Sign in to follow this  
punishlife

[Bug] Able to kill players on freedom

So whilst trying out the new "spar to complete defeat players with x weapon" update, i sparred with my alt, as the weapon was bow, and found that, once spar was initiated, i could back off and continue fighting (as the bow wouldn't fire at close range) and despite getting low health, the combat wouldnt stop

[18:01:18] Your war arrow hits Chainsmoker in the chest.

[18:01:18] You hit Chainsmoker very hard in the chest and harm it.

[18:01:18] Chainsmoker is dead!

tested this twice and was able to kill twice. Not sure if it existed before or not as never really had a reason to use archery

IIRC there has always been a bug with archery and spars, thought it was on the wiki but I can't find it atm.

Edited by boilingfort

Just tested, spar will never end even if down to literally 1 health using a bow.

Also the spar method to complete "defeat another player with a bow" does not seem to work with bows, I suspect the reason is that spar is not finished and completed with the bows like using melee items as weapons. Even if you actually kill your opponent on a PVE server the achievement does not kick in as I've witnessed it today.

Edited by Jaz

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

Also the spar method to complete "defeat another player with a bow" does not seem to work with bows, I suspect the reason is that spar is not finished and completed with the bows like using melee items as weapons. Even if you actually kill your opponent on a PVE server the achievement does not kick in as I've witnessed it today.

If I understand it right, the player killed today was killed by shooting the bow.

The achievement doesn't seem to work by shooting. It's tricky, but it is a different issue. Last I followed it, these days, my allies made it work when: you equip the bow in the right hand, (probably) have 20+ weaponless, wear no pants and kick the other character in a spar.

13 minutes ago, Anarres said:

If I understand it right, the player killed today was killed by shooting the bow.

The achievement doesn't seem to work by shooting. It's tricky, but it is a different issue. Last I followed it, these days, my allies made it work when: you equip the bow in the right hand, (probably) have 20+ weaponless, wear no pants and kick the other character in a spar.

Tried it right now, yes that way the achievement kicks in (literally :P ). A bit silly, but works.

The goal cannot be reached shooting the opponent though...