Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 061

K5nlJb1.png

Celebrations! - Xallo

(Totally needs a puppet)

Happy Anniversary! 
Another year down as Wurm continues to roll on, that makes it a whopping 12 years since Wurm went gold! We've celebrated by releasing some LONG LONG awaited changes and additions. As they say with things, better late than never! 

But First...

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Happy Anniversary!

• Premium character can investigate on a tile during the week of the anniversary to get a “special fragment”.
  • Find 3 and identify them all before combining to get one of a few different gifts for Wurm’s Anniversary.
  • Chance to get a special fragment is 1/15 upon finding any other fragment.
  • Once combined, players won’t be able to combine another, or find any more special fragments.
  • Finding and combining these special fragments is available only during Wurm’s Anniversary week which will start on the 6th of June and end on the 13th.

Changes and Additions:

Archaeology changes:

• Archaeology items can now be found in all metal types:
    • If you investigate and find a metal fragment that is NOT ore or a lump, it’ll get the “metal” material.
    • If the fragment you found would have had the steel material (instead of iron), it’ll get the “alloy” material instead.
    • Any existing iron fragments can be combined with metal fragments (they will be converted to “metal” material when you start the combine action.
    • Same deal with steel and alloy fragments.
    • When you complete an item from fragments of the metal material, the final item will have a chance to become any base metal type (iron, tin, lead, gold, silver, copper, zinc) depending on how well identified the fragments were – heavily weighted towards iron.
    • When you complete an item from fragments of the alloy material, the final item will have a chance to become any alloy metal type (steel, brass, bronze) depending on how well identified the fragments were – heavily weighted towards steel.
    • If alloy fragments are extremely well identified, upon combining they will have a small chance to come out as a moonmetal (seryll, glimmersteel, adamantine) – though steel is more likely again.
    • “metal” material fragments can only be combined with other “metal” fragments, and “alloy” material fragments can only be combined with other “alloy” fragments.
  • New:  You can now create an archaeological journal to help record your investigations. ( Special thanks to Wurm Unlimited modder Bdew for some ideas in implementing this!)
    • Add report pages to the journal by activating paper or papyrus sheets and right clicking on the journal – Add report.
    • 22 reports will fit into the journal.
    • Data will be added to your reports as you investigate and gather information.
    • New information will be added to the report as you continue to investigate.
    • Once you’ve found enough information for a single report, you will be able to use that report to help find that deed again whenever you want.
  • Changes:
    • New statues have been added.
    • Rarities and enchants/runes from combined weapons and tool heads will now be transferred to the final item .
  • Fixes:
    • Fixed a bug which allowed investigating to bypass max inventory weight.
    • Paved tiles should properly reset the investigate flag.

Item Placement:

• Items can now be placed on tables and certain objects
  • To place an item, simply right click it from your inventory and select drop > place. You may then move the outlined object onto the table, clicking will place it at that location.
  • The following surfaces can have items placed on them:
    • square table
    • round table
    • dining table
    • bed
    • bench (stone)
    • bedside table
    • open fireplace
    • canopy bed
    • tripod table
    • high bookshelf
    • low bookshelf
    • round marble table
    • rectangular marble table
  • New Decorational Items that items can be placed on have been added too:
    • Empty High Bookshelf
    • Empty Low Bookshelf
    • Bar Table

Creature Cages:

• New Item: Creature Cage – Requires 60 carpentry skill to create and continue.
  • New Item: Creature Transporter – 25 Fine Carpentry to create.
  • Must have 23 body strength to load cage onto vehicle.
  • You cannot load pregnant animals.
  • You cannot load hurt animals.
  • You cannot load a creature with items on it.
  • There are specific models for the following stored creatures: bison, sheep, ram, cow, bull, horse, foal, hell horse. All other stored creatures have an enclosed cage graphic.
  • Max of 4 creature cages per tile.
  • A caged animal will move around and cause damage to the cage.
  • When a cage hits 80 damage, the animal will escape.
  • If an animal escapes a cage while in a boat in water, the animal will end up in the water and begin taking damage if they are not a swimming animal. If agro and not tamed, you will not be able to tame them while swimming.
  • You cannot repair or improve a cage if it is storing an animal.
  • The number of cages that can be carried by a vehicle is as follows:
    • Caravel – 8
    • Cog – 6
    • Corbita – 5
    • Knarr – 4
    • Sailing boat – 0
    • Rowing boat – 0
    • Creature transporter – 4
    • Wagon – 2
    • Large cart – 0

