Sign in to follow this  
Niki

The red cherry

I mean the red cherry is pretty much complete trash.

But I also hate all the tomes so yeah.

22 hours ago, Ekib said:

-1...before fixing tomes.. making it so people can get access to them first sounds like a higher priority

No, Tomes should have been hard to get. Tomes should have stayed on Epic. Tomes should not be even easier to get then they already are, Uniques, and Personal goals provide all the tomes you should ever need.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 2

I'm sorry but.. all I heard upon reading OP was "Buffs, please?"

So pretty much, you got a Red Cherry and you don't want to spend the extra silver to get yourself a Smoke of Sol which already counteracts the effect of the debuff  by normal means inside the game, and even stacks a little on top.

Instead we're just crying out to the devs for Buffs. I hope they have more sense than that.

Yeah, sure guys, let's make the one side that already munches through these things like PEZ candies even stronger.. /endsarcasm

EDIT: If we were going to give players the ability to toggle on and off their tome bonuses, I would REALLY hope this wouldn't be allowed on a per-tome basis. Spending 20,000 Karma will instantly disable ALL of your tome effects and karma spells. I would hope the cost to have them reinstated would be even higher, some 50,000, just to make it harder to abuse.

Edited by whereami

It is no different than any of the other tomes, it is your choice if you want to use it or not.

I don't feel like qouting anyone out but to all the -1's

The question is why would you ever use a cherry? I feel like because my name is Niki, I made a thread about a broken tome and by chance I won a cherry for the second time you guys want to to troll me? I get it, but it's dumb and it's actually getting quite old. Especially on constructive topics that really need to be considered.  This goes for everyone who is against, your illogical sorry to say. YOU WOULDN'T USE A RED CHERRY WITH A SMOKE. 10% is greater than 5% basic math.

Cherry is a table decoration now, that's a really good addition but I'd like to be able to use it.

Keep this thread constructive and stop with the qq kingdom pvp stuff thanks. No one cares.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niki said:

YOU WOULDN'T USE A RED CHERRY WITH A SMOKE

I have, on two accounts ?

The difference in damage is negligible, a 10 dmg wound becomes 10.5 dmg, big whoop.  I used the same reason as I used every single other tome, I wanted to collect all of the spells and have buffs across the board, min/maxing is so insignificant in this case that it really is just complaining for the sake of complaining, sell it if you dont want it.  But as is, buffing a red cherry just ends up buffing people that already used a smoke/red cherry, which is change against improving pvp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

The difference in damage is negligible, a 10 dmg wound becomes 10.5 dmg, big whoop.

But that 0.5 damage makes the game literally unplayable! /s

16 hours ago, Niki said:

I don't feel like qouting anyone out but to all the -1's

The question is why would you ever use a cherry? I feel like because my name is Niki, I made a thread about a broken tome and by chance I won a cherry for the second time you guys want to to troll me? I get it, but it's dumb and it's actually getting quite old. Especially on constructive topics that really need to be considered.  This goes for everyone who is against, your illogical sorry to say. YOU WOULDN'T USE A RED CHERRY WITH A SMOKE. 10% is greater than 5% basic math.

Cherry is a table decoration now, that's a really good addition but I'd like to be able to use it.

Keep this thread constructive and stop with the qq kingdom pvp stuff thanks. No one cares.

Just ask all the people who already have used one... 5% is such a tiny bit it won't even be noticeable just think about the hardest hit you've taken and add that 5%... it might amount to 1.5-2 in some extreme truestrike hits. Unless you're min maxing it's not going to matter and if you are just sell it to the endless stream of tome buyers.

Edit: You could start by talking to a few of the arch mages in TC.

Edited by Maximillian

On 6/8/2018 at 7:53 PM, MrGARY said:

I have, on two accounts ?

The difference in damage is negligible, a 10 dmg wound becomes 10.5 dmg, big whoop.  I used the same reason as I used every single other tome, I wanted to collect all of the spells and have buffs across the board, min/maxing is so insignificant in this case that it really is just complaining for the sake of complaining, sell it if you dont want it.  But as is, buffing a red cherry just ends up buffing people that already used a smoke/red cherry, which is change against improving pvp

Regardless of whether or not you used it, the Red Cherry is effectively useless, and the naysayer arguments boil down to "it's been like that for years, don't change it now".

I'm very glad that during my time playing the developers have shown the opposite proclivity.

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

Regardless of whether or not you used it, the Red Cherry is effectively useless, and the naysayer arguments boil down to "it's been like that for years, don't change it now".

