Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Extreme Makeover, Wurm Edition

Step right up interior designers of Wurm! 

We have finally conquered gravity, and now items can be placed on surfaces! (I'll never fully explain how exciting this is to anyone who doesn't know wurm)

To celebrate, we want you to put your things on tables, and really show them off and win prizes while you're at it!

Simply post your decorated dwellings in this thread, and if you'd like to be showcased during an upcoming Wurm Wednesday stream with Emoo, leave the name of the server, deed and house too! 

Out of the entrants, we'll be picking five winners:

1st: 2 supreme archaeology statues of winners choosing

2nd: 2 rare archaeology statues of winners choosing

3rd: 1 rare archaeology statue of winners choosing

4th-5th: Rare table or shelf of winners choosing

• Like 11

How long do we have to set up? I got some ideas but I need to balance that with staging time.

Also is it alright to decorate on someone else's behalf and submit their house? With their permission of course. :) Are there entry limits? Can you only submit one room?

Edited by Lianya
  • Like 2

I have same questions as Lianya. I do not think that less than week  I have enough time for all my ideas. Hopefully there is no limit for entry too.

At least two weeks, next news is in a fortnight, might showcase finalists then! 

when i saw the title of this thread i thought it was going to be about new and better textures lol.. well that was disappointing lol... oh well i can do it myself anyway haha

Is there a limit to the number of entries? Cause I'm having too much fun :P 

Kasumi examining the latest archaeological findings

bNqK8CT.jpg?1

Da Wife making her husbands favourite

(can you guess what it is?)

I20UQe9.jpg?1

• Like 10

There's hasn't been any limits announced thus far, so I say go for it. I still need to figure out how I am going to format my first entry. I have all the screenshots taken already.

I just noticed, it looks like there's a roll of toilet paper on one of the bookshelves. A necessary thing to pack when out digging at site. :) What item is that actually?

Edited by Lianya
  • Like 1

Here's my first entry, depending on how much time we have left, I may add in a second once I can finish decorating.

Shady's Rest - House

Shady Abode - Deed

Release - Server

This deed belongs to Shadyone and I was able to decorate it and submit it here with his permission. :) These images are of the kitchen, breakfast nook, and dinning room. I'll try to hide them in spoiler tags since this thread will probably be pretty picture heavy.

Spoiler

YjcSSby.png

Spoiler

xD28HLa.png

Spoiler

VUMmjP3.png

Spoiler

9vSPtTv.png

Spoiler

BCZVW5G.png

Spoiler

iSI6JzG.png

Spoiler

1xXil7j.png

Spoiler

EAPFgLq.png?1

Spoiler

LK16cM8.png

Spoiler

VqpaloC.png

Spoiler

oTZk341.png

Spoiler

pxSUg3A.png

Spoiler

5AfabuA.png

Spoiler

M0kIZqn.png

Now the last two images I want to leave are actually just little videos of the small brazier in the dinning room and the fireplace in the breakfast nook. It doesn't showcase much decorating but I think it's very calming to watch. It's nice on an an endless loop. However, I would like to point out how sad it is the the small brazier seems to only come in copper and that it does not have the lighting flicker like the fireplace. Conversely, I like the fire particles from the small brazier more than the ones on the fireplace. It would be nice if the fireplace had a larger version of that fire.

https://imgur.com/fJWKW9D

https://imgur.com/47XlfH4

However, I would like to lodge a "complaint" after doing this competition. These item number and size limits are killing me. ? I had to change up my design several times because the tables did not want to do what I wanted to do. 

However, this was a lot of fun and I can't wait until new items are turned into surfaces that can hold items. Plates, bowls, chaise... *nudge* *nudge* :)

Edited by Lianya
  • Like 7

Behind every picture there is a memory, behind every memory there is story, and here is my story .

"Fisherman's love story"

Imagine you coming home after one of those perfect sunny days that you spent with your buddies at your favorite lake, just fishing, chatting and relaxing.

You get to your home, removing boots from your tired feet, dropping your hat, lunchbox, keys, some spare change and your lucky charm at your entryway console that you skillfully crafted few days ago.

Spoiler

efjn2h.jpg

"Lighthouse keeper mansion" main entrance. Eden Harbour, Xanadu.

