Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Wurmiversary 2018

found two interesting gravestones on pristine, both named "aged traveller"

[14:33:31] A gravestone to mark the final resting place of someone important. Ql: 71.93291, Dam: 4.230198.

[14:33:31] There is an inscription carved into the gravestone.

[14:33:31] He came, he Enkounterd, he passed away!

second one:

[14:41:28] A gravestone to mark the final resting place of someone important. Ql: 84.2205, Dam: 4.8371754.

[14:41:28] There is an inscription carved into the gravestone.

[14:41:28] The point of no return! Also, don't mess up with the clay!

There was a clay tile directly south of this one

(tried digging the corners, dug enough clay to get a slope change, nothing; replanted the grass :P )

third near blossom

[15:58:41] A gravestone to mark the final resting place of someone important. Ql: 71.06749, Dam: 5.7525353.

[15:58:41] There is an inscription carved into the gravestone.

[15:58:41] Is all Enki's fault!

Edited by Lisabet
adding
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

[14:33:31] A gravestone to mark the final resting place of someone important. Ql: 71.93291, Dam: 4.230198.

second one:

[14:41:28] A gravestone to mark the final resting place of someone important. Ql: 84.2205, Dam: 4.8371754.

(tried digging the corners, dug enough clay to get a slope change, nothing; replanted the grass :P )

third near blossom

[15:58:41] A gravestone to mark the final resting place of someone important. Ql: 71.06749, Dam: 5.7525353.

I don't get it lol

I have the feeling that the enkountered one and the enki's fault one serve to validate the point of no return.  I'm checking to see if I can find any more gravestones named "aged traveller"

• Like 1

Where are these graves on the map

0dc2f89d5e.png

there may be more, I got tired of messing with the lag I normally play with; the eastern one is the one that says Point of no Return

• Like 1

lol lord. they're spread out?

I'm mucking about Indy giving a look.

I remember finding the first two of them months ago and thinking Enki was doing some silly trick or something; wasn't til I read this thread that I thought about them again.  I could be completely wrong, but I'm hoping not.  I also hope when it's found someone posts where/how they find it :)  Good luck to all hunters!

Edited by Lisabet
edited for clarification
  • Like 2

[20:02:35] You start to investigate the area.

Doing it near graves might yield something?

very interesting - could it have something to do with this clue??

27 October 2017: "There are basically two kinds of people in this world. The living people, and the dead people. So what the hell is that?" - Sir Wheatley at the abandoned village of Trese

• Like 1

I feel the gravestones could just be some red herrings. Considering 3 have been found, I'm starting to have my doubts. Archaeology around them got no results, only junk fragments.

Perhaps we need to map them? It might spell something or point somewhere. If 3 have been found already, there might be more hidden around the server.

Could be red herrings, that's true and haven't denied that.  Could also possibly mean that there's a prize per server, or something like that.  With Enki, it's difficult to know.  According to a post further up in this thread:

Find de tombs of de eight Knights of Seris, one fer each Freedom shore.  Ifn ye ever find dem be warned, dey each be cursed and one be a liar!  Only wit dere clues in order may you tempt ta unseal de lost treasr of de Knights.

Just one location wouldn't be enough no matter what, you need 8 clues in a particular order, or at least that's how I read it.  "One fer each Freedom shore" could either mean one tomb on each server, or it could mean one treasure on each server to find.  The gravestones could be the tombs, which makes sense since that's literally what they represent, or they could be red herrings.

Edited by Lisabet

My guess: Each bit of news post text mentions a particular deed we should check out, each on a different server.

One of them mentions a "dig site". Independence used to have a deed called "Freedom Archaeological Dig Site", which has been disbanded for quite some time: https://www.niarja.com/settlements?utf8=✓&search=dig+site

I don't know where it is, but if someone does, that's a place to check out.

I did notice one mentions an abandoned village called "Trese" directly, which does not appear on Niarja. I figure it's likely this is a very old deed prior to Niarja/Twitter keeping track of things. It's also likely on Chaos, given the reference to zombies.

Edited by Ostentatio

Spent 6 hours looking for Whispering Woods on Xan. Fond Every Whispering deed except Wooods. If someone finds, please dont tell me because I will rage if I was close.

