Sign in to follow this  
Enki

Wurmiversary 2018

Ran through the last three posts: Wurmiversary, Random 2018, and Random 2017. Lowercase removal provided the following:

IWOHIDWCWOSOMETHINGWITHINWFIRSTSECRETCLUEINFORUMCANYOUFINDTWOHETIREAFSUIRETWOT

IIHIRETREAIBHHBAIWBVBKNTNWBBF

SOREEICRETMIISISIONREHIDDEHBBSFSFBNEWITREHINEHGM

I know this has been covered by some already, but maybe someone can figure out the extra letters hanging around if they have any significance.

I (WO) HID (WCWO) SOMETHING WITHIN (W) FIRST SECRET CLUE IN FORUM CAN YOU FIND THE (WO) TREASURE (IF) (TWOT)

WO WCWO W WO IF TWOT

(II) HI RETREAT (IBHHBAIWBVBKNTNWBBF)

II IBHHBAIWBVBNTNWBBF removing HIRE TREAT OR HI RETREAT

SECRET (OREI) MISSION (I) (RE) HIDDEN (EHBBSFSB) (E) WITHIN (REHGM)

OREI I RE EHBBSFSFB E REHGM

---------

WO WCWO W WO IF TWOT

II IBHHBAIWBVBNTNWBBF

OREI I RE EHBBSFSFB E REHGM

Edited by Ayluin

I've been sifting through the information so far and am ready to post what I believe is going on. This is just me with wild speculation, you may find better information. This is just what I think went on.

Random Enkounters 2017 thread is made on September 30, 2017. If you take the first letter of each sentence, you find the secret message "SECRET MISSION HIDDEN WITHIN". Unfortunately, it is missed because nobody is looking for it. It is hidden in plain sight. I believe the message does not mean hidden within this thread but hidden within the game and later hidden on the Wurmpedia.

On 13 October 2017‎, the Wurmpedia page for The Knights of Seris is created with the first chapter. Every 7 days, another chapter is added and the lore is complete on 1 December 2017. I believe a lot of the trivia in the random enkounters was pointing to the backstory of Wurm, perhaps in hopes people searching for it wound find the lore page. Here are some interesting lines from the Enkounters:

13 October 2017 - "Today's Random Enkounter is brought to you by the moon Jackal. (I'm watching you!)" - Always watching.

15 October 2017 - "Today's Enkounter is brought to you by Sol  - Shining a light on you since 979 NT!" - An important date.

27 October 2017 - "By the NT calendar when did the Gateways to the new lands of Wurm open.  He answered correctly!  Could you?" - If you can't, you can look it up.

16 November 2017 - "The first challenge was to tell me how many moons were currently in Wurm.  He passed that challenge with flying colors... with a little help from the wiki..." - It's all about the wiki.

I believe the thread was trying to point people to looking at the wiki. That didn't work. Nobody saw the secret message or the lore page. It is kept hidden.

April fools 2018. Enki creates the post and asks users to read carefully. Many eagle-eyed readers, myself included, would have noticed the random italicised letters in the post. A quick check reveals these letters spell out "APRIL FOOLS". I'm sure everybody just assumed this was the reason we had to read carefully. It was not.

Taking the first letter of sentence, you find the secret message "I HID SOMETHING WITHIN FIRST SECRET CLUE IN FORUM CAN YOU FIND THE TREASURE".

I believe this one specifically references the forum so you would check Enkis post history and find the secret of the Random Enkounters.

Anniversary rolls around and Enki has had enough. This has gone on for far too long. The users haven't found it. It's time to wake them up.

The secret message of this thread directly references the Knights of Seris. The lore page is found within the hour.

This is the quest. This is the secret mission. We have to find the treasure.

But where do we even go from there? Golden Valley? Gateways? How do we even start the quest? I don't know.

I'm quite fond of the ARG events in gaming communities. I love participating in these even though I'm not that good at it. I know somebody is going to find something which will immediately disprove everything that I've said. This is how this stuff goes. This is all the information that I have right now and I don't know where to go from here.

I also know that people tend to go crazy and overanalyse everything. I'm just throwing out this information because it's important to not get caught up in the little details. I'm convinced the lore page is the key and we just need to figure out what to do with it.