Personal goal changes:

• Changes:
    • Spars on PVE servers will now trigger the ‘defeat another player xxx’ goals.
    • Some of the more difficult personal goals have been rerolled if not completed. (ex. goals involving tomes or pvp only creatures and/or mechanics)
  • Bugfixes:
    • The description for ‘Sysyphos Says Hello’ goal has been changed to correctly reflect the number of repairs needed to 6250 instead of 6000 for repair fences, walls or floors.
    • The ‘pilot a xxx boat’ achievements should trigger properly now, even if you had them bugged before. Try again with this patch update.
    • Destroy a structure by catapulting it goal has been fixed.
    • Lockpick five boats goal has been fixed.
    • Goals/achievements involving fermenting wine will now properly trigger even if the player is offline.
    • Fixed achievement triggers for mining gems.
    • Fixed a number of grammar and capitalization issues with personal goals and achievements.
    • Epic Finalizer (Be the person to complete an Epic mission) now triggers properly.
    • Operation Cleanup (putting items in a trash heap) will now trigger properly even if the destruction happens while you are offline.
  • New:  You can now directly open equipped saddlebags/saddlesacks by using keybind OPEN or right clicking the equipped horse or unicorn.
  • New:  The creation of books has been added.
  • Change: The recipe for creating an almanac has changed because of the introduction of books.
  • New:  Kings robes will show as scale armour with specific colors for now.

Client Changes:

• Windows position and status is now also saved for backpacks, quivers and inventory groups. (previously only for out of inventory containers)
  • Bugfix: Fix for items blocking placement.
  • Bugfix: Lock status is now saved on all windows that remember their positions, both in current session and between sessions.
  • Added keybind for Toggle Backpack and Toggle Quiver.

Bug Fixes:

• PvP Mission Bugfix:  More checks to prevent erroneous structure building missions.
  • Bugfix:  Fixed an issue which allowed  non-intended items/armor to be equipped on non-intended creatures.
  • Bugfix: Another check to be sure new missions spawn correctly after the completion or fail of a previous one.
  • Bugfix:  Ritual missions should now end at the 3.5 day mark if under 33% complete.
  • Bugfix:  Messaging added to items that cannot be dragged into containers, mailboxes, etc so that you are aware that it’s intended behavior.

Personal Goals 
As previously mentioned we implemented the changes and fixes to personal goals with this update, which we're extremely glad to do so. The major reason we were hesitant to touch it was the way they were generated at server start and we have encountered a few issues with this. Today's update corrected the goals that shouldn't have rerolled while changing the ones that were (tomes, PvP oriented goals). We do apologise for the issues and confusion raised, but after this it's smooth sailing.

As previously mentioned, there are plans for a completely new system to replace this one, though there is no ETA on it, so get in and get that title before it goes away!

Anniversary Celebrations

We'll be popping up ingame with lots of random trivia and some other events throughout the weekend and into next week, with plenty of things to give away, unfortunate newbies to get killed by 10 raging nogumps, and harass pingpong, who we all know is to blame. Keep your eyes peeled for funny shadows and warning of events ingame! 

Room Decorating 
With the ability to decorate expanded, we want you to show us what you got! To help with this, we'll be doing a competition for you to submit your decorated rooms! Submit your room in the thread below, and we will be organising a tour and showcase of the rooms during Emoos Wurm Wednesday stream! 

Titles Galore!

As you all know, titles are awesome, and a fun thing to collect and show off, but there's some skills that don't currently have them, and we want to change that.
To do so, we're requesting your ideas, after all, you'll be the ones wearing them! 

Community Content

This weeks community content is another awesome work by Absy, a master architect! From palaces on Release to now Xanadu, check out their latest work! 