I'm very glad that during my time playing the developers have shown the opposite proclivity.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=balance

• Like 2

-1 Don't use it if you don't like the buffs/debuffs or the spell.  It used to be 15% if i remember right and now lowered to 5%. Smoke counters it and even adds a bit

2 hours ago, Tor said:

-1 Don't use it if you don't like the buffs/debuffs or the spell.  It used to be 15% if i remember right and now lowered to 5%. Smoke counters it and even adds a bit

Smoke is not a counter or a balance of any kind, because one may use Smoke without using the Red Cherry, and vice versa. The obvious min/max move is to use Smoke and not the Cherry. No real gameplay decision is involved.

Most tomes, however, are clearly useful; thus getting a Red Cherry (especially for something like "Winner") is a slap in the face from the game. The developers are effectively saying, "yeah, you did something cool, but we're just going to randomly deny you a commensurate reward".

That's horrible customer service.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Smoke is not a counter or a balance of any kind, because one may use Smoke without using the Red Cherry, and vice versa. The obvious min/max move is to use Smoke and not the Cherry. No real gameplay decision is involved.

Most tomes, however, are clearly useful; thus getting a Red Cherry (especially for something like "Winner") is a slap in the face from the game. The developers are effectively saying, "yeah, you did something cool, but we're just going to randomly deny you a commensurate reward".

That's horrible customer service.

The people in this thread that are against have no idea how important it is in PvP to have DR, or they know but don't want enemies having DR or they want them to brick their accounts. Or you have people who have no idea what they're talking about. 

There isn't "balance" it's just dumb, the karma spell is just dumb, the tome is JUST DUMB! Why would you sacrifice 10% DR with smoke and add a worthless tome to make that 5%. Are you mad Gary? Come to chaos so we can kill you please.

Rocc, the kicker is I've got 2 red cherries, and a wand of the seas. So far. I took it to the devs and asked if I'm being punished even, tbh I think I am but they deny it.

Edited by Niki

It is just dumb how you are complaining about the tome, it is balanced in give or take like all the other tombs. Just because you didn't get one worth 6g or some crazy amount is no reason to complain. Suck it up, if you really feel that put out, win the game again on your alt.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

It is just dumb how you are complaining about the tome, it is balanced in give or take like all the other tombs. Just because you didn't get one worth 6g or some crazy amount is no reason to complain. Suck it up, if you really feel that put out, win the game again on your alt.

I'm asking for actual balance, complaining about is a step in the right direction sometimes. I personally wouldn't be against them removing the physical DR either if that's what it takes.

16 minutes ago, Niki said:

I'm asking for actual balance, complaining about is a step in the right direction sometimes. I personally wouldn't be against them removing the physical DR either if that's what it takes.

It is balanced the same as every other tome, they each have a counter tome, one gives and one takes a bit away. 

Tomes aren't balanced as single random items. Tomes are a part of more complex system of sorcery. And all tomes are perfectly balanced in terms of this system. 

None said that a single item must be balanced to fit everyone's joy, it's a whole sorcery that is balanced by these tomes. If you don't want to enjoy a whole system, it's up to you. But you can't just unbalance whole sorcery because of one poor item for own entertain. 

That's why I'm still -1 and once again I'll state my opinion- if you want to change Red Cherry, let's change also smoke of sol or perhaps all tomes. But don't turn those items to give only profits because it's not the way. If we wanna get rid of Red Cherry debuff, let's remove/ change also Smoke buff. If we want to change red Cherry spell, it probably still won't satisfy everyone, and we'd have to consider if the spell doesn't break sorcery balance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

It is just dumb how you (and others) are refusing to see that most tomes are a nice reward for something like "Winner", while the Red Cherry is just trash.

That isn't balanced, that isn't right, that isn't good business. It's like putting in extra effort at work to get a bonus that for everyone else is 500 euros, only to randomly get a 20E gift card to a fruit shop.

You'd have every right to complain in that case, and to anyone saying "suck it up", "try again next year", well, the forum rules probably forbid me from continuing. :P

1 hour ago, Alkhadias said:

Tomes aren't balanced as single random items. Tomes are a part of more complex system of sorcery. And all tomes are perfectly balanced in terms of this system.

Not true. Tomes can be used individually, without regard to any "balancing" tomes. If you -had- to use the Red Cherry and Smoke together, then I might concede balance, but otherwise, no.

