Sign in to follow this  
XenonPL

Valrei Bounty System

First of all, i would like to say that im entirely aware of my meh tier english writing.

Sooo to the main point, for quite a time i had an idea about new pve activity in wurm going around my head..

For now its just grinding generic monsters in bulk quantities, but what if we could add atleast some spice to it?

Let's say guards now would have an option to offer you a task for specific creature to kill.

First of all i would introduce new enemy: Bandit

After asking guard about work, there is chance that he will send you to abandoned settlement, that is currently occupied by bandits.
They of course, wont leave without a good argument... Killing them should be a long term solution. 
But what about their gear? Would we be able to loot them? Of course.. not! Everything they had officialy belongs to freedom kingdom.
But worry not! You will still be rewarded for every thumb you will bring.

Same enemies, different approaches.

Monsters with bounty from guard, will have different modifiers. And additionaly, they would be stronger.

Examples of what modifiers could be.
>Venomous - Bites would be extremly dangerous, unless you wear good protection/use antidote made from blood of creature that poisoned you.
>Enraged - Enemy would attack with less accuracy, but more frequently with higher damage.
 You can use special oil, to use on weapon, to make its attacks less frequent, and weaker, making it easier to kill it.
>Corrupted - Beast would be corrupted by unknown magic, its defense would be much higher, unless you use silver weaponry.

Etc. something like that.

Tracking would now be dependent on Hunting ability.

Hunting ability would be gained by tracking and killing special monsters.
Tracking on lower skill would not give you too many helpfull information, at best, it would tell you aprox. size of creature and direction it was moving towards.
At higher level, it would tell you more.

Well, for now it's just a bare bones ideas, most of them probably would require alot of research, but at first i wonder what others would think about stuff like that.

I would appreciate brainstorming.

This is a great idea and the starter should be your deed token. this game needs kill quests in a big way. I would think that u could get a repeating kill quest for some moon metal say kill 300 trolls or something. Its a great way to help the solo players that cant make the times for rifts. very rare when I can make a rift.

-1, i really would hate if they added the NPC bandit and generic quests. I think what makes Wurm great is the lack of the generic quests so its not like all of the other games out there (most MMOS, SP games for example skyrim etc). Ofc its my 2 cents. 

oh ya in other words borning, go kill mobs and yawn and not have anything for solo end game smart wulf.

4 minutes ago, Malcore said:

oh ya in other words borning, go kill mobs and yawn and not have anything for solo end game smart wulf.

if you find wurm boring without quests then clearly the game isnt for you

for a long time and many topics people have tried to add in new mobs new mechanics around existing ones and the list goes on and it just wont happen especially not generic kill quests

if troll and goblin villages gets declined 18 times over in years(they band together and form a small village surrounded by palisades and has a goblin leader or troll king inside) or server wide events(more complex then missions) dont make it why should a generic kill quest be added? especially if the kill quests give rewards

a -1 from me for this although i am all for more content to make the world more interesting