Sign in to follow this  
Niki

The red cherry

+1 for changing red cherry somehow useful, i would be fine if dev's added more options for poison dmg in the game and make it a bit more powerfull, so it would be viable choice in weapons, or just make just few tweaks what it gives as bonus or weakness. Now i just had to throw the reward for completing the game to bank since there is no point ever using it on its current state. Even if it is meant to be counter to smoke of sol or either way, still i rather use smoke of sol on its own since no poison dmg users in game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

yes, but it's doable if he really wanted to is more the point.  or he could get 70 on freedom and then on epic go unfaithful and mine only 90ql veins/walls and sermon faith back

Dude! :P The point is that I might as well roll a new toon. It would be -much- easier.

As it turns out, I just discovered that priests can't repair walls/fences/floors, either, so all of my priests are categorically blocked from completing their goals. :(

14 hours ago, Themystrix said:

+1 for changing red cherry somehow useful, i would be fine if dev's added more options for poison dmg in the game and make it a bit more powerfull, so it would be viable choice in weapons, or just make just few tweaks what it gives as bonus or weakness. Now i just had to throw the reward for completing the game to bank since there is no point ever using it on its current state. Even if it is meant to be counter to smoke of sol or either way, still i rather use smoke of sol on its own since no poison dmg users in game.

Themystrix has Won The Game and receives the red cherry! :D dont worry, ill use the pattern and do the +1 on sunday/monday when i get a red cherry also. Just for the kicks.  This thread still feels like - i got a bad thing(some did twice) so buff my bad thing. Its like if anyone got a rare bone from unqiue and say like hey man.... rare bone is not as good as supreme or fantastic, why do they even drop, maybe make it so i can use on 5 items. Now i know... but red cherry gives bad resistances, and takes alot of value off the account +  the spell isnt cool and nice.. well meh. Maybe make it so that all tomes give 1% of resistance in everything. So get all tomes and you get that amount of %. Maybe then its all and nice? Maybe also you take off the spells, because of balance, cause if people manage to get stone skin or true hit and i only get summon worg... well that is bad game design. /s

Edited by Wulfgarr
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

Themystrix has Won The Game and receives the red cherry! 

Aye, i was told i should come here to whine like so many others do. :) but still... the cherry is crap price for completing the game. There are others too, i know.

Maybe on the new system there would be a lot more goals, but more that helps you along the wurm life. From a fresh toon to veteran, goals that drives you forward and explains about mechanics or something. Small prices to motivate learning and playing and then after loong list of goals completed, you get a chance to win special tome or something else cool like scale set instead and with 2-3 tries on arena against special creature. Nogump? Tweaked Kyklops?

Maybe a bad idea, but... had to share :)

I remember seeing 10% physical weakness about red cherry in wurmpedia.. and now its 5%.. or am i seeing things? If its 5%, then i guess its not -that- bad... how many poison dmg dealers we have? venom, fungus trap dunno if that was? We should have more, then it would be ok to use.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Themystrix said:

I remember seeing 10% physical weakness about red cherry in wurmpedia.. and now its 5%.. or am i seeing things? If its 5%, then i guess its not -that- bad... how many poison dmg dealers we have? venom, fungus trap dunno if that was? We should have more, then it would be ok to use.

Long ago it used to be 30% weakness, long ago it was balanced with the rest to be 5% weakness

• Like 1

If we collect all the tomes can we just get all of the debuffs removed. :D

Then there's an incentive to collect even the bad ones then that literally serve no purpose.

• Like 1

Id go one step forward, maybe if you use all of the tomes you can pray at one of the special tiles (love, knowledge, insanity, hate) and accordingly you get one permanent buff like 10% dr, 10% skillgain, 10% damage,  some love effect. This way the useless tomes become important in the big picture.

Edited by Wulfgarr

Or something cooler, maybe you can choose between like 10% faster timers, faster swings, increased chance of affinities or 5% higher creation ql. This would end the crazy dr race.

Have it so the tome/cherry doesn't give you the actual buff but rather the option to choose the buff from a list?

This would cause all to be of equal value at least.

Edited by armyskin
More info
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, armyskin said:

Have it so the tome/cherry doesn't give you the actual buff but rather the option to choose the buff from a list?

This would cause all to be of equal value at least.

Would be no need to have all the different variety. Perhaps change it to just some “mythical tome” or something similar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xallo said:

If we collect all the tomes can we just get all of the debuffs removed. :D

Then there's an incentive to collect even the bad ones then that literally serve no purpose.

No

• Like 1

I'm really disappointed ... I have a good character, many years of playing, this prize is like a slap in the face... For me it was not worth trying to finish the goals..
Much of the west, compared to my friends' rewards, the game treated me just not fair.. I understand its random, but still ..Also some goals impossible for my priest..like imp stuff ..

Edited by Irbiska
  • Like 2

Can we address this so my friends stop making fun of me please 

Kinda silly so many years later this thing is still in the game. Please fix it and fix shield bashing too. No one can skill that skill past 50 for real. 

13 hours ago, elentari said:

Kinda silly so many years later this thing is still in the game. Please fix it and fix shield bashing too. No one can skill that skill past 50 for real. 

past 50? just put in some effort

1 hour ago, Trash said:

past 50? just put in some effort

Hope you are sarcastic.