Sign in to follow this  
Niki

The red cherry

31 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

It isn't a question of changing the game in Niki's favor, and it really has nothing to do with tomes. Achieving "Winner" should always mean a nice reward, and the Red Cherry isn't.

It's that simple. Are you really in favor of people being awarded trash for Winner? Is that good for the game?

winning is easier to win tomes than winning valrei, but thats ok to get "trash"?  considering that we can win an unlimited amount of times yes I'm ok with it or we would just end up flooded with only good stuff like smokes and slimes and everyone in pvp would be stacked only with every great buff

33 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

winning is easier to win tomes than winning valrei, but thats ok to get "trash"?  considering that we can win an unlimited amount of times yes I'm ok with it or we would just end up flooded with only good stuff like smokes and slimes and everyone in pvp would be stacked only with every great buff

So, you're ok with people getting junk for winning. Sigh.

You do realize that tomes/PvP/etc. have nothing to do with the real problem?

19 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

the real problem

yeah the real problem is calling it "winning the game" when its really just "completed repairing some walls making some wine and did some other trivial tasks"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

yeah the real problem is calling it "winning the game" when its really just "completed repairing some walls making some wine and did some other trivial tasks"

That's the developers' decision, not ours, and in so doing, they created a customer expectation for a meaningful reward.

To then randomly -not- meet that expectation for a few "select" customers is bad management, bad business, and horribly off-putting, the very last thing Wurm needs.

Plain and simple, it's indefensible.

5 hours ago, Roccandil said:

It's that simple. Are you really in favor of people being awarded trash for Winner? Is that good for the game?

I mean, is expecting 300+ euro for repairing a bunch of fences and getting an alt to 90 skill on epic good for the game? If you farm your alts and get good tomes, good on ya doesn't effect anyone else nobody hears of it because you're happy. If you farm your alts, get bad tomes, then complain on the forums and expect them to change it just because you can't sell it? Sorry I really couldn't care less. Maybe if the post was for removing red white cherries wand of seas huge egg all that stuff before they won it it would have gotten a better audience, but the post just screams "I didn't get paid as much as i thought i would".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

I mean, is expecting 300+ euro for repairing a bunch of fences and getting an alt to 90 skill on epic good for the game? If you farm your alts and get good tomes, good on ya doesn't effect anyone else nobody hears of it because you're happy. If you farm your alts, get bad tomes, then complain on the forums and expect them to change it just because you can't sell it? Sorry I really couldn't care less. Maybe if the post was for removing red white cherries wand of seas huge egg all that stuff before they won it it would have gotten a better audience, but the post just screams "I didn't get paid as much as i thought i would".

Not my fault I keep winning all the junk tbh, I'm not doing it to profit either. I'm doing it to be competitive in pvp. As a gamer I play to be the best possible, so what's with some of you and your mindsets sometimes. You have similar goals, to be the best. I mean look whose talking, you hunt unique for tome charges. What the difference? Your competitive just like me in other ways, uniques just give me mental stress so I don't bother. 

Sometimes I think people need to take a step back, remember this is a game. A game that has hardly any players. We need to ask ourselves why as well. As I said previously I would be okay with a tome rework even. Until then I will keep trying to improve my character.

I agree the thread was made and a piss poor time, doesn't mean balance shouldn't happen. 

1 minute ago, Niki said:

I mean look whose talking, you hunt unique for tome charges. What the difference?

"You do thing so your opinion is irrelevant"? I don't go on the forums and complain when i get bad rng. I have like 10 charges of cherries myself, not including all the ones i used on my accounts. I really don't see why me hunting uniques has anything at all to do with the discussion, seeing as i'd benefit from them being buffed just as much as you. If anything, i'm arguing against a way for me to earn more money, solely because i think it's an unneeded change.

"doesn't mean balance shouldn't happen" Wurm has so many useless skills, tools, weapons, armors, etc. Except they're not useless, they just seem that way to you because you're looking to min-max everything for pvp so 99% of the games going to be useless junk to you. Power creep is already insane and if you brought every tome up to blood/smoke/slime levels all you'd do is make it worse. Got nothing against the remove/disable idea, that seems fine.

13 hours ago, Roccandil said:

So, you're ok with people getting junk for winning. Sigh.

You do realize that tomes/PvP/etc. have nothing to do with the real problem?

No I am not okay with them getting junk, I want people to get nothing at all.

