer and I bet I can bend them." - Sir Burton while bartering at a market

17 November 2017: "You never know what you will find in caves, so send someone else in first." - Sir Baggins at the foot of an old abandoned cave

24 November 2017: "They always tell you that the trees in these old forests can talk, but what I want to know is how to get the damn things to shutup!" - Sir Harold deep in the whispering woods

1 December 2017: "The sea is not our enemy! It's those blasted ungainly large rats that chewed through the hull and helped themselves to all the rum in the hold! They are the true enemy we face." - Sir Nimoy at the loading docks

Hope it helps!

Okay some further thoughts on all this - perhaps each picture that accompanies these quotes tells us where the tombs are? Not specifically but one is under the ocean, one is in a cave etc etc?

I could be wrong - vaguely remember the challenge saying they are all along the shore somewhere ?? Someone correct me on this?

1 hour ago, Goldfinch said:

Okay some further thoughts on all this - perhaps each picture that accompanies these quotes tells us where the tombs are? Not specifically but one is under the ocean, one is in a cave etc etc?

I could be wrong - vaguely remember the challenge saying they are all along the shore somewhere ?? Someone correct me on this?

The pictures that were in Valrei International, and which I copied here, seem to be red herrings. I'm ignoring them for now as they don't seem to be helping. But I'm not sure.

Edited by Finndar

My question is: from reading t

43 minutes ago, Finndar said:

The pictures that were in Valrei International, and which I copied here, have turned out to be red herrings and should be ignored.

How can you say this with certainty? 

Because we have searched several of the mentioned locations and found nothing? Or has someone told you this? 

And to your knowledge - are the knights’ quotes still of importance? 

15 minutes ago, Goldfinch said:

My question is: from reading t

How can you say this with certainty? 

Because we have searched several of the mentioned locations and found nothing? Or has someone told you this? 

And to your knowledge - are the knights’ quotes still of importance? 

I went to two of the sites myself and they look nothing like the picture, and a friend was at a third site and again, nothing like the picture.  So I judge the pictures to be red herrings.   I don't know for sure.

Edit: edited my post because you're right, it comes across "with certainty" and you're right, I dont really know :)

Edited by Finndar

Gotcha- yes that’s likely the picture was created/ staged to simply illustrate the text as best they could. I think the main clue if any is in the words, and perhaps the actual locations they mention- even if the pics don’t match. 

• Like 2

It sounds to me like we're missing a piece of the puzzle.

The clues should lead to the treasure, as in, once a player understands them, finding the treasure becomes a certainty.

Since this is not the case yet, we can assume we're missing some data.

I wonder if there is a connect with that old treasure hunt on Celebration, that told some of the ancient history of these land. I've been to a couple of the spots I can remember, but don't see anything obvious or even not so obvious....

13 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

The clues should lead to the treasure, as in, once a player understands them, finding the treasure becomes a certainty.

Supposedly most of the clues now seem in the April Fools weather post by Enkie.

12 Paragraphs btw

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

dyslexia + alzheimer = good puzzles

Found this thing a while ago on Independence, it might be related to the Wurmiversary.

All of them are called sigil, except one of them that's called relic(sigil) as in the picture. The relic was blessed by Nahjo(no idea if it was a player or not), tried blessing the other ones, nothing happened.

Tried investigating and fishing too. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share.

Looks very similar to the symbol for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_(astrology)

8NXztGK.jpg

Edited by boilingfort
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, boilingfort said:

Found this thing a while ago on Independence, it might be related to the Wurmiversary.

All of them are called sigil, except one of them that's called relic(sigil) as in the picture. The relic was blessed by Nahjo(no idea if it was a player or not), tried blessing the other ones, nothing happened.

Tried investigating and fishing too. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share.

Looks very similar to the symbol for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_(astrology)

Oooh this is exciting! I've been investigating sigils around K15 on Indy that is the Sagittarius sign!

Did not notice that any of them are blessed, will go back now and check :)

Great find! 

(and best treasure hunt ever, I love you Enki)

Interesting, maybe there are more symbols too.

Edited by Annyil

thats siad to be a messed up version of a duelling ring as found on chaos .. there are a number of em on inde, including one i pass regularly on the bottom of the inner sea .. i dont see anything there to interact w or anything

Edited by Scottfree2