Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

10k Trash Personal Goal - Stay in local?

Sorry don't know where to post this question.

My personal goals re-rolled again today and I have the "Trash 10k Items" personal goal.  I've found out in GL chat that you have to stay in local of the trash bin the entire time until the contents decay to get credit.  It seems it's an average or 1-2 hours for trash to decay.

My question is do I have to stand in local while trash decays to get credit?  I like to go off deed a lot and hunt and don't stand around at a forge.  Wondering if I drop 100 items in the trash and take off is it a waste?  I'd rather have my repair 6k walls back then because I least I know I'm getting credit for something while doing it.

Edited by nicedreams

Not sure if this helps but:

"Operation Cleanup (putting items in a trash heap) will now trigger properly even if the destruction happens while you are offline."

Would still love an exact clarification though

Some clarification would be nice. Or better yet; if the descriptions for the achievements actually told us what they track, the achievement list might actually be helpful.

This might be one of the most hastily put-together and least-thought-out mechanics that actually exist in Wurm to date. And that says a LOT.

Straight from Budda:  You do not have to be online or in local to get credit.  That was a bug that was fixed.

Edited by Finndar
  • Like 2

I can confirm the bug is fixed, you don't need to be online anymore to get the Cleanup achievements now.

I did not dare to test being on other server and/or the other cluster when the items decay from the trashbin though.

That's cool and thanks.  So many updates I missed that one from Budda.

Just tested - being online on another server in the same cluster will not trigger an Operation Cleanup achievement. So make sure you are on the same server when the items decay away from the heaps.

Does it work to trash stacked items? Can I put 100 corn in 100 satchels?

7 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Does it work to trash stacked items? Can I put 100 corn in 100 satchels?

Yes. if the satchels are damaged or put in before the food they'll decay first and it'll all drop to the ground so keep that in mind.

I put a corpse with butchered stuff inside it, but I don't know if the butchered items counted. :)

Being in local indeed doesn't count. However, an ally had cleanup operation update when they were on another server, contrary to Jaz's result. Not sure what is happening with that.

I did cross too, but I was sleepy and I'm not sure if the count updated.