The idea of this "perfectly-balanced sorcery system" is trash.

So to fix this everyone should 'win' the exact same reward?

• Like 1

Until the devs can take a hard look at the entire sorcery system, I'd just disable the Red Cherry as a possible reward.

Leave the existing Red Cherries alone, perhaps their value goes up a bit (not a bad thing, I'd say), but add no new ones. Maybe even let people do a one-time trade-in of Red Cherries for another random tome (now that would spike the value of Red Cherries!).

While I was at it, I'd probably do the same thing with the White Tome, unless PvEers on Freedom like it. The rest of the tomes look fine as rewards.

6 hours ago, Niki said:

There isn't "balance" it's just dumb, the karma spell is just dumb, the tome is JUST DUMB! Why would you sacrifice 10% DR with smoke and add a worthless tome to make that 5%. Are you mad Gary? Come to chaos so we can kill you please.

So its not balanced just because you want to cry that its dumb, and its dumb just because you said so, but anyone saying anything different than your perfect vision is mad?  Arrogance much?  Just because you fail to see how one tome giving positive dr and one tome giving negative dr is balanced doesn't mean it isn't.

Just because you got mad at people winning the game on alts and then decided to do exactly what you complained about and got no good rewards doesn't mean the game should be changed in your favor.  Keep putting in hard work and winning, exactly as others have done, maybe you'll get something that fits your perfect world.  For the record, we've won a white cherry... twice.  just as you've won two red cherries which tbh I had absolutely no idea you won two until you said so, and the white cherry is actually pure uselessness, water buff and disease weakness with a spell that is absolutely useless, 0.01 more damage on an enemy's weapon woohoo, it's crap, but you didn't see us crying on forums to bend the game to fit our needs, we sold one and went back to win more tomes

I'd say good luck and have fun but maybe you'd get a third red cherry

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tor said:

What about people who used it before knowing the effects? When you get an item from a Unique, you'd expect it to not debuff your account an insane amount, PERMANENTLY.

There should at least be a way to toggle it using like 5k Karma + 1 month cooldown.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Niki said:

The people in this thread that are against have no idea how important it is in PvP to have DR, or they know but don't want enemies having DR or they want them to brick their accounts. Or you have people who have no idea what they're talking about. 

Rocc, the kicker is I've got 2 red cherries, and a wand of the seas. So far. I took it to the devs and asked if I'm being punished even, tbh I think I am but they deny it.

If you check the -1s you will see most poeple -1d have 2-3x experience on pvp servers and thus dr. than you, i have played chaos for 3-4 yeara, gary been on epic for 99 years etc.I am sorry you got 6 charges but that doesnt mean it should be changed. For xallo suggestion idc, make it turn off, sure. And i have red cherry used on epic and if i get one on freedom i am gonna use it,  the difference is not that big seeing how the min/max dr, weight, cr, alcohol and another dumb amount of stuff you have to work with in the pvp is. We shouldnt change the game cause someone got something which will lower the value of account or isn as expensive as others. So im sticking to my -1. Oh and i am pretty sure alot of pvers would use it for title so its not useless, just less valueable and not desired on pvp server.

Edited by Wulfgarr

Niki, please stop acting like you are personally being victimized in this thread as if people -1ing it have a personal vendetta against you. People can disagree with you, people disagree with me all the time and I do not think its because of my affiliations. 

When you look at the red cherry from a completely subjective point of view as I do, I recognize that the cherry in general is trash if used alone. But a 15% poison reduction for a 5% physical increase is really not game breakingly broken. Especially when it can be counter acted with the smoke, and additional DR through SotG. It used to be insanely broken and was fixed by reducing the debuff to 5% over the what I remember 10%. I get your point as well Xallo, it is really unfortunate, and the only thing I would suggest is maybe a function similar to the meditation "change paths" option, where you can straight up opt out of your charge.

I am not going to give this a -1 or a +1 because the end result is unlikely to effect me or my gameplay other than make my enemies stronger, and I do not feel a change is entirely necessary.

I still want all tomes off Epic, because it is a feature for Freedom/Chaos now.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Just because you got mad at people winning the game on alts and then decided to do exactly what you complained about and got no good rewards doesn't mean the game should be changed in your favor.

It isn't a question of changing the game in Niki's favor, and it really has nothing to do with tomes. Achieving "Winner" should always mean a nice reward, and the Red Cherry isn't.

It's that simple. Are you really in favor of people being awarded trash for Winner? Is that good for the game?