Sign in to follow this  
Tilda

Fireplace place item possible bug

Not able to place items on the 'mantle' shelf of the fireplace, only on the floor section of it near the fire. Not sure if a bug or intended, logic says the mantle is where you would want to place decorative items though.

Have accepted that this is probably intended rather than a bug, if someone wants to move this to suggestions instead feel free.

Little bump, any chance we might get this looked at, so we can use the mantle like a shelf for decorative items? Maybe at Christmas you could give us garlands or stockings as our gift to place there (would be something new and different as gifts :) )

Yes! Ok guess I must test it when I log in, after the place function came in and I first posted this I  never saw anything about it being fixed/changed so admit I've not tried it again :D Interesting little 'tiles' under those tokens, I've not seen that either. Thanks for the info will check it out!

Edit, just logged in and checked, nope still can't place on mantle so confused now.

Edited by Tilda

I tried some of the mini tokens, just get red and they won't place, have several fireplaces it's all the same, if this, as in your picture, is working in game now then I have no clue if I'm doing something wrong or what

To place things on that area of the fireplace you need the surface of the ledge to be visible to you so you can click on it when placing.

Try standing on some stairs next to it or embark on a horse/vehicle to gain some height when placing things.

You'll notice the screenshot Shydow provided is taken from an angle where it would be visible were it not for the small token collection.

Edited by Chromega

Ok thanks Chromega, so that is confirmation it works in WO but is just very tricky. I will try again with your suggestions.

Ok just logged in and tested by riding on a horse, and yes, can place from that height. So, feel a bit stupid now, but then again, no way I could have known that without someone telling me, it is a bit odd :D Anyway mystery solved, thanks Chromega.

Thread can be closed I guess but maybe it helped someone else who had no idea either.

Edited by Tilda