• Like 1

Red Cherry :

• Spell granted: Karma Bolt (Causes 19 Damage Head Wound on target) ------- Useless
  • Resistance: Poison 15% (Decreases Poison damage taken by 15%) -------- Most useless thing in the game, nobody uses Poison, and even if they did, still almost no damage
  • Weakness: Physical 5% (Increases Physical damage taken by 5%) -------- Makes your character go back a level on SOTG permanently. It's as if you had 60 meditation skill and could never grind more . It's so bad i would consider doing a temporary stop to PVP untill it's out of the game. 

I would only allow this item to be a thing if the Spell granted was Truestrike or Continuum or something else equally good like +3 CR for the duration or something stupid good like that.

To anyone that thinks that red cherry is a good thing for the game as it is right now, Why don't you PVP in leather? Why dont you use 1 QL leather just to be sure that you're gonna die in one hit, and on top of that go path of knowledge so that you dont lose your precious useless skills cause your character's already bricked out of existance. 

Honestly if i got that out of my personal goals id do the same exact thing, complain about it on the forums, but Damn, if i got it twice in a row? id quit the game.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

wew lad, you are stretching quite a bit there. 1QL leather and path of knowledge is comparable to a 5% weakness that can be mitigated by the other tome?

Lmao 

• Like 2

Is a 5% weakness that game breaking in PVP?

thats .5 extra damage per 10 points. You’re gonna die in 1 hit then someone landed a 96 point shot on you in the first place and aren’t you dead then anyway really? Lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

wew lad, you are stretching quite a bit there. 1QL leather and path of knowledge is comparable to a 5% weakness that can be mitigated by the other tome?

Lmao 

Since you guys like items that break your character i suggested more 

7 minutes ago, Xor said:

Is a 5% weakness that game breaking in PVP?

thats .5 extra damage per 10 points. You’re gonna die in 1 hit then someone landed a 96 point shot on you in the first place and aren’t you dead then anyway really? Lol

Damage reduction doesn't work like that. Armour , SOTG , body strength, they all stack. That 5 % weakness is not going to kill you your first fight, not even your second, but the CHANCE of you actualyl going down goes up exponentially just because of that. I have a friend who PVP'd a long time at level 10 of insanity ( 24% damage reduction instead of 30% full sotg ) He died extremely fast when even just 2 people attacked him. 

13 hours ago, Roccandil said:

That's the developers' decision, not ours, and in so doing, they created a customer expectation for a meaningful reward.

To then randomly -not- meet that expectation for a few "select" customers is bad management, bad business, and horribly off-putting, the very last thing Wurm needs.

Plain and simple, it's indefensible.

Everyone knows the reward going into it. A random tome or wand or whatever 

this isn’t bad management. It’s a seriously way out of hand entitlement issue from some of their player base. 

Should they make sure they don’t give you the same tome you already received on an alt? Or it would be fine if you kept getting popular tomes so you could sell the charges?

you get a random item for “winning” by completing a random set of arbitrary goals

at this point it couldn’t be MORE obvious what happens for winning so if you don’t like the reward don’t bother. If you think it’s a balance issue in pvp just ask they all be removed. That seemed semi popular among them. 

This thread SCREAMS I need more money for this stupid item I don’t want. 

Its completely ridiculous, and to top it off some of you have an attitude like the Dev’s are the incompetent ones who put you in this situation!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Damage reduction doesn't work like that. Armour , SOTG , body strength, they all stack. That 5 % weakness is not going to kill you your first fight, not even your second, but the CHANCE of you actualyl going down goes up exponentially just because of that. I have a friend who PVP'd a long time at level 10 of insanity ( 24% damage reduction instead of 30% full sotg ) He died extremely fast when even just 2 people attacked him. 

5%.. or 6% is still only 5 or 6 hundredths of a total. Unless you’re tit for tat on hits and dmg it isn’t that big of a difference. 0 VS 30% would be a well recognizable difference.. but 5 or 6 is much less so. 

But.. even if it is huge and “character breaking”. Just don’t use it. Problem solved. There are like 20 different tomes. 

If they change the red cherry they should update the plank as a viable weapon because I choose to use it and want to be competitive. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xor said:

5%.. or 6% is still only 5 or 6 hundredths of a total. Unless you’re tit for tat on hits and dmg it isn’t that big of a difference. 0 VS 30% would be a well recognizable difference.. but 5 or 6 is much less so. 

But.. even if it is huge and “character breaking”. Just don’t use it. Problem solved. There are like 20 different tomes. 

If they change the red cherry they should update the plank as a viable weapon because I choose to use it and want to be competitive. 

yeah, just not use it, but you finish the game on 2 characters and get 2 red cherries, and then your enemy finishes the game on 3 characters and they get 3 slimes, How  do you feel about that?

