Sign in to follow this  
Benie

Keep permissions on branded animal cross-server

Alright, I know the creature cages just came out a day ago, and I wasn't there for testing. Because if I was, I would be asking to keep permissions of branded animals cross-server (or some kind of new craftable nametag that says "It has been branded by and belongs to the settlement of {deed name} in {server name}").
If you have branded the animal, people should be able to see this brand on other servers (instead of saying "Wogic's the reason the brand magically disappears after crossing servers").

Now I realize most people are going to be against this, saying "Wurm isn't a soloable game, you're supposed to play with friends, or own a deed on every server." Not everyone has time, or wants to make friends, or have the money to afford deeds (including the upkeep) on every server (so they can explore every server with their horse).
That's why I say, a special branding or some kind of nametag (perhaps based on one's Animal Husbandry skill) could be attached to the creature cage (since you cannot attach items to the horse while its in the cage), that would transfer the permissions off-server.
Of course, the item should have decay.

10 serversĀ  10 deeds that is 10 silver per month upkeep total ... that dont hurt

Edited by Sila

It would mainly be for the PvE servers. And that cost doesn't cover the 4s and 21c per deed founding (which would be (in total)): 25s and 44c (not including the cost of my only deed).
That's a bit expensive (and also ridiculous). This is why I feel there needs to be an alternative means (that would be reasonable enough for both parties to agree with).

Edited by Benie

i was surprised when i first read that they would not stay cared for or branded now branded i could understand different server but still an animal tag that transfers that data over and says like the op posted "on this server" would be great just let us also keep them cared for if we have free slots please while your at it

+1