Sign in to follow this  
Niki

New archaeology stuff

What has everyone found so far?

I have only found fragments for 4 new statues so far.

Statue of kyklops [46 parts]

Statue of mountain lion [46 parts]

Statue of rift beast [46 parts]

Statue of guard [93 parts]

I was hoping for kingdom creature statues, especially boar. Maybe next archaeology update.

Way too many gold and zinc items made from metal type fragments. All useless. Into the trash it goes.

Haven't found any alloy types yet. They seem to be harder to find than masks. 90 archaeology perhaps?

1 hour ago, Fabricant said:

Haven't found any alloy types yet. They seem to be harder to find than masks. 90 archaeology perhaps?

Metal type is restoration based, not archaeology 

39 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Do we know which gifts are attainable?

Edited by Wulfgarr

[20:56:54] You successfully recreate a garden gnome from the fragments.

24 minutes ago, cccdfern said:

[20:56:54] You successfully recreate a garden gnome from the fragments.

I know also of santa hat and valentines + yule goat

got a yule reindeer :), so guessing random from the past years gifts

Yeah but how much from past, is mbok, bok, summerhat, trans liquid etc included?

I got a firework pack.

From what I understand it is best to avoid making the gift to keep receiving pieces.

Also I got a rift beast piece and mountain lion.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Interesting. Will using the correct tool increases the chances? I've been using the opposite tool for skill gain.

1 minute ago, Fabricant said:

Interesting. Will using the correct tool increases the chances? I've been using the opposite tool for skill gain.

Each identify action increases the end result, so using the correct tool, high ql, and high skill will all influence the end results, including:

• Enchants
  • Runes
  • Metal type

So using the correct tool will increase your success rate, improve your chances for better/multiple runes and enchants, and now improve the metal type, from base metals, to alloys, to moon metals. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Each identify action increases the end result, so using the correct tool, high ql, and high skill will all influence the end results, including:

• Enchants
  • Runes
  • Metal type

So using the correct tool will increase your success rate, improve your chances for better/multiple runes and enchants, and now improve the metal type, from base metals, to alloys, to moon metals. 

I've been doing it wrong the entire time. I can't believe it. Thank you Retro. I promise no more crude knifes will be sent your way.

• Like 1

From the picture of anniversary item, in an email advertisement, I see 14 different items in total and here they are:

1. 2017: Saddle sacks
  2. 2016: Picnic basket
  3. 2015: Yule reindeer
  4. 2015: Valentines pottery 
  5. 2014: Yule goat
  6. 2013: Snow lantern
  7. 2012: Soft cap
  8. 2011: Garden gnome (red hat)
  9. 2010: Fireworks
  10. Garden gnome (green hat). Think people are calling it a bloody gnome.
  11. Troll mask
  12. Mask of the rebirth
  13. Knapsack

14. An unknown item that looks kinda like the saddle sack except I'm pretty sure it's not. I'd guess it's a bag of keeping.

Of course, just because I don't see it in the email picture doesn't mean it's not another option.

Edited by joedobo
to make a nice list

4 minutes ago, joedobo said:

Anniversary gifts estimate:

From the picture, in an email advertisement, I see all the Christmas gifts up to 2010. There are 14 different items in total. 9 for the gifts up to 2010, two masks (a troll looking one and  Mask of rebirth), bloody gnome (green hat PlayerAuctions promotion), and two unknown items. Of those two unknown items, one is question mark bag and the other looks kinda like the saddle sacks. I'd guess its a bag of keeping and sculpting wand for the last two.

The question mark bag is a knapsack. 80ql, made of leather.

Saddle sacks are in the item pool, somebody got them: [00:43:41] <Bones> [00:30:30] You successfully recreate a saddle sacks from the fragments.

The troll mask was a limited time item only dropped by trolls during Halloween 2017.

The mask of rebirth is originally from the Midsummers event on Xanadu back in June 2017. The wiki doesn't mention that.

Alt got a garden gnome, red hat and says he is ready for Christmas, so wonder if that's the one that plays music, can't remember. Interesting my main got the gift pretty quickly but the alt got the 3 fragments out of 47 total, not counting ofc all the times there was nothing. No skill to start with though, still the 1/15 chance thing seems a little off :D

lmao not even worth the 30 minutes i spent doing it. nice reward

2 hours ago, joedobo said:

From the picture of anniversary item, in an email advertisement, I see 14 different items in total and here they are:

1. 2017: Saddle sacks
  2. 2016: Picnic basket
  3. 2015: Yule reindeer
  4. 2015: Valentines pottery 
  5. 2014: Yule goat
  6. 2013: Snow lantern
  7. 2012: Soft cap
  8. 2011: Garden gnome (red hat)
  9. 2010: Fireworks
  10. Garden gnome (green hat). Think people are calling it a bloody gnome.
  11. Troll mask
  12. Mask of the rebirth
  13. Knapsack

14. An unknown item that looks kinda like the saddle sack except I'm pretty sure it's not. I'd guess it's a bag of keeping.

Of course, just because I don't see it in the email picture doesn't mean it's not another option.

Too bad, while it is nice for people, who havent been active at some point in recent years, to the guys, who have been there for every event(present giving time), it is bit boring. Should've been every present in the past in that list:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Gifts

Idea itself is good tho..

4 minutes ago, rixk said:

Too bad, while it is nice for people, who havent been active at some point in recent years, to the guys, who have been there for every event(present giving time), it is bit boring. Should've been every present in the past in that list:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Gifts

Idea itself is good tho..

It doesn't matter what they do. If they give something new, people will:

Complain that its not good enough / an equivalent item exists (saddlesacks, picnic baskets)

Complain in a year that it is too good and how it is unfair for those joining later (BoK, farwalkers)

Complain that it was too much effort for an item that doesn't do anything (masks, santa hats)

I got another picnic basket and I think it's neat. It's timed nicely and I'll probably end up putting it on a table somewhere with some food and a bottle of champagne. :)

• Like 10

I got a snow lantern, I'm pretty happy with that since my old one vanished mysterously.

11 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

It doesn't matter what they do. If they give something new, people will:

Complain that its not good enough / an equivalent item exists (saddlesacks, picnic baskets)

Complain in a year that it is too good and how it is unfair for those joining later (BoK, farwalkers)

Complain that it was too much effort for an item that doesn't do anything (masks, santa hats)

I got another picnic basket and I think it's neat. It's timed nicely and I'll probably end up putting it on a table somewhere with some food and a bottle of champagne. :)

Good for you :)

I got a leather knapsack. Nothing new for me, but I'm not about to complain about a half-weight backpack that I got for free.

• Like 2

I got a yule goat, no functionality at all - ah wait, you can pat it :) Putting it next to another one(exactly the same looking) I got in 2014 xmas. I still feel, that this year the present is lacking. Like getting a book for present, which you already had... despite the person, who gifted it to you, knew that you already got that same book cpl of years ago. This is not a school play, where one cheers for effort.

2ustsia.jpg

This wasn't a Christmas event, though. Normally there aren't Anniversary gifts at all, so I don't know what you mean about "this year". This was something extra done as a gift without any expectation or obligation for it to be done in the first place.

Are you suggesting they just... shouldn't have given you anything? If so, I'll take the yule goat off your hands.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I got a leather knapsack. Nothing new for me, but I'm not about to complain about a half-weight backpack that I got for free.

Also got a knapsack. Only complaint is that there is not a different description to say it's from the 12th Anniversary, rather than the old "10 years of Wurm..." description.

can you get more than one gift if you keep searching?  Or is it one and done?