There is always going to be something at the bottom of the list, always, change the red cherry then folks start bitching about the walnut, it will never please everyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

yeah, just not use it, but you finish the game on 2 characters and get 2 red cherries, and then your enemy finishes the game on 3 characters and they get 3 slimes, How  do you feel about that?

I'd feel like you AND your enemy were only able to use 1 charge each on your main toon.. and sell the rest.. so we're back to being upset about not profiting enough off your "win".

Id feel like they hit a better RNG lottery than me which IS wurm... because almost everything is RNG in this game. I wouldn't complain if they got lucky and made a few fantastic weapons they were gonna be whacking at me with.. i doubt you would either.. but who knows after seeing this thread there might be a whole group of people crying about that too.

Open a post for removal or a rework on all tomes and you'll probably have my support. . . or keep trying to win and hope the RNG favors you next time

Complain about the tome you keep getting isn't good enough to resell or make you beat them is never gonna get any sympathy.. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xor said:

I'd feel like you AND your enemy were only able to use 1 charge each on your main toon.. and sell the rest.. so we're back to being upset about not profiting enough off your "win".

Excuse me? Nobody in my kingdom sold any tomes actually, you have no idea what you're talking about and put up arguments like this with 0 facts whatsoever. Not everyone is a greedy pig and you don't have a right to say Anybody is without proof. 

Also, im saying all this on Niki's thread. Niki is enemy kingdom.

Also, i talked about the functionality of the tome, not the price. Never have i mentioned the price of red cherry in comparison to the price of any other tome

Edited by Gladiator

9 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Not everyone is a greedy pig and you don't have a right to say Anybody is without proof. 

Man-Woman-Laughing-1oo4yl6.jpg

Anyone can say anything they want unless against forum or chat rules.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Excuse me? Nobody in my kingdom sold any tomes actually, you have no idea what you're talking about and put up arguments like this with 0 facts whatsoever. Not everyone is a greedy pig and you don't have a right to say Anybody is without proof. 

Also, im saying all this on Niki's thread. Niki is enemy kingdom

You're probably right, I dont know you, but this whole thread is ripe with that kind of smell. 

Sorry if i've offended you, but if you're not in favor of re-balancing or removing all the tomes, you're not for actual balance and just out to improve your share of this item you have deemed useless which is no different than trying to sell them for profit.. I'll stand behind that opinion and plant it on anyone else crying the same as you. ?‍♂️

Do you think it was unfair your friend had a 6% disadvantage for not being full SOTG that you mentioned earlier? or is it completely fair since he had the same means to get to where they were? Because that applies to tomes too...

Edited by Xor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xor said:

you're not for actual balance and just out to improve your share of this item you have deemed useless which is no different than trying to sell them for profit.. I'll stand behind that opinion and plant it on anyone else crying the same as you. ?‍♂️

Ok first of all. How is me thinking a tome is useless  =  me not wanting the game to be balanced ??? WTF is wrong with that judgement?

Second of all, How is me thinking a tome is useless = me trying to sell for profit ? All i want is to play a PVP game in which RNG doesn't change the outcome of my battles with the enemy : Example : TC gets 100 slime of uttachas and WU get 100 red cherries and we lose all battles between us henceforth. I dont want that you see?

Third of all, how is my thinking a tome is useless = me crying? Im also not just "thinking" it, i KNOW it, ITS A FACT DUDE, A FACT!  You know what a fact is?

10 minutes ago, Xor said:
2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Ok first of all. How is me thinking a tome is useless  =  me not wanting the game to be balanced ??? WTF is wrong with that judgement?

Second of all, How is me thinking a tome is useless = me trying to sell for profit ? All i want is to play a PVP game in which RNG doesn't change the outcome of my battles with the enemy : Example : TC gets 100 slime of uttachas and WU get 100 red cherries and we lose all battles between us henceforth. I dont want that you see?

Third of all, how is my thinking a tome is useless = me crying? Im also not just "thinking" it, i KNOW it, ITS A FACT DUDE, A FACT!  You know what a fact is?

Do you think it was unfair your friend had a 6% disadvantage for not being full SOTG that you mentioned earlier? or is it completely fair since he had the same means to get to where they were? Because that applies to tomes too...

If TC got 100 Fantastic max enchanted sickles and you got 100 50ql iron shortswords that wouldn't be fair either.. 

3 minutes ago, Xor said:

If TC got 100 Fantastic max enchanted sickles and you got 100 50ql iron shortswords that wouldn't be fair either.. 

If TC got 100 fantastic max enchanted sickles by the same means as WU would be getting 100 50ql iron shortswords  then yes, it would not be fair . What's your point?