Edited by Fabricant
  • Like 11

Translated hexcode from Random Enkounters' first post (original formatting):

Ifn ya be readn dis den ya might be tinkn ya smart nuff ta try yer luk findn de lost treasr of de Knights of Seris!  Den knowst now dat you be in fer a long jrney dat may ner be completed.  I be teln ya now ta turn back befre it be too late.  Ye have been warned!  Curiosity got da best of ya den.  Da Knights of Seris came from de old world carryn a supreme treasr to hide from da enemies of de old King.  Dere travels took dem from shore ta shore, but  age caught up wit de Knights and one by one dey passed.  Tose dat be remainn buried dere brethrn and continued dere mission n secret.  Tis be de only clue known ta me as I buried de last of dem, so learn it well. Find de tombs of de eight Knights of Seris, one fer each Freedom shore.  Ifn ye ever find dem be warned, dey each be cursed and one be a liar!  Only wit dere clues in order may you tempt ta unseal de lost treasr of de Knights.

I spent over 6 hours exploring Pristine and found nothing. Hope someone has more luck than me ;)

• Like 6

Each update to the Knights of Seris wiki page was on a Friday... Fridays used to be news days, so I looked back through old news pages... And sure enough, there are quotes that match up with each date of a contribution by Enki.

13 October 2017: "Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime. Yeah, well try it! I am so sick of fish! Fish for lunch. Fish for supper. Day after day, meal after meal, fish, fish, FISH! I am thinking of taking up mountain climbing just to get as far away from fish as humanly possible!" - Sir Witwicky on board ship in the middle of the ocean

20 October 2017: "Look kid, if you keep poking at that...that...whatever that thing is, it's eventually going to wake up and eat you." - Sir Landon prior to the Samling incident

27 October 2017: "There are basically two kinds of people in this world. The living people, and the dead people. So what the hell is that?" - Sir Wheatley at the abandoned village of Trese

3 November 2017: "To get to sleep I keep telling myself there is no such thing as giant spiders. I'd even half believe it myself if not for the one staring at me through the window." - Lady Bell at the dig site

10 November 2017: "I cannot change the laws of physics Captain, but give me a good hot forge and a strong hammer and I bet I can bend them." - Sir Burton while bartering at a market

17 November 2017: "You never know what you will find in caves, so send someone else in first." - Sir Baggins at the foot of an old abandoned cave

24 November 2017: "They always tell you that the trees in these old forests can talk, but what I want to know is how to get the damn things to shutup!" - Sir Harold deep in the whispering woods

1 December 2017: "The sea is not our enemy! It's those blasted ungainly large rats that chewed through the hull and helped themselves to all the rum in the hold! They are the true enemy we face." - Sir Nimoy at the loading docks

Hope it helps!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Joelle said:

24 November 2017: "They always tell you that the trees in these old forests can talk, but what I want to know is how to get the damn things to shutup!" - Sir Harold deep in the whispering woods

Pun's log  day of the Ant in week 3 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1075.

Day One: i went to the old deed Whispering woods (which now has a deed over it, limiting my actions, no investigate) i managed to find a treasure chest *deep* in the mine/canal underneath it, with a key but on deed so couldn't take in case it was a clue... investigating around the area provided nothing. Used old deed images to cross reference post in valrei 46.

Recorded search on stream.

End of log.

Edited by punishlife
  • Like 4

collected images from Valrei International 40 - 47:

Clue #1)  Valrei International 40

13 October 2017: "Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime. Yeah, well try it! I am so sick of fish! Fish for lunch. Fish for supper. Day after day, meal after meal, fish, fish, FISH! I am thinking of taking up mountain climbing just to get as far away from fish as humanly possible!" - Sir Witwicky on board ship in the middle of the ocean

header.png

Clue #2) Valrei International 41

20 October 2017: "Look kid, if you keep poking at that...that...whatever that thing is, it's eventually going to wake up and eat you." - Sir Landon prior to the Samling incident

header.png

Clue #3) Valrei International 42

27 October 2017: "There are basically two kinds of people in this world. The living people, and the dead people. So what the hell is that?" - Sir Wheatley at the abandoned village of Trese

header.png

Clue #4) Valrei International 43

3 November 2017: "To get to sleep I keep telling myself there is no such thing as giant spiders. I'd even half believe it myself if not for the one staring at me through the window." - Lady Bell at the dig site

header.png

Clue #5) Valrei International 44

10 November 2017: "I cannot change the laws of physics Captain, but give me a good hot forge and a strong hammer and I bet I can bend them." - Sir Burton while bartering at a market

header.png

Clue #6) Valrei International 45

17 November 2017: "You never know what you will find in caves, so send someone else in first." - Sir Baggins at the foot of an old abandoned cave

header.png

Clue #7) Valrei International 46

24 November 2017: "They always tell you that the trees in these old forests can talk, but what I want to know is how to get the damn things to shutup!" - Sir Harold deep in the whispering woods

header.png

Clue #8) Valrei International 47

1 December 2017: "The sea is not our enemy! It's those blasted ungainly large rats that chewed through the hull and helped themselves to all the rum in the hold! They are the true enemy we face." - Sir Nimoy at the loading docks

header.png

Edited by Finndar
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pagsiu said:

Translated hexcode from Random Enkounters' first post (original formatting):

I spent over 6 hours exploring Pristine and found nothing. Hope someone has more luck than me ;)

I'm curious, where'd you get this from? I'm looking at his first post in Random Enkounters and can't figure it out.

