Sign in to follow this  
Druider

"Cannot determine a valid Java Home"

I started to play it yesterday and I had Java32. It worjed but started to terribly lag after a 1 hour of playing. Then I downloaded and installed Java64 and all was good.

Now after a night a game wont strat anymore. It gives that Java message. 0_o

?

Are you sure this is meant for Wurm Unlimited tech subforum? There is actually s separate subforum for WO issues. The steam version comes prebundled with its own java, and you do not need to download anything java related for that.

If it is Wurm Online, then my suggestion is go to Control panel, uninstalled ALL java versions, then use the offline manual instal for 64 bit Java:

http://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=233172_512cd62ec5174c3487ac17c61aaa89e8  (from this page, the third option)

I prefer the manual download/install because it resolves issuess with trying to install 64 bit java through a 32 bit browser. I would suggest not altering the home/path variables unless you are very sure what you are doing.  You should not need to do that at all with either WU or WO.  Sometimes having both 32 and 64 bit installed can cause issues.  Reinstalling 64 bit only should correct any errors in the location of java.  Sometimes you need to reboot the computer after installing, so that windows is alerted to the new system path.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yes I play WO. Actually I just bought the WU too, but was disapointed to realised that, those are two different things and couldnt continue my WO with it. Most of all because the WU client seemed to work so good...

Anyway, I did again all the Java uninstalling, manual installing of 64 version of Java, restarting the PC, but its not working. When I d-click the icon, it still says the same problem.

Only method how I can start the game, is always running installing (wurmclient.jnlp) again. Thats only method how I can manage to get the first game window open and proceed from there... Its littlebit frustrating. And top of the cake, I have to remember to refund my WU too... oh, lord. ?

Java HOME is a windows environment variable. I will look up a guide on how to define it. It just tells windows where to find java.

Oh, it would be nice. Im using Win7. ...Maybe its going to fall a parts. Its so old OS already.

Set JAVA_HOME:

Right click My Computer and select Properties.

On the Advanced tab, select Environment Variables, and then edit JAVA_HOME to point to where the JDK software is located, for example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02.

I only found this kind of addres: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_171\bin - I tried to add in both variables users- and in systems variables, with and without  \bin ending address, but its still not working.

I have no idea why Wurm would be asking for home, that's part of the SDK for developers. Are you trying to bypass the launcher, even the shortcut created by Wurm runs the jnlp as if it was clicked on the website from the java cache.

I'd suggest removing java again, run the java removal tool (if still available) and delete the cache folder. Then reinstall only 64 and Wurm from website.

The version of Windows your using has little effect on java, that's one of it's strengths. Platform independence.

Edited by Kelody

Dunno really anymore. Its strange.

I installed 32 and it started just normally. Too bad it takes like 30mins and game starts to lag badly... Im ready to give up... AND I made 2 days a bow and stuff that I can try archery, but it only throwed it away and the bow broked.

Need to find new motivate for this. ...maybe after new PC and games better user interface.

I think that the desk top  link you d-click is trying to find the 32bit java

Try downloading the https://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

and reinstall, if all goes well, the install should see the 64bit java and updated link will be created.

Edited by bigsteve

Guys, I solved the problem somehow. Im not sure if there problem were caused, because my c:users/"myuser" -folder, seemed to be tag with a lock symbol. ??? I changed the read/write permissions and now it starts the game normally.

Anyway, thank you for helping me out with this.

?

• Like 1