Sign in to follow this  
Borgir

[Solved] LF a populated map

Hello,

this may sound like a strange request (it probably is), but I'm looking for someone willing to share a populated map (with existing villages, players, ruins, caves, etc...).

I'm testing some home-made single player mods and I could use a more "realistic" map than the current Adventure one.

I understand this could pose possible privacy/security issues for an active online server. It's strictly for my personal use. Even an old, obsolete data files would be fine.

Thanks a lot! 

Edited by Borgir

Here's a zip archive of the wyvern server when it initially went offline in late 2016:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GtQBFgMMIehOsXG9NYFu3-Jfw1XknAH5

It contains nearly 1 million items and 925 deeds. It's a 4k by 4k map with a lot of content and will likely take 5-10 minutes to load.

There's no harm in sharing this because many people downloaded these exact same files when the server initially went offline in 2016.

Here's a quick image of how it looked back then:

eRuzjYE.png

• Like 3

The wurmitems.db seems to be corrupted little bit (pragma integrity_check), but after fixing it I was able to update it and run the map.

Thanks again :)

T1kwDmq.jpg

Edited by Borgir

how did you fix it will not update and could only get map to work no deeds or anything on it

3 hours ago, thefurtrader said:

how did you fix it will not update and could only get map to work no deeds or anything on it

Well, I haven't had much time yesterday, so I just deleted all records for now. That's why there are no crates, carts, market stalls, etc. on my screenshot.

But I'll try to fix it properly today. The usual way is to export all data (from all tables inside the .db file) in the SQL format, then import it back again. That should fix it, hopefully.

Edited by Borgir

Fixed and updated (1.6.3.2) map:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_94IlznRk0UkGTI75Olv8NC3GX1JeJlx

I deleted a large amount of items - various junk (dirt, lumps, grass, scraps, logs...), server mods related items (templateid > 22000), etc...

But there's still more than 400k items left in the database.

The original server was modded so there probably will be more issues, but it seems to be playable :)

RyjhWUT.jpg

Edited by Borgir

The original server only had a few modded items. Running it without mods should work perfectly fine, it will just error on things like the depth drill.

Glad you could get it up and running. Hope it fits what you were looking for.

9 hours ago, Sindusk said:

The original server only had a few modded items. Running it without mods should work perfectly fine, it will just error on things like the depth drill.

Glad you could get it up and running. Hope it fits what you were looking for.

It's great. Better than I expected. Thanks again for sharing. I really appreciate it.

On 12/27/2019 at 1:29 PM, marcaozera said:

could anyone upgrade to the latest version?

If you are using this on your LAN, it's very easy to update it yourself.

Extract the Wyvern folder into your Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder.

When you start Wurm Dedicated, you'll find Wyvern on the drop-down menu of maps to choose from.

After you choose Wyvern, it will say it needs to be updated, and there will be a button to click to update it.

After that, just launch the world!

Just a note, though.  My custom 4K maps take about 30-90 seconds to load up and start, but Wyvern took a full 13 minutes.  There were lots of pauses where I got the message "not responding" but I just waited it out and eventually the game launched.  Well worth the wait, too!

Edited by Batta

This is awesome, but there are some annoyances.  Is it at all possible to easily change ownership of deeds, bins, or buildings?  Hell, if I could just change every single one on the server with a few clicks, that would be grand.  But I assume that if it's possible at all, it's a pain in the butt that has to be done for each and every single thing.

I'm having an issue with this map and I'm not sure why.  I started up a new deed in an unclaimed area and every time I try to plan a building, it crashes the offline server.

Edit: This seems to be related to the BiggerHouses mod, though I've not had any issues with it elsewhere.

Edited by JackBinimbul