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I'm curious, where'd you get this from? I'm looking at his first post in Random Enkounters and can't figure it out.

Tiny text hidden at the bottom of the post.

nHuspr8.png

• Like 2

Yeah @Finndari'm currently checking all tiles with purple flowers with 3 oak tree's or less in view, for the right slope etc (understanding of course that there may hav been some changes since picture taken)

Edited by punishlife
sanity fading

Den know’st now dat you be in fer a long j’rney dat may ne’r be completed.

In those images, 3 4 and 6 all look to be the same place ...

1 hour ago, punishlife said:

Pun's log  day of the Ant in week 3 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1075.

Day One: i went to the old deed Whispering woods (which now has a deed over it, limiting my actions, no investigate) i managed to find a treasure chest *deep* in the mine/canal underneath it, with a key but on deed so couldn't take in case it was a clue... investigating around the area provided nothing. Used old deed images to cross reference post in valrei 46.

Recorded search on stream.

End of log.

I think many of us know of weird coincidences like this but have kept it quiet. We should probably work on forming an organized team or something to solve the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Ehizellbob said:

In those images, 3 4 and 6 all look to be the same place ...

Based on the shading of the pictures, I'd say they were done on test server. And I'm pretty sure it's Retro's deed on test, even, before his buildings were dyed... I recognize the market image as his "Stop Disbanding My Village" deed, at least.

I personally doubt the images are related, but hey. You never know.

Wiki states:

"The last known mention of their party is a rumor that claims they were seen making a few purchases in a village not far from the gateways in the Golden Valley during the summer of 981 NT."

Checked out Gateways on Golden Valley and found this in the Gateways Manor building in a cabinet. These items have been placed recently enough that they have not taken damage and they do seem to relate to the hunt. Pristine is missing from the list though, so it may be unrelated. Or, one of the clues mentions that one of the Knights is a liar. So that could mean that one of the pieces listed as Xanadu is a lie, and is actually on Pristine? Or some newb named and dropped these items and they mean nothing ;) 

aae9be029a.jpg

29 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

aae9be029a.jpg

Signature on these items?

That would mean that the prevailing theory of all the clues being on Indy is a lie...

2 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

That would mean that the prevailing theory of all the clues being on Indy is a lie...

Well.. it does say that their graves are on the different servers - assuming that I read this correctly :)...

Find de tombs of de eight Knights of Seris, one fer each Freedom shore.

Items probably tells us, where different parts of armor are located. There's no items on Pristine, but Tomb still should be there. Perhaps Pristine Tomb has clues of armor parts locations. 

So imo, Pristine Tomb might be most important

Edited by Alkhadias

I'm unsure if those places in the images in the Valrei International posts actually exist on any server. Made a program that checked the map dumps for a place that looks like #6(mine entrance with a cobble road leading up to it, slab(or rock) tile 2 tiles right from the entrance and surrounded by grass/trees). Found no places that actually look like that, so I'd say the images aren't directly related to the location of the tomb.

• Like 1

Is the first clue ontop of dragon fang?

aced0069de2376304d454f27ab4e3033.png

JOIN THEE ORDER AS SERIS RISES,

AND THE TREASURE OF THE KNIGHTS WILL BE YOURS!

Edited by Niki

On 6/8/2018 at 3:34 PM, Enki said:

AQB CFQBHFC RC UJK OBKC J TQQG.

AQB MRM VQC KYY CFY CPBCF!

R HJZY AQB FRVCK.

R HJZY AQB LGBYK.

VQC QVY NYPKQV FJK KBLLYYMYM.

LJV AQB EYLQXY CFY TRPKC?

CFY SBYKC GRYK EBPRYM URCFRV.

CFY CPYJKBPY KCRGG CQ EY LJNRCJGRWYM.

CDY ZQVH BDYK FOFDUKY IZ EVJKY.

FHJ ZQV NQQW JUQVOT YQ YHZ DY?

PQDU YTJ QHRJH FK KJHDK HDKJK,

FUR YTJ YHJFKVHJ QN YTJ AUDOTYK BDWW GJ ZQVHK!

/JUAD (TJFR OFIJ IFKYJH)

TFCCZ BVHIDMJHKFHZ!

damn enki dyslexia is getting worse and worse (?)

• Like 1