That's it from us this week, I hope you all enjoy the awesome updates and think of some awesome titles and decoration ideas and as always, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 11

Since personal goals are a thing now, a lot of mine have changed from "Slay an alert creature" to "slay a WILD alert creature", or "Slay 100 Wild Unicorns". Why does it say this and does this really mean that I can not kill any animals that have been bred before for these killing achievements now? 

Great job, @Absy on that video. Super impressive!

Great job, Dev team! I love the new changes! 

1 minute ago, Yldrania said:

Since personal goals are a thing now, a lot of mine have changed from "Slay an alert creature" to "slay a WILD alert creature", or "Slay 100 Wild Unicorns". Why does it say this and does this really mean that I can not kill any animals that have been bred before for these killing achievements now? 

They never could be bred creatures, this just clarifies that. 

Clarification is an ongoing thing with a lot of them, and we'll be looking at improving that in many areas as best we can

• Like 1

Iam Happy !

Happy Anniversary!

12 Years Wurm Online !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PARTY PARTY DISCO DISCO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully we get something drastic for pvp before the 20th anniversary 

• Like 4

Maaan... every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in! ?

@Absygreat looking deed, I like the variety of textures you used in building material and that brick castle... I must haz it.

@dev team great job with these new updates, and the forward momentum on upcoming animal cages.  I'd say these changes and upgrades you're making are on par with adding second stories, bridges, cooking... etc.

It's amazing what a small team can accomplish with dedication and perseverance.  Twelve years and going strong.  Congrats!

Stuff on stuff is one of my favorite updates yet. Ive been putting things ontop of other things til xallo goes nuts! WHY IS THERE A YULE GOAT ON MY PILLOW!

• Like 4

Happy anniversary! Nice to see the video Absy, some serious design skills you have!

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Clarification is an ongoing thing with a lot of them, and we'll be looking at improving that in many areas as best we can

Has the goal for "Smith a sword, a maul, an axe and a shield" been fixed, or does it need clarification?

31 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Has the goal for "Smith a sword, a maul, an axe and a shield" been fixed, or does it need clarification?

It's something like 100 of each type. Can't remember if you have to do 100 of each size or it's just the category.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

It's something like 100 of each type. Can't remember if you have to do 100 of each size or it's just the category.

100 of each medium metal variant. Do like batches of 25 just in case you've made the others before.

• Like 1

Still eagerly awaiting actual dyable weapons / backpacks / quivers / shoulders / etc.

So much work done!!!!! Thank you! My favorites are window position  lock and shortcuts for bag and quiver.

Looks amazing

giphy.gif

Edited by polarbear

19 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Yes, the goal USED to be fulfilled by bred creatures, but the devs changed it and did not announce the change, about 6 months ago.

WhenarethecagescomingtoWUImusthavethem!!!! *drools ravenously*

Robes are broken still, Revert the whole update including cages. 

On 6/7/2018 at 11:44 PM, Retrograde said:

Changes:

• New statues have been added.
  • Rarities and enchants/runes from combined weapons and tool heads will now be transferred to the final item .

If this pertains to both weapon/tools heads combined through archaeology as well as those created with lump on anvil, could the news post please be updated to reflect that?

On 6/5/2018 at 6:20 AM, Rocky said:

Damn.......who is sleeping in my bed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h40qTR3.jpg

Not sure if this is right place to ask but I have question, I like what Rocky did with goblin and   I got few ideas of my own but for some reason I keep getting same message that there is "not enough room" on table or bed for any corpse when I trying to place it there even if  nothing  else there ?

If it is possible to place corpses anywhere ? How do I do this ?

And another question I have is regarding piles on floor. When we use "place" option on surfaces it doesn't matter how many items there as they do not create piles but when we use same option on floors that option seems useless because it works same as "drop" option which creates pile when there is more than 2 items.

If it is bug or it suppose to be so ?

It would be great if we could use "place " option on floors too.

Thanks in advance for any tip !

Edited by Rhea
Another question.

Any idea when this update  may be released to Wurm Unlimited?