Sign in to follow this  
Niki

The red cherry

Can we possibly make these useful? It's a tome no one wants because the physical debuff, the karma spell is pretty bad also and it bricks your account. Smoke of sol gives +10% which is like a mini SoTG. 

a541bb34bd88bdaa5ddfc7af49fc6dee.png

• Like 2

Yes, or a way to disable a tome's buff/debuff/spell by spending Karma on it to turn it off, and Karma to turn it back on.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

What do you mean by "bricks your account"?

"Bricking” essentially means a device has turned into a brick. It may be an electronic device worth hundreds of dollars, but it's now as useful as a brick (or perhaps a paperweight). A bricked device won't power on and function normally. A bricked device cannot be fixed through normal means."

In this case, account value drops.

You take 5% more damage from melee attacks, if you pvp this puts you at a disadvantage, the end game is to stack DR "Damage Resistance" to outplay your enemy to some degree. On freedom those trolls are going to hit you 5% more, if you're wearing plate you'll die even faster.

Shield of the Gone "SoTG" gives 30% DR - Thanks.

Edited by Niki

So essentially you didn't get what you wanted and you now want it changed?

• Like 8

To say nobody would want it is silly... The tome isn't great for pvp but it's got a counter like the other tomes. You could still get a stupid price per charge if you wanted.

• Like 2

+1

To be more specific, for PvP, the Red Cherry is a clear "don't-use", while Smoke from Sol is a gimme.

I recently, however, got a Scroll of Binding. I don't know much about its spell, but the resistance buff (+15% crush) and penalty (-10% cut) were interesting enough that I started thinking about the new Epic armor rules and how I could min/max to exploit the tome.

It's not a clear use or don't use, and -that- I like. Interesting choices make for good gameplay.

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pride said:

No, this affects everyone

There is absolutely no reason ever to use a Red Cherry. Using it actually hurts your account. Sure it has a counter. You could use a Red Cherry for a 5% physical penalty and nothing useful and then use a Smoke of Sol and turn it into a +5% physical, or you can NOT use a Red Cherry and get a +10% with no real penalties. 

Its clearly broken and should be addressed. 

+1

• Like 3

-1 it has it's counter tome like every else. If we'd change red cherry, then we should also all others, because why not? Someone don't like something and we should change it immediately? It's not a right way. Not everything's supposed to please us on every corner. People who need to use this tome just have to consider it twice.

The only other reasonable way is to remove physical debuff from cherry, as well as getting rid of physical buff frome smoke.

+1 - there should be a good consideration "do I want to get this resistance but this weakness" - for some of them, it's a no brainer - the resistance sucks, and the weakness is an important one. if it has a sucky resistance, it should also have a sucky weakness, like the white cherry and blood of the angels do. If the resistance is a useless one and the weakness if actually very painful for the account, the tome should have a very good spell associated with it to make up for that.

• Like 5

-1...before fixing tomes.. making it so people can get access to them first sounds like a higher priority

19 hours ago, Pride said:

When I used the Red Cherry, I wasn't aware of the crappy de-buffs because there was no documentation on Sorcery yet.

So, I would like to see a way to disable them (requiring Karma), seeing as it permanently does something negative to your account that you have no control over once you've used the item.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ekib said:

-1...before fixing tomes.. making it so people can get access to them first sounds like a higher priority

10 of them have been given out in the last 24h. They're quite accessible.

19 hours ago, Niki said:

No, this affects everyone

Then why did you only post this after you won it?

-1 tomes need counters and this is the counter to a smoke, so while it might not be the first choice it still brings balance to the system.  5% more damage is so insignificant that if you were going to die suddenly because of it then a tome is the least of your concerns, and I've used red cherry on both of my main accounts too

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Then why did you only post this after you won it?

-1 tomes need counters and this is the counter to a smoke, so while it might not be the first choice it still brings balance to the system.  5% more damage is so insignificant that if you were going to die suddenly because of it then a tome is the least of your concerns, and I've used red cherry on both of my main accounts too

How does the Red Cherry provide any counter balance? You may have chosen to use it, but that's you. No one who gets it -has- to use it; no one. We can use Smoke from Sol without ever using the Red Cherry.

Furthermore, the whole "5% is too small to matter" is hand-waving. From a number-crunching, min-maxing PVP perspective, I see no reason to use the Red Cherry. Every 5% adds up.

Now, if the Red Cherry spell were a monster, that would be different. Then I'd be balancing losing 5% physical resistance to getting something powerful. Or, if there were a new weapon type/enchant doing massive poison damage, such that the poison resistance became valuable, then the Red Cherry might be worth it.

Otherwise, no, it provides neither a counter nor a balance. It's just a disappointment, made more so because of the lost gameplay opportunity it represents.

Im sorry i have to -1 this also, cant really change the whole tome system because one of them is bad. Its easy, don´t use it. If you want titles on freedom no one cares for debuff and i am sorry, but logic that if i use something to get more dr and this squats it for pvp, is basically telling, this is not usefull for me, change it! So overall a -1 from me.  I know it sucks when you get one or even two ;), but that is not a reason to change it. And i am pretty sure in 20 lava fiends i will get a red cherry also, but i am more of a titlewhore sooo i will be mm okei, oh well :)

Edited by Wulfgarr
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Roccandil said:

How does the Red Cherry provide any counter balance? You may have chosen to use it, but that's you. No one who gets it -has- to use it; no one. We can use Smoke from Sol without ever using the Red Cherry.

Furthermore, the whole "5% is too small to matter" is hand-waving. From a number-crunching, min-maxing PVP perspective, I see no reason to use the Red Cherry. Every 5% adds up.

Now, if the Red Cherry spell were a monster, that would be different. Then I'd be balancing losing 5% physical resistance to getting something powerful. Or, if there were a new weapon type/enchant doing massive poison damage, such that the poison resistance became valuable, then the Red Cherry might be worth it.

Otherwise, no, it provides neither a counter nor a balance. It's just a disappointment, made more so because of the lost gameplay opportunity it represents.

No one forces you to use red cherry, i think changing it now, would be not a good idea and i do not support change one mechanic so it will be usefull in pvp. Alot of people in Pve would buy it for titles and stuff. I know it might have been intented 8 years ago as Epic thing and it did not make so much sense back then there, but at this time i see no point of changing it because its "not as good as other tomes". Its 1 out of all the tomes, so i like the excitment. 

Edited by Wulfgarr
Gonna reword it :)

having a massive karma cost on disabling a tome's entirety could be useful(like insanely high) add in a month cooldown before being able to activate it again would get my +1

changing the tome itself a -1

• Like 2

On 6/7/2018 at 5:09 AM, Xallo said:

Yes, or a way to disable a tome's buff/debuff/spell by spending Karma on it to turn it off, and Karma to turn it back on.

this man has good ideas sometimes!

On 6/7/2018 at 5:05 AM, Pride said:

tbh people complained about red cherry since it's existence, it's a pretttty bad setup, you'd expect something like the slime to have the -5 physical, since you're getting a good spell, but this just sucks all round lmao

Useless spell + literally going back a level on your SOTG. Why would anyone want that. She's right about bricking your account.

21 hours ago, Ekib said:

• Like 1