Sign in to follow this  
Benie

Has anyone had a ven creature actually die when crossing servers?

This question comes from the warning when loading a venerable creature into a creature cage;
"The venerable fat {creature name} is venerable, and may die if it crosses to another server."

So I'm just asking (for the ones actively taking their animals cross-server), have any of you had a ven actually die on you while crossing? For me, I've been lucky (so far). But I feel my luck will eventually end. I mean I could 'easily' breed to (hopefully) get a new 5-speed horse, but with my Animal Husbandry only 25, I don't have the required skill to see all five speed traits (let alone any negative speed effects).

Edited by Benie

Not crossing borders, but I've seen Ven die when trying to change cared for characters.

Crossing servers could trigger an age poll on the creature before the care for state is transfered, which leads to the possibility of creatures to die when crossing the server.

Edited by Sklo:D

10 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Crossing servers could trigger an age poll on the creature before the care for state is transfered, which leads to the possibility of creatures to die when crossing the server.

This is what I was told (but not this detailed) by my neighbor, but is this 'age poll' a 50/50 chance? And will you be notified if the poll rolls against the creature (or just see an empty cage)?

Edited by Benie

I didn't have it happen yet. The idea is only, as I understand, that it loses cared for, so until you get to care for it again on the new server, he's at the mercy of wurm-rng-gods. Like any other ven that isn't cared for.

I haven't had anything die yet, but I've had alts waiting on the new server to care for the moment the animals are unloaded. Just in case, I'm breeding young ones of anything I can that I need to move, but for the things that can't be bred, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!