And when you just about to go to your kitchen to fix some dinner, you remember that on your way home you checked mailbox and you got love note from your sweetheart.

You read the note and ... you running around your home panicking :" Change of plans, the day is not over yet, my beloved coming over for dinner ... soon !

Spoiler

2wlqxkg.jpg

Entryway console.

First you sprint to your garden to cut few fresh roses, then you asking yourself: " What can I cook on such short notice ? ... and as any respected fisherman you know the answer: " AHA!  - SEAFOOD, it is what we going to have for dinner !"

And you rushing to the kitchen, then to dining room, setting table, improvising some place mats, getting the bottle of famous Wurmian champagne that you saved for special occasion ...

But just in case if your seafood will not come out right, you ordering full FCCP pizza ( this one is always winner ).

Spoiler

1zf0xgl.jpg

""Lighthouse keeper mansion" living/dining room. Eden Harbour, Xanadu.

Do you think your sweetheart will love this dinner ?

Spoiler

296dkzm.jpg

dc4pa8.jpg

Dining table.

Decide for yourself but here is proof of what happened after dinner later that night ...

Spoiler

15xk6eu.jpg

""Lighthouse keeper mansion" master bedroom. Eden Harbour, Xanadu.

Aren't Wurmians know how to have good time ?

Date the Wurmian and you will find out !

Eden Harbour, Xanadu. H-23, Summerholt area.

Edited by Rhea
Deed info added.
  • Like 8

On 6/9/2018 at 2:32 AM, Niki said:

Dinner's Ready!

cfe4ac547eea736ad886a290f5a0471e.jpg

91d6faf58d4e2000dbded8d6445dae5a.jpg

lol at the bell on the table ;)

• Like 3

Finally finished redecorating my house (for now...) and had so much fun doing it ^_^

Lots of images incoming.... 

(Yes, I am aware that I have an unhealthy amount of reindeer and yule goats... but but but... I love them!)

Living room / Study 

Spoiler

qnocFmK.jpg

FaHLUun.jpg

XoyeFsi.jpg

LJBWDCm.jpg

e7Dlwkk.jpg

0HICDIm.jpg

Main Bedroom

Spoiler

cL6NiHi.jpg

uczOwd2.jpg

clZr48M.jpg

4cilggz.jpg

TOBgSHt.jpg

npWLBTq.jpg

5H8iA60.jpg

Spare Bedroom 

Spoiler

xUgIMPI.jpg

D9oG8Rt.jpg

xgOWhSV.jpg

Have to put a close up shot of the puppets in here cause I absolutely LOVE the details! They are so well done! I love Fo's little summer hat ^_^

3WEIpJI.jpg

Dining Room

Spoiler

M9ffH91.jpg

xcbhNSv.jpg

Dy10RhQ.jpg

wqK1xIj.jpg

PNqSrzX.jpg

OQcpYTh.jpg

cLRKoEF.jpg

iNHd6H5.jpg

Nook with merchant 

Spoiler

bnkcGdq.jpg

KzT1Mc1.jpg

Edited by Kasumi
  • Like 7

I hope you like my "Fisherman's Love story" , how about something more troublesome, the crime story !

"Great feast with a twist"

Meanwhile in Eden Harbour ...

While our chef ( and we got really good one ) was preparing great feast at our "Iron chef's kitchen" ... ?

Spoiler

2qn6sfb.jpg

"Iron Chef's Kitchen" - Eden Harbour, "Town hub" 1-st floor.

xp5uyr.jpg

Chef's cooking station close up.

We were at  "Forbidden fruit tavern" getting ready for celebration of our double anniversary ( Eden Harbour turned 4 this year just 1 day before Wurm's anniversary )...?

Spoiler

ta4ml3.jpg

"Forbidden Fruit Tavern" - Eden Harbour.

144bl3o.jpg

"Forbidden Fruit Tavern" and "Temple of Fo" - Eden Harbour.

qn4ifn.jpg

"Forbidden Fruit Tavern" inside main floor.

There is not much space on main table for everything that our chef prepared but we will bring more food as we go. ?

Spoiler

10h3lnr.jpg

Tavern dining table.

2nq9pwx.jpg

Tavern dining table close up.

2gw9umf.jpg

Tavern Bar table.

