Sign in to follow this  
MrCoolMan

Decay rate on Deed!?

How come the decay rate on deed is this high, we do pay the deeds to be lesser from decay, and this is checked its lower outside in a wagon, a thing that need to looked over...

First i thought i was a messed coding error but it has passed a irl week and same thing, PLS look into it.

• Like 1

Some items do not have decay on a deed with 30+ days of upkeep remaining, but most items still do. It's impossible to say whether or not you're experiencing something unusual without more information.

What sort of item are you having a problem with? What is its quality level, and how much is it decaying?

Edited by Ostentatio

I did a little experiment on deed (deed has in excess of 3 months upkeep) as i noticed that small barrels placed inside a rack kept taking decay but if i dropped a barrel on the ground, even after a month there was no decay.

To confirm this i did a test, 2 barrels of approximately the same ql and named Decay test.  After almost 2 months, the small barrel i dropped on the ground has zero decay and the one in the rack had almost 4 decay. 

Also did a test with a small crate situated off deed, filled it with meat and after 2 full months the meat has'nt taken any damage, if this is the norm then why do we need FSB's

Something seems fishy about the decay rates on deed

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xxxpoisonxxx said:

Also did a test with a small crate situated off deed, filled it with meat and after 2 full months the meat has'nt taken any damage, if this is the norm then why do we need FSB's

Bulk storage (things inside crates, BSBs, FSBs) never take normal decay. Instead, they lose 5% of their contents in volume per month, unless on a deed with 30+ days upkeep.

As far as barrels decaying in racks... I've heard that before, and it's pretty bizarre! I'll need to test it out myself. If you can reproduce this, I suggest posting a thread in the Server Bugs subforum, because it is my understanding that small barrels should not be decaying on well-funded deeds.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

i have things inside house with 90+ days upkeep that taking alot of dmg, and i saw that test posion did aswell, but i dont know, atleast saying it perhaps do something, i cant run around on 2 servers and 2 deeds to repair all time, but atleast have a open eye here.

• Like 1

Most items on-deed still take damage. Lower quality items will take more damage than high quality items. If you think there's a bug, or something wrong with decay rates, you need to say which kinds of items are decaying, how quickly they're decaying, and what their quality is. Without knowing this, there's no way to tell whether your situation is normal.