My guesses for relevant deeds:

"Sir Witwicky on board ship in the middle of the ocean": I have no idea. Lots of island deeds and deeds with "Ocean" in the name have existed.

"Sir Landon prior to the Samling incident": Samling, Independence. Existed twice, most recently disbanded 2016-05-25.

"Sir Wheatley at the abandoned village of Trese": I want to say someplace called Trese, possibly on Chaos due to the reference to zombies.

"Lady Bell at the dig site": Freedom Archaeological Dig Site, Independence. Disbanded 2016-02-11.

"Sir Burton while bartering at a market": Wurm has lots of markets, so I have no idea. Should probably try the most prominent ones first.

"Sir Baggins at the foot of an old abandoned cave": May not refer to an abandoned deed in particular. No idea. Wurm has so many abandoned caves, there must be something I'm missing.

"Sir Harold deep in the whispering woods": Whispering Woods, Xanadu. Disbanded 2014-06-21. Also two deeds of same name that have existed on Independence.

"Sir Nimoy at the loading docks": I wish I knew. Lots of docks in Wurm.

So, I'm not having a good track record here, since two seem to be on Independence even though we know there's one per server, and some don't seem to be specific to any particular deed at all. But there has to be some clue there, right? Surely we aren't expected to check every abandoned cave... right?

• Like 2

For what its worth we checked out Samling on Independence. It is a small deeded area protected by the GM;s which looks very much like the second picture that accompanies the Samling incident clue. However it has a differnt pavement, backdrop seemed wrong etc so wasnt perfect. and we found no clues.

Why "the foot" of an abandoned cave?  Surely one stands at "the foot" of a mountain no?  Thus one could assume it is a cavern in one of the great mountains.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Why "the foot" of an abandoned cave?  Surely one stands at "the foot" of a mountain no?  Thus one could assume it is a cavern in one of the great mountains.

Knowing Enki, I'd expect wordplay, like it's near a place that had "Foot" in the name, or under the foot of a colossus or something like that.

I'm also wondering if the locations of the Random Enkounters, or their questions, are relevant clues.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

theres 8 servers  also refers to the rising of seris and golden valley direction- could be a way to find the gravestones of the eight 

third near blossom

or they are near the starter town of each server      - for xan maybe lomere as its the closest reference to Lomaner( from the reference from finndars post)

could be just ranblings this but just a thought

1ab893ac38fc8c3be8354b14ba10c4d9.png

Interesting moon at N8 on Pristine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Niki said:

1ab893ac38fc8c3be8354b14ba10c4d9.png

Interesting moon at N8 on Pristine.

DGkG7LE.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

My guess: Each bit of news post text mentions a particular deed we should check out, each on a different server.

One of them mentions a "dig site". Independence used to have a deed called "Freedom Archaeological Dig Site", which has been disbanded for quite some time: https://www.niarja.com/settlements?utf8=✓&search=dig+site

I don't know where it is, but if someone does, that's a place to check out.

I was at that deed yesterday. It's D-20 - the Northern Steppes - in the west central part of the tundra.  Investigated. Looked around.  Didnt find anything.  Someone smarter than me probably might.

12 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Spent 6 hours looking for Whispering Woods on Xan. Fond Every Whispering deed except Wooods. If someone finds, please dont tell me because I will rage if I was close.

The Whispering Woods used to be on Deli, Central northern coast. It was pretty big. It was abandoned about 2 years ago. Parts of it directly on the coast have been overdeeded a while (maybe a years or so ago)

18 hours ago, Lisabet said:

second one:

third near blossom

I'm sorry to kill your high hopes, but while everything is Enki's fault, those gravestones are marking the resting place of some zombies spawned last year, which first killed me and then have been killed by me and buried for eternal rememberance .. and unless Enki found them and decided they're perfect for his evil plans .. DON'T MESS UP WITH THE CLAY! ?

• Like 2

did i find?

yes yes?

B9JwWPN.png

Edited by Quicktor

5 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

did i find?

yes yes?

B9JwWPN.png

Where is this ? what is it?