Suddenly, we heard some strange noises coming out from our "Noble guest bedroom".

When we went upstairs, it was too late. Whoever was there already escaped from balcony of the bedroom ... ?

Spoiler

974jl2.jpg

"Forbidden Fruit Tavern" Noble guest bedroom, 2-nd floor.

But he left some evidence behind, probably dropped it on his way out ...
Wait ... if those are gems and jewelry we see on bed and floor ? Oh I recognize these items, we just got complains from our jewelry artist and priest regarding stolen goods, even our bartender been crying that someone keep taking his tips from bar table. ?

Spoiler

2q24ako.jpg
Tavern Noble guest bed.

Hmm ... can you guess who could be that mysterious burglar ? All evidence is right here ! ?
Oh, where are the guards when you need them ?
Perhaps hanging out in our wine tasting room again ... ?

Eden Harbour, Xanadu. H-23, Summerholt area.

• Like 5

Beautiful town and wonderful people.... Thx, Rheascope

• Like 1

Here at Amish Paradise we are all about amenities .. G24 Xanadu Server

First Up - Bathrooms!

Whether you need to pop a sit, or fix that helmet hair after a long battle, or maybe a nice steamy shower? We have the room for you!

Spoiler

d2s6Nni.jpg
sSnymKJ.jpg

Or Maybe you want to have a little dinner with friends in the dining room?

Spoiler

KREoQsH.jpg
20emHrF.jpg

SXaueym.jpg

VPvP9T5.jpg

Perhaps you want to relax with your feet up and watch a little modern television?

Spoiler

DW1BknL.jpg

Make sure to stop on by our Potters Paradise wing too!

Spoiler

xCA8Rol.jpg

aCftOqE.jpg

And because every great battle has a staging room..

Spoiler

7sXVU2h.jpg

Our library is a great place to relax and unwind while reading your favorite book of the past..

Spoiler

FOMBil8.jpg

Need a drink after a long day? Stop by the bar and have a mug of brew and a snack!

Spoiler

bXLTqYL.jpg

R2JDYiV.jpg

For those looking for a little show.. we have an adults only club - Candi is on at 5 everyday!

Spoiler

Lk9IFzv.jpg
5v0SHtC.jpg

More to come... ;)

Edited by Aniceset
  • Like 6

I sadly have no tables on deed.. so I went and stole one!

only to find out [16:03:48] There is no room for the unfinished caravel on the large dining table.

This is genuine! It seems like model building is something this game obviously needs.

Spoiler

d6b565694958312fbdf9417f47b416b7.jpg

Edited by Cenotaph
  • Like 2

In Lorewood Gardens, our artisans work diligently to produce the finest wares in Xanadu.

Spoiler

7Vo0P24.jpg

Don't be fooled by the cozy atmosphere of the Tailoring Guild. Fine cloth armors and meditation rugs are produced here to supply local clergy with all of their tailored needs.

Spoiler

qzQrnAt.jpg

Here, our archaeologists work carefully to unearth the mysteries of Xanadu and beyond.

Spoiler

YQvLRqQ.jpg

The library is a collection of the knowledge acquired by the citizens with books detailing everything from agricultural calendars to the histories of long forgotten cities.

Spoiler

VuaI4lM.jpg

The vast library would not be possible without the dedication of our scribes and bookbinders. Hours of toil at this workbench have resulted in some rare and beautiful tomes.

Spoiler

HDmEbNq.jpg

xn1lH3o.jpg

And you can't forget our hardworking cooks, bringing exquisite meals from field to table every day.

The next time you're in need of fine craftsmanship, Consider a trip to Lorewood Gardens.

Edited by Seriphina
fixed picture
  • Like 4

On 7/13/2018 at 3:03 PM, Cenotaph said:

I sadly have no tables on deed.. so I went and stole one!

only to find out [16:03:48] There is no room for the unfinished caravel on the large dining table.

This is genuine! It seems like model building is something this game obviously needs.

Hide contents

Wait, you put a caravel on a table?! o_0

I might have cheated a bit. But this next one is genuine: I give you affordable player housing

Spoiler

29c48a35dc82a9d2eb37548a7ac61385.jpg

Nice and cosy, There is a pot for your needs, and we even threw in a book so you have something to read in there.

• Like 9